Juan's Multi-park update with important SM news!

jt04

You know I'm talking about the effects and music when I say stuck in the 70s.:lol:

Ah, got it.

If we have the same star projectors and the place is still filthy I will definitely be agreeing. I have high hopes for all of the queue areas.

EPCOT Explorer

:shrug: But if it was completely gutted and then used the same layout wouldn't it still be a "70's coaster"? (rhetorical)

I can't wait until it reopens so we can see exactly what is happening here. It should be very interesting to say the least.

No, that's all dependent on the feeling and the effects.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That's not what I was told.:shrug:

I heard the original plan was a tear down/rebuild of the original track layout.

Huh? The rumor was we would get a DL-esque version. Wide banking turns as opoosed to a mouse like ride. DL's Space is entirely different.

These two posts sum it up.

Internet plans, original plans, blue sky plans- whatever you want to call them, are all totally irrelevant. What counts is whats being done, and whats being done is none of those things.

Some of you guys want to talk about these "plans" until the cows come home. It's not reality of whats going on.

SirGoofy

Internet plans, original plans, blue sky plans- whatever you want to call them, are all totally irrelevant. What counts is whats being done, and whats being done is none of those things.

Some of you guys want to talk about these "plans" until the cows come home. It's not reality of whats going on.

But it's what could, and should, have happened.

juan

Original Poster

At the moment, I am confident with the information I received even if some of it conflicts with some of your reports. I'll just have to wait and see.

lazyboy97o

See I think the claim the budgets were not related is not true. Lasseter said FL has been being planned for a long time.

I'm convinced we didn't get the rumored "Lee" SM because the budget was redirected to the expansion of the Magic Kingdom and the new FL.

And the cheers that were heard when the SM project were announced secretly to those who needed to know might have been for the new FL rather than the SM project. Possibly.

Flame away goofy. :lol:
Every project takes time to be developed. Imagineering also has a budget to develop projects. Just because there are Imagineers working on some amazing concept does not mean that it has the support of the upper echelon of Imagineering or the suits that make the calls.

The reasoning behind the Fantasyland project supports a larger scale Space Mountain project, not a smaller one. The whole reasoning behind Fantasyland push from the top down is the "do as little as possible" mentality of which Space Mountain is apparently a product.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
At the moment, I am confident with the information I received even if some of it conflicts with some of your reports. I'll just have to wait and see.

I dont think our information is really in conflict. You are saying there is track replacement, I'm agreeing. The track replacement has been ongoing for years, but its bit by bit, and doesnt really change anything - it wont be noticable.

What I am trying to do is to let people know not to expect some great new track layout, onboard audio, and all kind of other goodies.

When we talk of new track, people immediately start thinking of new layout, ultra smooth etc. I'm told it's gonna feel the same, just like nobody has noticed the sections that were replaced prior to the closure for the refurb. The work done during the refurb has just been the same as before, but on an accelerated schedule.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
But it's what could, and should, have happened.

In your mind yes, but then you arent privy to all the details that go into these decisions. You therefore aren't remotely qualified to comment, other than to give your opinion. To say what could, and should have had happened is based on nothing but what you'd like. We cant all have what we'd like.

SirGoofy

In your mind yes, but then you arent privy to all the details that go into these decisions. You therefore aren't remotely qualified to comment, other than to give your opinion. To say what could, and should have had happened is based on nothing but what you'd like. We cant all have what we'd like.

Oh, I agree that saying what should have happened is my opinion.

What could have happened? No, I believe that's fact.:wave:

panther726

Oh, I agree that saying what should have happened is my opinion.

What could have happened? No, I believe that's fact.:wave:

SM could have a 0-60 launch, a corkscrew, and a loop. That's what could happen. But it won't. It's pointless arguing what could happen. Anything could happen.

SirGoofy

SM could have a 0-60 launch, a corkscrew, and a loop. That's what could happen. But it won't. It's pointless arguing what could happen. Anything could happen.

:lol:

I should have been more specific. I was told what the plans originally were. That's what I'm basing my "could have" statement off.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
:lol:

I should have been more specific. I was told what the plans originally were. That's what I'm basing my "could have" statement off.

Translated that means "I read some stuff online and decided to interpret that as being the "orignal plans', and now those scum bags at WDW arent implementing my 'chinese whispers' SM plans".

Seriously, reading the stuff that some of you post makes me want to close the News and Rumors board. It's full of the same people constantly dominating threads and talking rubbish.

Could we go a page without you or Epcot Explorer having something to say?

_Scar

Translated that means "I read some stuff online and decided to interpret that as being the "orignal plans', and now those scum bags at WDW arent implementing my 'chinese whispers' SM plans".

Seriously, reading the stuff that some of you post makes me want to close the News and Rumors board. It's full of the same people constantly dominating threads and talking rubbish.

Could we go a page without you or Epcot Explorer having something to say?

To be fair, this is News & Rumors section. Not all rumors are true.

:shrug: Goofy does work at MK or did work at MK. Maybe he knew? I'm curios. Was it Mission 2?

panther726

To be fair, this is News & Rumors section. Not all rumors are true.

:shrug: Goofy does work at MK or did work at MK. Maybe he knew? I'm curios. Was it Mission 2?

Yeah, you should be prepared coming into a rumors forum knowing most the stuff is garabage. It's fun to debate however!

Sir Goofy works with the mouse. Surely that should earn some credit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom