Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

JoeCamel

You are acting like the entire park is gonna be coasters, when it's just three.
There's still going to be variety, not to mention the third park..
Really, what makes coaster lovers the cheapest type of tourist? With that logic, every ride will be appealing to the cheapest type of tourist as carnivals also have dark rides.
Now, now give Jordan his due, it is 4 coasters when the 2 new ones are done. Wonder how many rides are in the park? I'm sure Jordan will give us an answer

Lintemuthstudios

Seriously? You're complaining that Universal isn't building family attractions when they're literally building a family coaster right next door and a new family-friendly theme park down the street. Get out of here with that, man.

Back on topic. Is anybody else curous as to how they're gonna handle the Potter sightline issue?

Tom Morrow

My only hope is that this coaster has a low profile and is aesthetically pleasing, if the rumors are correct that this is going to be a B&M wing rider or something along those lines.

lebeau

Fake account? They lost two roller coasters when they demolished dragon challenge, you are getting a family friendly coaster with the Potter one. This will fill the other side, so I think it's a great move. (Tron & Guardians at disney?)

Yeah. This is a rerun. Just wait long enough and he/she will go away. But first he/she will bang the same drum repeatedly in every thread until everyone puts this account on ignore. It's a thing that happens here every few months.

George Lucas on a Bench

Very depressing news for those who want Universal to make more family friendly attractions that the whole family can experience. Even the Potter attractions have elements of intensity to them that aren't suitables for certain members of the family.

I've noticed there is a small 'uncultured' element of theme park fans that would be quite happy for a park to be full of roller coasters. Thanks heavens they aren't running a theme park - you'd get the same micro economics of 'Six Flags' not Disney, Universal.

People want thrill rides and I assume roller coasters especially. It's why the coasters and such have long lines and E.T. and the Cat in the Hat (Which, don't get me wrong, I prefer and think are great) are always walk-ons with metric buttloads of empty unused switchbacks that no one except a janitor has passed through in years.

Universal doesn't even have that many rollercoasters.

If the JP land gets rethemed also into Jurassic World it will be interesting to see if Universal will add a few more new rides to expand the land. But having Kong and Potter close by makes it tough to expand. I think Kong should have been a JW attraction. Guess it’s too late to retheme the Kong attraction into like a Jurassic World attraction.

Jon81uk

The new "coaster" being built to replace Dragon Challenge is not the same as what it is replacing. It is more like The Mummy and Gringotts, a high speed ride with show scenes.
Yes the new Jurassic Coaster will be thrilling, but thrill rides draw people to the park and its good to offer a range of attractions, IoA had three high thrill rollercoasters (Hulk, Fire & Ice), currently it has one (Hulk) and Jurassic will make two. The new Potter Forbidden Forest coaster will be thrilling, but narrative focused, more like Gringotts and The Mummy.
Hopefully they get the sightlines right, but the skyline of IoA has always featured coasters, they literally use the outline of them in marketing images.

Also don't forget Disney are currently adding two more coasters (Tron and Guardians) and I'm not expecting them to have any on-ride animatronics yet the Forbidden Forest coaster is expected to feature animatronics.

Andrew Appleby

Talk of a 2021 opening? Seems like a long time for that. I'd guessed it would be a Summer 2020 opening, not sure why it would take 2.5 years to complete?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
They're both being build in Islands Of Adventures. So you have Hulk, Potter, and now this. Three coasters.

Utterly ridiculous. The descent to Six Flags aiming for the cheapest lowest type of tourist continues.

Magic Kingdom:
>Big Thunder Mountain
>Space Mountain
>The Barnstormer

Hollywood Studios
>Rock N Roller Coaster
>Slinky Dog Dash

If you're gonna troll, at least do it right.

Jon81uk

They're both being build in Islands Of Adventures. So you have Hulk, Potter, and now this. Three coasters.

Utterly ridiculous. The descent to Six Flags aiming for the cheapest lowest type of tourist continues.

Islands of Adventure had three coasters on opening in 1999, with one more added in 2000. Currently it has two, with one more opening this summer and then this new one coming in 2020 or 2021. So in 20 years there will actually have been a no increase in the number of coasters in the park.

For reference they are
At opening in 1999 - Hulk, Duelling Dragon Fire, Duelling Dragon Ice. (three in total)
Added in 2000 - Flying Unicorn (now flight of the Hippogriff) (now four in total)
Closed in 2017 Dragon Fire and Dragon Ice (now two in total)
Added in 2019 Forbidden Forest coaster (now three in total)
Added in 2020/21 Jurassic coaster (now four in total)

Also the Forbidden Forest "coaster" will offer show scenes and animatronics, so is very very different to anything Six flags does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom