Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Horizonsfan

I don't recall the other icons being prominent on their respective attractions themselves. Instead, they're used as a 4th Wall wayfinder.
Prior to the late 90s dissolution of the logos they absolutely were.

IMG_4510.jpeg
IMG_4511.gif
IMG_4512.jpeg

Even more recently there’s the WOM logo reintroduced all over the place with TT’s 2012 remodel.

It seems odd to make a big deal about bringing them back, and then not include them in the JOW signage like back in the day, whether the main sign or secondary pieces. It’s especially peculiar when you look at the park symbol incorporation at the new plaza and the odyssey symbol in that pavilion’s remodel. Once again it feels like the JOW team worked independently of the other Epcot overhaul teams.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

Exactly It should have been in DAK or still on the shelf. Definitely not in Epcot and especially that location

I thought their goal was to transform Epcot into MK2 but now it’s part DAK now too. Maybe the Great Movie Ride will come next
Ironically, that would actually fit better than the others. (The legendary Film pavilion finally lives!)

DonniePeverley

I think in the end my point is... the reasons, are the reasons, are the reasons. It's all much of a muchness to me. Who cares? Apart from how ugly Epcot has been, which IS an issue, how long something takes is such an annoying thing to constantly be brought up.

Maybe to learn lessons for the future?

In no way can one of your parks have so much of it closed off for nearly half a decade for utter nonsensity EVER AGAIN.

And for what? Rocks and trees.

IMDREW

It could've worked much better if they did not go the Polynesian route, but instead made the lampposts, signs and theming modern. It still could have featured Moana, TeFiti and the rocks and vegetation and all, but it would have fit the park much better and get less backlash I think.

Ayla

Speaking of nature, but has nothing to do with the price of tea in China, look in the evening sky 15 minutes after sunset for the Blue Moon!

On my birthday. 😊 The moon has been beautiful the last couple nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom