Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

No Name

Oh how certain everyone was that Hyperion Wharf was a real thing and it wasn't just imagineering throwing out blue sky ideas that they never ever had any intention of actually building.
The reason it didn’t move forward is just because they couldn’t get enough tenants interested. They tried again with a bigger and more appealing plan four years later and that one worked.

Dunston

What’s the rumored budget on this splash pad?

Also, the logo looks like the ride is sponsored by Moana. Like Exxon at the bottom of the old Universe of Energy sign.

Rich Brownn

You're right, he was spinning in his grave when EPCOT Center opened. How dare they turn his city of tomorrow into a glorified world's fair. :rolleyes:
Disney's vision was impossible to implement. Disregarding the issue of voters, you can't experiment with people's live (as John Hench said) so it would have become just "E"

No Name

Right??? I know it’s a variation on the Moana logo, but why didn’t they put the new one in the entrance rock work??
They don’t want the big logo to be the thing that they came up with for the primary purpose of generating interest and selling merchandise to fans of old Epcot. They want the actual Moana logo on the rock because that’s from the movie Moana! To the folks in charge, Epcot just happened to have a vacant plot of land open that Moana filled.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here is a look at the Journey of Water Inspired by Moana marquee

Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_52868.jpg

Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_52867.jpg

James Alucobond

I don't know which park I'm at anymore, way to go Disney.
Were Liberty Square and the American Adventure previously confusing for you? Tomorrowland and Future World? Africa and African Outpost? Not saying they haven’t lost the plot with the overarching EPCOT narrative, but particular styles have never really been bound to specific parks. The pavilion, attraction, or land defines the style.

aladdin2007

Were Liberty Square and the American Adventure previously confusing for you? Tomorrowland and Future World? Africa and African Outpost? Not saying they haven’t lost the plot with the overarching EPCOT narrative, but particular styles have never really been bound to specific parks. The pavilion, attraction, or land defines the style.
sorry but you missed the point, I was expressing distaste that they are plopping anything and everything anywhere now, when this design/style/theme clearly belonged in AK.

Figments Friend

So….

I have been invited to check out this new area next week.
A friend of mine who currently works on Property extended a opportunity, knowing how much of a Epcot ‘purist’ I am.

Will keep ya’all in mind when having a look around and experiencing some of the features in person.
Interested to explore this and see what it entails.

-

James Alucobond

sorry but you missed the point, I was expressing distaste that they are plopping anything and everything anywhere now, when this design/style/theme clearly belonged in AK.
The theme honestly has very little to do with Animal Kingdom since it has nothing to do with animals. My point is that forest and nature are not the exclusive aesthetic purview of AK, and Disney has never had qualms about having incredibly similarly themed areas and attractions in different parks even on the same property. Many children probably blur together Liberty Square/Hall of Presidents and American Adventure, for instance.

The fact that they once envisioned a rainforest-themed coaster and a hedge maze in front of The Seas and The Land as part of Project Gemini means they've been considering transforming nearby areas in a similar way for quite a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom