Jungle Cruise movie

carriehpotter

I think he has the right acting personality to pull off the terrible puns (There better be terrible puns...no "playing it straight" nonsense...). I love Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, but I love the period piece concept more. I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment... :cautious:

Phil12

I think he has the right acting personality to pull off the terrible puns (There better be terrible puns...no "playing it straight" nonsense...). I love Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, but I love the period piece concept more. I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment... :cautious:
That's why they call it "acting". There's no better training for an actor than working in pro wrestling.

pwnbeaver

That's why they call it "acting". There's no better training for an actor than working in pro wrestling.

I would say that stage acting in classics is much better training but sure.

I like the Rock so this should be good. Luckily we don't have to worry about a Rock AA or anything being added since that costs money and Disney refuses to spend that. Maybe we'll get a Rock cardboard cutout in the driver's seat and a new spiel spoken by him over speakers to save CM costs.

Matt_Black

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Allen/ Hanks one was supposed to be a drama wherein they look for a rare plant that's supposed to cure some disease. That's... uh. This is a step up.

Brian Swan

Wonder if this ends up being like Pirates, didn't they add some key plusses once the movies came out. Not saying I want a big change, but a little addition here or there to the ride would be nice.
I'd love to see JC get some love/updates. I wouldn't want to se the iconic scenes (the hunting party up the pole, the elephant pool, the hippos, etc) go away, but I'd love to see the animals look more like animals than fiberglass lawn decorations.

Matt_Black

Still surprised they never had a thought about making the Scott Pearson Kingdom Keepers as a film....

Actually, Jon Favreau was attached to a film where the stuff in the Magic Kingdom comes alive at night, a la Night at the Museum, and I believe Kingdom Keepers had been mentioned as an inspiration, but I think that got stuck in developmental hell, or he just got busy with The Jungle Book.

No Name

The fact that the script is taking so long makes me concerned. Do they have a solid story, or is it being forced around the ride IP? I wonder.

As for whether I like the idea of the movie, well, however good or successful it is, I just hope the ride stays mainly the same.

I usually root for these to bomb so they won't mess with the ride that inspired it...

Yes. But on the other hand, if they are hits, they can protect the ride as a whole. For example, PotC now has Jack Sparrow in it, but at least the ride has no real chance of going away anytime soon.

On another note, in this darkest hour, would a new and successful Tower of Terror movie really be bad?

Brian Swan

Still surprised they never had a thought about making the Scott Pearson Kingdom Keepers as a film....
You mean the badly researched, horribly written, cliché ridden, drivel that passes for youth fiction these days? One thing the movie would have going for it - it would be really hard for it to be worse than the book...

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I personally would watch every single one of those films. When they described the way Maleficent froze the ground as she walked on it and the sickeningly pale green color of her skin in the first book, I remember getting chills and being on the edge of my seat!

Also, I remember watching a special that said that making a movie based off of an attraction breathes new life into it and makes it more relevant and easy to relate to. It was in specific reference to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. I personally loved the Haunted Mansion movie even though it was very tongue-in-cheek. Thinking about it now, though, I probably wouldn't want Eddie Murphy traipsing about the Haunted Mansion in WDW.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Like building a theme park based partly off of Disney movies, making a television series to promote the parks, using stars from Disney movies or TV shows to market other ventures of the company. Maybe use profits from one business to finance other business ventures or use corporate sponsors to help pay for projects. Recycling rides form some sort of exhibition or existing park and adding them to another park. Taking old well known stories and making them into new feature movies. Imagine what TWDC would be like if Walt had thought of such things!
Walt and his team of talented men and women were artists and knew how to strike a proper balance. Todays regime just follows a mathematical equation. Its a shame you fail to realize, or cant comprehend, the difference.

raymusiccity

I usually root for these to bomb so they won't mess with the ride that inspired it...

The 'Haunted Mansion' movie bombed, but sure enough, they messed with Madame Leota :-(

image.jpeg

CastleBound

So many possible Rock jokes could come from this. I would hope that's all they would do to the ride. We don't need big changes here unless they want to update some AA's.
Rock jokes = great. Rock AA... please no. I do have to say that King Triton AA is a decent base model. That guy is ripped.

JohnD

How exactly would this movie work? In the ride, you magically ride through rivers (Amazon, Nile, Gangese) across three continents (S. America, Africa, and Asia). Movies based off rides may work (Pirates) or not (HM). If the movie is a success, you can count on a refurb of JC including The Rock or something else from the movie.

jhendrix

Maybe it'll be a comedy-mystery where they have to travel across the rivers of the world. The jungle version of National Treasure.

And while I'm thinking about it now, why didn't Disney ever build a National Treasure ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom