Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

OG Runner

I think it's a huge shame to build another roller coaster.

I was hoping for more of a family attraction.

Leave the coasters to cheap parks like Six Flags. Universal is meant to be cutting edge. This ruins the aesthetics of the park.

Really kind of transparent to delete one account, open a new account and then state the same thing, using the phrasing.
Third time is the charm. Try again!

Bob Harlem

I love the paired down logo to the point where it would work for either Jurassic World or Jurassic Park. This may infer that the land may fully or partly be transformed to Jurassic World. (or not)

ToTBellHop

I think it's a huge shame to build another roller coaster.

I was hoping for more of a family attraction.

Leave the coasters to cheap parks like Six Flags. Universal is meant to be cutting edge. This ruins the aesthetics of the park.
Hopefully it won’t. By most accounts, the new Potter coaster will look great. I think we all agree that they should avoid a Rip, Ride Rock It look. I want to at least see concept art before lighting a torch.

JoeCamel

Hi Joe. I apologize. Good catch. I can't imagine another reason the posts were already deleted.
What do you think of the questions I did have though? They are legitimate, in reference to
ride variety.
I don't care if it is a coaster park, a screenzzz park or whatever. If they build me quality attractions I will be there
If they build me F&F I might just see what nature has to offer.

Eta: Looks like the censor dislikes the Disaster version of "mother"

OG Runner

Hopefully it won’t. By most accounts, the new Potter coaster will look great. I think we all agree that they should avoid a Rip, Ride Rock It look. I want to at least see concept art before lighting a torch.

I did see a Youtube report, I think it was Midway Mayhem, noting part of the new coaster will go out over the water with a high point drop of 175ft. Based on those elements, I am thinking it will have a Rip, Ride, Rock it look. (Damn, another one I will probably have to
be sedated to ride.)

lazyboy97o

I did see a Youtube report, I think it was Midway Mayhem, noting part of the new coaster will go out over the water with a high point drop of 175ft. Based on those elements, I am thinking it will have a Rip, Ride, Rock it look. (Damn, another one I will probably have to
be sedated to ride.)
Nothing like a nice coaster tower sitting in front of Hogwarts.

Bob Harlem

Very depressing news for those who want Universal to make more family friendly attractions that the whole family can experience. Even the Potter attractions have elements of intensity to them that aren't suitables for certain members of the family.

I've noticed there is a small 'uncultured' element of theme park fans that would be quite happy for a park to be full of roller coasters. Thanks heavens they aren't running a theme park - you'd get the same micro economics of 'Six Flags' not Disney, Universal.

Fake account? They lost two roller coasters when they demolished dragon challenge, you are getting a family friendly coaster with the Potter one. This will fill the other side, so I think it's a great move. (Tron & Guardians at disney?)

TwilightZone

Very depressing news for those who want Universal to make more family friendly attractions that the whole family can experience. Even the Potter attractions have elements of intensity to them that aren't suitables for certain members of the family.

I've noticed there is a small 'uncultured' element of theme park fans that would be quite happy for a park to be full of roller coasters. Thanks heavens they aren't running a theme park - you'd get the same micro economics of 'Six Flags' not Disney, Universal.
ERM.
You do realize universal has always been the more extreme park compared to disney right?
Even the tamer rides scare kids. Trust me, I know, stuff like Backdraft was the source of nightmares!
Do yourself a favor and look into the history of universal.
Or better yet, if you are so concerned with family, stick with disney! Or a kiddie park!

TwilightZone

Like i say, you have an uncultured element of theme parks who would be happy with a park full of coasters. Fortunately, Dinsey and Universal have made their names by producing world class attractions. Not cheap roller coasters that are found in your local theme park, with a few screens thrown in. It's a model that draws in millions of tourists who otherwise would stay clear of a theme park. It's why Six Flags is cheap trash, and Universal/Disney the top tier in entertainment.

I'd get rid of every single Universal's creative team. They've ruined their parks in the past few years with mistake after mistake.
Are you nuts?
First of all rollercoasters are not cheap, they take a lot of money to plan and build.
Second of all, disney's and universal's coasters are well themed.
Third of all, this coaster is not going to have screens (as far as I know) It's mostly physical.
Here are reminders of well themed coasters that disney has to show you.
expedition-everest-gallery00.jpg

space-mountain-00.jpg

big-thunder-mountain-railroad-gallery00.jpg

Not everywhere has lesser themed coasters. Not every coaster is the same. Not every coaster has screens.

TwilightZone

Sorry but the image of roller coasters in a theme park conjures up notions of local Six Flag type parks in most cities.

Universal is meant to be something special.

I have no issue with them building a coaster, but TWO, and rite next to each other is utterly ridiculous. Lazy.
The two coaster being built aren't even in the same theme park.
Do you even know what is at six flags?
This ride is going to be special, as is the jurrasic world coaster.
Have you even been to most theme parks?
How old are you, you misspelled the word right.
I suggest waiting to join here until you are more educated about theme parks. And spelling.

lazyboy97o

The two coaster being built aren't even in the same theme park.
Do you even know what is at six flags?
This ride is going to be special, as is the jurrasic world coaster.
Have you even been to most theme parks?
How old are you, you misspelled the word right.
I suggest waiting to join here until you are more educated about theme parks. And spelling.
I hate myself for agreeing with Jordan, but this is going to be a big, tall coaster sitting in front of the central view set up at the end of Port of Entry.

JoeCamel

I hate myself for agreeing with Jordan, but this is going to be a big, tall coaster sitting in front of the central view set up at the end of Port of Entry.
I agree but I bet they call the hill "Mosasaur Leap" and it is all good. In any case this will ruin the view we had up to now. I'm sure it is a concern, will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

TwilightZone

They're both being build in Islands Of Adventures. So you have Hulk, Potter, and now this. Three coasters.

Utterly ridiculous. The descent to Six Flags aiming for the cheapest lowest type of tourist continues.
You are acting like the entire park is gonna be coasters, when it's just three.
There's still going to be variety, not to mention the third park..
Really, what makes coaster lovers the cheapest type of tourist? With that logic, every ride will be appealing to the cheapest type of tourist as carnivals also have dark rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom