Jungle Cruise movie

trainplane3

So who gets the grief for the inappropriate touching portrayed at the end of this promo?
The answer is obvious: the cameraman for not doing anything to stop it....or actually, the entire group of people behind the camera.

On topic though, I'm curious about this movie. It's The Rock, so it should be pretty fun at the very least.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'd rather have more theme park movies then the 500 live-action cartoon remakes. And in this current environment where no original attraction is safe, turning them into franchises unto themselves is probably their best path towards survival.
Just out of curiosity, what original attractions have been gotten rid of or replaced that were still popular or well liked. I know Great Movie Ride, but that's all I can think of and I'm wondering if I'm missing something for you to refer to it like it's a trend

smile

Just out of curiosity, what original attractions have been gotten rid of or replaced that were still popular or well liked. I know Great Movie Ride, but that's all I can think of and I'm wondering if I'm missing something for you to refer to it like it's a trend

i'm cautious of individuals who prefer pooh to toad, but that's me
:cautious:

gmr and uoe belong in a particular category, with others, normally in orlando, whose show quality was permitted to degrade to the point where replacement was no longer in question...
that tactic renders a direct answer to your question misleading, imo

brb1006

I'd rather have more theme park movies then the 500 live-action cartoon remakes. And in this current environment where no original attraction is safe, turning them into franchises unto themselves is probably their best path towards survival.
If Disney ever plans on making a animated movie based on the original Journey Into Imagination attraction with bits taken from the Marvel Figments comics. I would die of happiness.
Bp447A9CMAAEWBf.jpg

Phineas

I commented on a Facebook link that I was interested in seeing this, and what they did with the source material. But I also was sure to mention that I hoped they wouldn't feel the need to alter the ride like they did with PotC. I was quickly met with "Disney said the parks would never be complete! The changes were made BEFORE the movies came out! Don't be bitter, buddy!"

I should have known to keep my mild grumpiness relegated to these forums, I guess.

WDWTank

Every wannabe franchise film always carries a risk attached :)

VJ

When is Disney going to figure out whether or not they want the apostrophe! :banghead:

Logo = Disney
Text = Disney's
(at least when movies are involved)

Seems to be a bit more literal when it comes to the Parks if Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade and Disney California Adventure are any indication.

KaliSplash

I like Dwayne Johnson. I could see him pulling off a Skipper Routine for the movie. On a separate note, is there anything TWDC is not willing to exploit these days? I wouldnt be surprised if they make a movie about park benches,Tangled bathrooms or D-Zone at Epcot.
Mickey's job is to make money for its stockholders. Anyway they can think to do that is likely to be done. They are clearly not concerned with our "idealistic" memory of they way Walt did things. (And I Like the way Walt did things, but Walt was the dreamer and Roy was the 'let's make this affordable,profitable, etc." guy. The leaders Mickey has today are Roy to the Max

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I'm guessing this movie will do worse than Solo.

I'm burned out on "adventure time with the Rock" movies so I'll likely skip this one. Will others though... is it Rock fatigue or Jungle movie fatigue? Maybe viewers will start to realize that "The Rock" just plays a caricature of himself in every movie.

But... People didn't think Jumanji 2.0 would do well and it exceeded expectations. :shrugs: Who knows?

RSoxNo1

I'm burned out on "adventure time with the Rock" movies so I'll likely skip this one. Will others though... is it Rock fatigue or Jungle movie fatigue? Maybe viewers will start to realize that "The Rock" just plays a caricature of himself in every movie.

But... People didn't think Jumanji 2.0 would do well and it exceeded expectations. :shrugs: Who knows?
I like the Rock a lot, but there haven't been many movies of his that I've liked. He does exceptionally well in the international box office possibly in part because they're often just non stop action without much dialogue. I feel that many of his movies, while still remaining campy could be much better with a bit more snark in the script.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom