Jungle Cruise rehab

Magicot

Those must be the most forgettable steps in the world! I only remember ramps/queue zig-zagging down and to the right when you enter. Then again, the anticipation of hitting one of the all-time great attractions probably has me overlooking something as obvious as stairs. I think it's the [Space Mountain] queue music, it's intoxicating.
It'll be a sad day if they ever remove that queue music at SM. I think it's some of the most powerful theme-setting music on WDW property.

Red devil

I do hope that this small refrubishment is prep for a much larger, more extensive, all encompassing, complete, total, large scale refurbishment. JC is in dire need of it.

jt04

Personally I like JC the way it is. It just needs a little TLC!!

From what I can gather that is all this refurb is doing. Evidently there are some infastruture problems that just can't wait. The only person contributing to the thread who has inside information is Magicot and the only thing she can confirm is that some "animals" are being "painted" but it "depends on which one". So that is all we have to go on. :zipit:

:wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Evidently there are some infastruture problems that just can't wait.
It couldn`t. For over a year now believe it or not.

Aside from painting, expect certain items to look like new, certain things hidden now, and certain things working better than they used to.

Don`t expect the big one for at least 18 months though.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
It couldn`t. For over a year now believe it or not.

Aside from painting, expect certain items to look like new, certain things hidden now, and certain things working better than they used to.

Don`t expect the big one for at least 18 months though.

Thanks for this information Martin! I look forward to seeing when this takes place. :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Another reason Disneyland's Adventureland is cooler than WDW's:
Not only do they have the Indy ride, they are tying Indy into into the whole land this summer, including Jungle Cruise.

"Indiana Jones™ and the Secret of the Stone Tiger"
Young Guests become archeologists as they solve clues, complete tasks and decipher codes, Indy style which leads to a hidden treasure. A friendly and helpful female archeologist, who may not be as innocent as she seems, will host the experience. However, if her intentions are found to be villainous, Indy will surely be on the scene to aid the youngsters.

Indiana Jones™ Adventure Map
Guests will be able to pick up a special map near the entrance to Aladdin's Oasis, leading them to a series of clues that, when deciphered, reveal a secret message. This message can be used online to obtain an exclusive download of desktop wallpaper, screen saver or other collateral. The map also has a section that highlights activities in the queue of Indiana Jones™ Adventure and the Jungle Cruise.

Adventure Photo Location
Guests can step into an action-packed sequence inspired by Raiders of the Lost Ark. They can also pick up their Indiana Jones™ Adventure Maps at this location.

Indiana Jones™ Adventure Queue
Using their Indiana Jones™ Adventure Maps as a guide, Guests will discover an exciting array of secrets hidden away in the queue of the attraction.

Jungle Cruise
The Jungle Cruise Skipper spiel has been enhanced to reflect the idea that Indy has been traveling through the jungle on his latest expedition – and we will signs of his exploits. Moreover, Guests with a keen eye can look for hidden icons from the first three films, which are described in their Adventure Maps.

Indiana Jones™ in Adventureland!
Indiana Jones™ and a male enemy agent run into each other in the street and pursue one another through Adventureland – pushing through the crowd, popping up here, there and everywhere! Seems one of them has a map to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye that the other wants. This results in a series of fun-filled, dramatic staged "moments" that include fights on balconies, pursuits and daring escapes!

WDWFREAK53

Not only do they have the Indy ride, they are tying Indy into into the whole land this summer, including Jungle Cruise.

Young Guests become archeologists as they solve clues, complete tasks and decipher codes, Indy style which leads to a hidden treasure. A friendly and helpful female archeologist, who may not be as innocent as she seems, will host the experience. However, if her intentions are found to be villainous, Indy will surely be on the scene to aid the youngsters.

Guests will be able to pick up a special map near the entrance to Aladdin's Oasis, leading them to a series of clues that, when deciphered, reveal a secret message. This message can be used online to obtain an exclusive download of desktop wallpaper, screen saver or other collateral. The map also has a section that highlights activities in the queue of Indiana Jones™ Adventure and the Jungle Cruise.

Adventure Photo Location
Guests can step into an action-packed sequence inspired by Raiders of the Lost Ark. They can also pick up their Indiana Jones™ Adventure Maps at this location.

Using their Indiana Jones™ Adventure Maps as a guide, Guests will discover an exciting array of secrets hidden away in the queue of the attraction.

Jungle Cruise
The Jungle Cruise Skipper spiel has been enhanced to reflect the idea that Indy has been traveling through the jungle on his latest expedition – and we will signs of his exploits. Moreover, Guests with a keen eye can look for hidden icons from the first three films, which are described in their Adventure Maps.

Indiana Jones™ and a male enemy agent run into each other in the street and pursue one another through Adventureland – pushing through the crowd, popping up here, there and everywhere! Seems one of them has a map to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye that the other wants. This results in a series of fun-filled, dramatic staged "moments" that include fights on balconies, pursuits and daring escapes!

Whoa...NICE! I like this idea.

WildLodgeFan

Adventure Photo Location

Jungle Cruise

I want to play!!!! Why must DL receive the Indy love and not WDW? :cry:

darthjohnny

In relation to the Indiana Jones talk, I wish WDW would have done an Indiana JonesWeekends next week to celebrate the movie coming out, and make up for the fact that the Star Wars Weekends aren't starting until June 6th.

Magicot

From what I can gather that is all this refurb is doing. Evidently there are some infastruture problems that just can't wait. The only person contributing to the thread who has inside information is Magicot and the only thing she can confirm is that some "animals" are being "painted" but it "depends on which one". So that is all we have to go on. :zipit:

:wave:
First of all, I'm a guy. And secondly, that's not the only thing confirmed. Other people have mentioned draining of the river, work on the queue floor, and work on unseen show elements. If this >:zipit:< is implying you're frustrated, feel free to ask more questions.

jt04

I second that!

I also vote for DHS to get an Indy mini-land with an actual ride. :lookaroun

Me too! BUT I have a feeling that if WDW were to get an Indy mini-land it might very well end up at AK. Just a feeling I have had since I heard that the new movie at least partly takes place in Central/South America.

Now if they are looking for unifying theme for the rumored "Night Kingdom" what could possibly be better than to have it based on Indiana Jones' adventures where you are in the role of the archeologist. No matter which they did I think it would be incredible. Just my two cents! :D

jt04

Just to follow up on my previous post, if IJ gets a mini-land outside of DHS (or it is used to theme Night Kingdom), I think it is quite possible Star Tours (and other SW attractions) could end up at the MK (Tomorrowland). Of course that would mean there won't be a "Lucasland" at DHS but it would allow the IJ/SW franchises a lot more space to expand and fully realize their potential at WDW. It will be fun to see what happens.:)

Kman101

DHS definitely needs the Indiana Jones ride. Rode it for the first time this week and absolutely loved it. I don't care if AK has Dinosaur, if the MK can have three Dumbo like attractions ... and I wasn't all that impressed by the pirannah attack for the JC. It was okay. Kinda neat but eh, I wouldn't be upset if it was never added here.

I do say I'm bummed about Space Mountain. Disneyland's is 1000 times better. I always skip Space Mountain at WDW but I'd make an effort everytime at Disneyland to ride theirs. The music is awesome, the track is so smooth and it's dark enough so you can't really see the track, unlike WDW where I see the track and it just ruins the whole thing for me.

jt04

DHS definitely needs the Indiana Jones ride. Rode it for the first time this week and absolutely loved it. I don't care if AK has Dinosaur, if the MK can have three Dumbo like attractions ... and I wasn't all that impressed by the pirannah attack for the JC. It was okay. Kinda neat but eh, I wouldn't be upset if it was never added here.

I do say I'm bummed about Space Mountain. Disneyland's is 1000 times better. I always skip Space Mountain at WDW but I'd make an effort everytime at Disneyland to ride theirs. The music is awesome, the track is so smooth and it's dark enough so you can't really see the track, unlike WDW where I see the track and it just ruins the whole thing for me.

I agree. All the other Space Mountains utilize more modern technology. The one at WDW is so dated it is pathetic. Rumor has it though that help is on the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom