Juan's Multi-park update with important SM news!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Any idea why there would be a cover on the exterior like that for such an extended period of time?

I'm not so sure its a cover. From some close up pics I have seen it almost looks like some kind of tar/sealant. Not sure if there was a repair made to that section.

So really I'm not sure what it is, I just know it's been there for a long time now.

jonc25

I am new here as far as posting but if I may add a quick point. I was on the behind the scenes tour last October and saw the new rockets in the "workshop" on the tour and they looked great. So before you ask no there is no pictures.

EPCOT Explorer

I believe they are cables. If you look in the "close up" shot you can barely see the cables running horizontally near the roofline.

What an amazing structure by the way!
That's a theory...But it looks solid to me.:shrug:

Yep. SM is fantastic. :D

TDR does such beautiful promos for TDL and TDS!!!! I need to go there soon!

So this must be Disney Marketing at its worst, but to be fair the video description says in room, so maybe only at the resorts, but still, really?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crLgFuDfvGc

Its DL's 2006 Halloween Time commercial shot during the 50th, originally playing the YOAMD theme song, it now plays "Celebrate You" and advertises MNSSHP/MK but using all DL images. Actually take that back Walt and his opening day speech with Cinderella Castle in back was the worst one!:brick:
Yeah, I saw that....:dazzle: What were they thinking?!
I'm not so sure its a cover. From some close up pics I have seen it almost looks like some kind of tar/sealant. Not sure if there was a repair made to that section.

So really I'm not sure what it is, I just know it's been there for a long time now.
Even asphalt!

I'm thinking they will have to paint, right, Steve?:lookaroun

disneysroyal411

I started reading pg. 1-3 and then 12-14 and I was wondering if jaun did say anything bout what's goin on other then the what people were saying of a new track and new cars or something and could someone inform me if I missed anything. Thanks!

rsoxguy

I am new here as far as posting but if I may add a quick point. I was on the behind the scenes tour last October and saw the new rockets in the "workshop" on the tour and they looked great. So before you ask no there is no pictures.

Hmmm.... anyone else?

_Scar

Oh, and that MNSSHP commercial is HORRIBLE. It's Mickey's party, but there's absolutely NO SIGN of Mickey!

If kids ever saw this commercial they'd know nothing about it. Perhaps if they saw a familiar face like Mickey, villains, other fab 5, ect. they'd want to go. UGH. WDW, your commercials (looking through the youtubes) used to be pretty good and especially timeless.

jmicro59

Are you kidding? We are on a WDW fan site! Obviously people on here care as they are fans of Disney.

So we are here on a WDW fan site, and you want us to talk about....something else?

I want to talk about Disney, not if some clown is boasting to gain fans.
You want to alk Disney, then I'm all in. You want to bash people for posting something like what Juan did, go do that some place else.

_Scar

[youtube]PgWt9WuWrEM&NR[/youtube]

Fun, exciting, classic, and to the point.

This commercial makes me want to visit even though MGM is now DHS, there's an all new 4th park, Mickey's Starland is being demo'd, Body Wars is long gone, Star Tours is ugrading, and EO has been gone for about a decade. :( Aww, what classics.

jt04

Was there in August, and they look like they could be the welding cables mentioned earlier. They are some type of wires, not shadows or tarps.

Thank you. I agree. From that distance they would appear flat but you can clearly see the cables run under the gap of the buildings "crown" and extend further.

I agree they are welding cables. But the could also be for a massive lighting plan. If the cables were painted the same color as the building they would hardly be visible. So maybe they are permanent.

But I believe they are welding cables and electric cables for hoists etc.

The opening everyone sees from inside the mountain is one of the roof hatches which has to stay open because that is where the cables run or did at the time the pics were taken.

EPCOT Explorer

Thank you. I agree. From that distance they would appear flat but you can clearly see the cables run under the gap of the buildings "crown" and extend further.

I agree they are welding cables. But the could also be for a massive lighting plan. If the cables were painted the same color as the building they would hardly be visible. So maybe they are permanent.

But I believe they are welding cables and electric cables for hoists etc.

The opening everyone sees from inside the mountain is one of the roof hatches which has to stay open because that is where the cables run or did at the time the pics were taken.

Was there in August, and they look like they could be the welding cables mentioned earlier. They are some type of wires, not shadows or tarps.

So...This means that they would have to paint over them, right?

Hee hee.

:D

This also makes lighting a little bit closer, right?

Hee hee.

jt04

So...This means that they would have to paint over them, right?

Hee hee.

This also makes lighting a little bit closer, right?

I can only hope they are for lighting. Not likely, but possible. We need to dispatch someone to the top of the world to see if they are still there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Seriously though, thanks for the kind words. I don't accept PM's cause I just don't have time. Nothing personal towards anyone....
That has got to be the most egotistical thing I've heard coming out of your mouth. If a post isn't where everyone can read it to prove your worth then you can't be bothered.
I'm already multi-tasking as it is. I'm also posting to other sites and monitoring scottish talk radio on my short wave. :eek:

You have plenty of time to post a reply for everyone else to read, but have no time for a post to someone that only one person will read? :rolleyes:

Sure...many people multitask, that is really nothing special. But I now believe you are a self-serving multitask-er.

I've never spoken out against you JT, as I understood that these were your views and you had a right to them, but your stance against your fellow WDWMagicians has left me cold. God forbid that you ever need any compassion from anyone here as I feel you may have burned one too many bridges.

BTW you've got PM mail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom