Juan's Multi-park update with important SM news!

PhotoDave219

Got out early so here's the two shots I took from BLT. I wasn't going for Space Mountain specifically so sorry they're not better. I was just taking a broad, park view from the 14th floor. So these are cropped to show the area of interest.

spacemountain-sept09a.jpg

spacemountain-sept09b.jpg

And like I said, you could see daylight inside from the TTA. It was clear part of the roof was open. Those are the only shots I have and I have no idea what it means or if it's even all that uncommon. We just kinda noticed it when taking a vista photo but didn't think much of it at the time.

It looks like an optical illusion to me.

preludevtec01

:ROFLOL:

That's not a opening, sadly....:(

It's something black on SM itself. We saw it earlier in the summer, and think it's a tarp, or something to help with the construction.:eek:

Sorry...

EDIT::: And, it looks like a black "tarp" or something of the same material is around the top loop, too.

He said you could see day light through the opening though.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That's not a opening, sadly....:(

It's something black on SM itself. We saw it earlier in the summer, and think it's a tarp, or something to help with the construction.:eek:

EDIT::: And, it looks like a black "tarp" or something of the same material is around the top loop, too.

yep that isn't an opening. Like you say, it's on the exterior itself and it's been there pretty much since the first weeks of the refurb closure.

_Scar

Whoever does Disneyland's marketing campaigns is a genius. Not that SM vid above for DLP, but their 50th, DCA original commercials, 2009 Halloween commercials, all the other Halloween commericials, ect. They're all classic.

Examples:

[youtube]S8kqevKMBeU[/youtube]
[youtube]2zEDwREX8X0&NR[/youtube]
[youtube]W3F70OIAMxc[/youtube]

nemofinder22

Whoever does Disneyland's marketing campaigns is a genius. Not that SM vid above for DLP, but their 50th, DCA original commercials, 2009 Halloween commercials, all the other Halloween commericials, ect. They're all classic.

Examples:

The newest HalloweenTime one is also genius!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSZjisOD2OM

but that HM is hard to beat

EPCOT Explorer

He said you could see day light through the opening though.
Trick of the light?

yep that isn't an opening. Like you say, it's on the exterior itself and it's been there pretty much since the first weeks of the refurb closure.
Thanks, Steve.:wave:

Examples:

You haven't seen Disney Marketing at it's best, until you watch a Tokyo Disneyland Resort promo...;)

There's a thread on that, actually- I just bumped it today.

(And a EPCOT Center Promo. ;) )

jt04

I believe they are cables. If you look in the "close up" shot you can barely see the cables running horizontally near the roofline.

What an amazing structure by the way!

nemofinder22

You haven't seen Disney Marketing at it's best, until you watch a Tokyo Disneyland Resort promo...;)

There's a thread on that, actually- I just bumped it today.

(And a EPCOT Center Promo. ;) )

TDR does such beautiful promos for TDL and TDS!!!! I need to go there soon!

So this must be Disney Marketing at its worst, but to be fair the video description says in room, so maybe only at the resorts, but still, really?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crLgFuDfvGc

Its DL's 2006 Halloween Time commercial shot during the 50th, originally playing the YOAMD theme song, it now plays "Celebrate You" and advertises MNSSHP/MK but using all DL images. Actually take that back Walt and his opening day speech with Cinderella Castle in back was the worst one!:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom