June 2012!

TakeMeThere81

Is it too early for a roll call?? I'm so freaking excited I can't stand it and I need to chat with others who are feeling the same!!

We'll be there from June 15-29, Two Whole Weeks! I have a preliminary itinerary ready to go, and we are slowly working out the other details. We haven't purchased any tickets or booked our resort yet, we are getting to that all according to schedule. I can't wait for that 180-day mark to book dining reservations! We have a party of 5 so I find dining reservations to be the most challenging.

Oh, and this trip is a surprise! The kids won't know! We aren't sure whether it will be a Christmas present surprise or whether we will be able to hold off until like, after we take off in the airplane in route! What do you think?? It's hard because we'd have to keep this awesome secret for so long!

Billy6

I'll start the roll with you... June 9th-17th... Our annual June trip...
Staying for the second time at Kidani Village, our DVC home resort...

We are usually a party of 9/10 depending on if my daughter goes with us(she lives with her mom) and last year was the first time she didn't go..Usually making reservations isn't that much of a hassel, even for 9/10.

What are some of the places you are thinking about? We did Tutto Italia last year(right after I proposed to my GF :)) and California Grill...I think I want to try Ohana, and Cinderella's Castle for breakfast....

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Original Poster
...Usually making reservations isn't that much of a hassel, even for 9/10.

What are some of the places you are thinking about? We did Tutto Italia last year(right after I proposed to my GF :)) and California Grill...I think I want to try Ohana, and Cinderella's Castle for breakfast....

Well that is good to hear. Honestly I have had trouble in the past, but I figure by getting in there at 180 days out I shouldn't have any trouble. Let's see...places we are hoping for...

Breakfast:

Crystal Palace for a pre-park breakfast, and then Kona twice(we've done Ohana's breakfast which is fun, but we aren't willing to pay for characters this time...kids are getting older and what I really want are the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes at Kona!)

Lunch: Most likely these will be late lunches(we save $ that way too): Trail's End, T-Rex, 50's Prime Time, Whispering Canyon*, Biergarten.

Dinners: Boma, Teppan Edo*, Flying Fish*(Date night) and Raglan Road*(another date night)

So as you can see while I am making dining reservations, we are really spreading them out over the 2 weeks and we aren't going nuts making tons. DH and I learned our lesson on our last vacation...the lesson of Food Hangover...kwim? So I stick with one ADR per day max, and some days not if we are planning on eating at like Beaches n Cream*, Earl of Sandwich, or Sunshine Seasons or something like that. Just seems like more than one major meal per day and we all start to feel miserable from eating way too much...

(The asterisks are for places we have never eaten at before)

I'd say my biggest concern comes with Crystal Palace pre-park ADR for a few reasons. First, I have had trouble getting it before. Second, last time we did it, the park hours changed to opening an hour earlier, so while we were headed to breakfast, everyone else was just about entering the park...so no peaceful, magical park-to-ourselves moments :( My big hope is that we will be able to catch a PhotoPass Photographer and get a great family castle picture. I still don't have any great pictures where we are all in them! :eek:

It's never too early! We are planning a split between the BVC and the WLV.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0
We are going 4th-14th June staying at Saratoga Springs:sohappy:, what are crowds like in early June? We normally go in Sep/Oct which i know is one of the quietest times but we wanted a change and decided to go for my wifes birthday in June, it also means we can hopefully attend the Star Wars weekend if they are similar times to last year.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1024

We will be there too June 9-17. We always go in June. Can't wait :sohappy: we will be staying at all star music because we needed a suite. We were going to stay at the art of animation but I could not see spending that much money this time around. I am paying for 5 guests. Nuff said....my fam damily.

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Original Poster
Ok so I'm anxiously awaiting the park times to come out! You guys let me know in case I miss it ok?

We are going 4th-14th June staying at Saratoga Springs:sohappy:, what are crowds like in early June? We normally go in Sep/Oct which i know is one of the quietest times but we wanted a change and decided to go for my wifes birthday in June, it also means we can hopefully attend the Star Wars weekend if they are similar times to last year.

OMG I completely forgot about SWW!! I hope, I Hope I hope!! WE LOVE STAR WARS!!!

So will we and a few hundred DeLorean Owners :D

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/

Thanks for the heads up!!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

OMG! I would be all over the Delorean show! Lol!

Everyone there on June 12th has to think of me so I'm there in spirit on my birthday!

Sounds like fun, y'all! I love the excitement of everyone's plans! :wave:

Upvote 0

Billy6

My family and I go every June, usually first or second week, and the crowds are high, but managable... We always do the early arrival and leave after lunch time/return in the eve, and we pretty much always get what we like done early With my 6yr old DD, we hit Fantasyland at rope drop and hit Dumbo, SWSA, and PPF al within the first hour or so and then hit the rest of the park....So early arrivals is key...

SWW's are crowded, we are huge fans, but we tend to stay away..

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Original Poster
OMG! I would be all over the Delorean show! Lol!

Everyone there on June 12th has to think of me so I'm there in spirit on my birthday!

Sounds like fun, y'all! I love the excitement of everyone's plans! :wave:

I definitely will!!

Me too! It is so much fun hearing about everyone else's plans in addition to mine!!

My family and I go every June, usually first or second week, and the crowds are high, but managable... We always do the early arrival and leave after lunch time/return in the eve, and we pretty much always get what we like done early With my 6yr old DD, we hit Fantasyland at rope drop and hit Dumbo, SWSA, and PPF al within the first hour or so and then hit the rest of the park....So early arrivals is key...

SWW's are crowded, we are huge fans, but we tend to stay away..

I am especially thankful for this advice. On our first trip to WDW, I think we went during the first week of June, but it was way back in 2007 and it was our first trip, 'nough said. We were still learning the ropes. But I really like your tips. I was planning along the same lines, arrive early, take a break, head back for evening hours. And we will split up our longer-walking hotter park days with water parks or DisneyQuest as well.

Upvote 0

Billy6

I am especially thankful for this advice. On our first trip to WDW, I think we went during the first week of June, but it was way back in 2007 and it was our first trip, 'nough said. We were still learning the ropes. But I really like your tips. I was planning along the same lines, arrive early, take a break, head back for evening hours. And we will split up our longer-walking hotter park days with water parks or DisneyQuest as well.

You're very welcome...This advice is definately related to the other 3 parks, I just used MK as the best example. It also helps in the melting heat of June...As we all love, most attractions have AC from heaven, sometimes the heat can get to you... Oh and ponchos are a must...Sometimes you can get lucky and go the whole week without rain or have the customary rainy season downpour...

Have you decided where to stay yet??

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Original Poster
You're very welcome...This advice is definately related to the other 3 parks, I just used MK as the best example. It also helps in the melting heat of June...As we all love, most attractions have AC from heaven, sometimes the heat can get to you... Oh and ponchos are a must...Sometimes you can get lucky and go the whole week without rain or have the customary rainy season downpour...

Have you decided where to stay yet??

It is really hot in June. We used to be much more acclimated, then we moved to Oregon...:lookaroun so I figure we'll be glad we chose to add water parks. Although, the water parks are just as much part of our Disney experience as all the other parks.

Ponchos...I'm not sure if we'll bring them or not. I mean, I know that when it rains there it seriously pours, but we can usually anticipate it and duck into something longer like American Adventure, or mealtime. Or we head back to our room and nap. Ahhh, napping during a thunderstorm, its the best!

We're staying off-site. My husband is in the military so we take advantage of great military timeshare deals. We check Disney, but usually they can't even come close to matching.

Also, I wanted to mention, I did a little research on Star Wars Weekends and I think my family and I will miss it by a week. If you are there the first two weeks, you should be able to check it out though. We'll be there starting the third week in June.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice Billy6 we like to be in parks early so sounds like your advice will work well for us, I have learned always to take poncho's with us to Florida especially in September as we often get rain storms of the hurricanes at that time of year. You mention SWW as being very crowded are they worth it? I am a big fan and the pictures and videos look great that are posted here, also is it better to go on the sat or sun or does it make no difference?

Upvote 0

Billy6

Thanks for the advice Billy6 we like to be in parks early so sounds like your advice will work well for us, I have learned always to take poncho's with us to Florida especially in September as we often get rain storms of the hurricanes at that time of year. You mention SWW as being very crowded are they worth it? I am a big fan and the pictures and videos look great that are posted here, also is it better to go on the sat or sun or does it make no difference?

My pleasure...If you haven't been to SWW and are a fan, YES, Worth it...Which day, would be a toss up..one day may have a more popular celebrity signing then the other or a special event, but I enjoy the parade a ton..a while back, you didnt need a celebrity signing tix/pass, so the lines for those fill up quick in the morn...I would definately go and experience it...IMO, and going years in a row, I think I have experienced it enough to not put it on my "to do" list ...

We usually duck in a shop or attraction when it starts to pour, but if you are stuck in the back of the park and want to get out or to the other side, ponchos make the trek more, shall we say "dry"....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom