Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

BubbaQuest

Not sure why that would mean they took 2.5 years to complete a coaster.

Probably depends on the amount of site prep work. I'm assuming they are going to have to drain part of the lagoon to do this. Not sure they will want to do that during the summer when Hagrid's coaster opens so active construction may not start until 2020.

Still seems like a long time, but 2021 does make sense if they want to coordinate a new "Jurassic World" section of the park with the new movie.

JoeCamel

Probably depends on the amount of site prep work. I'm assuming they are going to have to drain part of the lagoon to do this. Not sure they will want to do that during the summer when Hagrid's coaster opens so active construction may not start until 2020.

Still seems like a long time, but 2021 does make sense if they want to coordinate a new "Jurassic World" section of the park with the new movie.
I don't think they will do more than put a dam around the footing locations while they place the footings.

ToTBellHop

Because it's possible they want the ride opening to coincide with the film opening? I mean, it's not that hard to figure out.
There’s really no need for that in a franchise this old. Disney is not coordinating SWGE with any particular movie. Long-standing IPs remain relevant. See also: Harry Potter.

lazyboy97o

Islands of Adventure had three coasters on opening in 1999, with one more added in 2000. Currently it has two, with one more opening this summer and then this new one coming in 2020 or 2021. So in 20 years there will actually have been a no increase in the number of coasters in the park.

For reference they are
At opening in 1999 - Hulk, Duelling Dragon Fire, Duelling Dragon Ice. (three in total)
Added in 2000 - Flying Unicorn (now flight of the Hippogriff) (now four in total)
Closed in 2017 Dragon Fire and Dragon Ice (now two in total)
Added in 2019 Forbidden Forest coaster (now three in total)
Added in 2020/21 Jurassic coaster (now four in total)

Also the Forbidden Forest "coaster" will offer show scenes and animatronics, so is very very different to anything Six flags does.
Pteranodon Flyers is a coaster.

Jon81uk

Not entirely enthusiastic about this.

1) they are already building a new coaster for Potter. How about something new, instead of another coaster? IOA becomes a bit too roller coaster heavy.

2) Ugly Sight line.

3) another non family friendly attraction that will only appeal to thrill seekers.

4) the image coasters bring to a park - namely cheap six flags.

Guess I will be sticking my family at Disney again.

There will be no net gain in coasters.

Universal closed two coasters at Islands of Adventure in 2017, they are adding one back in 2019 and another in 2020.
The new Forbidden Forest coaster will have animatronics, it can not be compared to Six Flags, it will be a family attraction, similar to Gringotts at the studios, but more physical animatronics instead of 3D screens.

Magic Kingdom will soon have the same number of rollercoasters as Islands of Adventure. Just because a park has rollercoasters doesn't make it cheap or just for thrill seekers.
Across Disney World they added a coaster in 2018 and another two are currently being built, Disney is building just as many coasters.

OG Runner

The number of coasters in any of the parks doesn't matter, neither does the choice of coasters. I do like the coasters with more theming.
Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and even the Seven Dwarfs are all enjoyed. The new Harry Potter coaster is a ride I can see me riding a lot, just as much as I enjoy The Mummy. The Jurassic Park coaster is not going to be like those. It is going to be a large coaster with 175 foot drop. It is pretty hard to overly theme that kind of a ride. It doesn't make it any less attractive to a lot of people. Variety my friends, embrace it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom