Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannab@dis

Scar Junior said:
"Why?" Why question someone's wishes. You're using logic to tell them their desires are wrong. Why? :confused: :confused:

Personally, I too would like to see a copy. "Why?" Well I'm glad you asked Wannabe. Because I love WDW's Mountains, it fits the theme of the land, it's proven successful, it's new, it's fun, it's not a passing fad, it's a thrill ride that's tame enough to experience with my aging parents and future nieces, nephews and (someday) children.
Never said it was wrong, but I was questioning the logic. That's a completely legit part of a discussion board. You gave your reasoning and it's valid, but since a similar mountain exists in an adjacent park, doesn't it make sense to go with another idea... still based on a mountain is great.

I think I'll bookmark this thread the next time people start complaining about clones. This is hilarious. :lol:

FYI... I'm still a huge fan of clones. I'm just questioning the logic of Matterhorn. :wave:

Scar Junior

wannab@dis said:
Never said it was wrong, but I was questioning the logic. That's a completely legit part of a discussion board. You gave your reasoning and it's valid, but since a similar mountain exists in an adjacent park, doesn't it make sense to go with another idea... still based on a mountain is great.

I think I'll bookmark this thread the next time people start complaining about clones. This is hilarious. :lol:

FYI... I'm still a huge fan of clones. I'm just questioning the logic of Matterhorn. :wave:

Gotcha... I'm just not thinking about this logically.

Would another mountain be better? Probably. Do I still like the idea of seeing that Swiss mountain peak/riding it during Wishes? Of course.

What mountain would you like to see instead?

wannab@dis

Scar Junior said:
Gotcha... I'm just not thinking about this logically.

Would another mountain be better? Probably. Do I still like the idea of seeing that Swiss mountain peak/riding it during Wishes? Of course.

Personally... I would LOVE to see something done with Narnia. There's plenty of Fantasy and storytelling to build a great attraction and a mountain could be entertwined. I'd also like to see it utilize multiple techniques... Dark Ride, projection technology and thrill segments. Think Dinasour on steroids. :D

Utilizing the cloned technology from Dinasour would help with costs and projection technology is cheaper than AAs... But it would be great to see some AAs in the dark ride segement mixed in with the projection. Think outside the box and be open minded for cloning previously developed technology.

Scar Junior

wannab@dis said:
Think outside the box and be open minded for cloning previously developed technology.

I think most everyone on these boards would agree with you on this one. Well... on second thought, who ever knows what Herk will think.

BTW, I also think your Narnia idea could be very successful if it were ever put into action. You should develop it a bit more... it would be interesting to read about.

wannab@dis

Scar Junior said:
I think most everyone on these boards would agree with you on this one. Well... on second thought, who ever knows what Herk will think.

BTW, I also think your Narnia idea could be very successful if it were ever put into action. You should develop it a bit more... it would be interesting to read about.
:lol: Thanks... but I'm not an imagineer and don't claim to be one. It's just something we talked about in another thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry I ever mentioned the Matterhorn now.... :lol:

Wannab - I`m thinking of your Dinosaur on steroids and like it! We agree on something! :D

CaptainMichael

Scar Junior said:
Something new! Let the Imagineers do what they did with Splash and Everest and you've got something special for a park that deserves only the best e-tickets. A mountain that is worthy of the valuable real estate it's on because it will be there for a loooooooooong time.

Lee

Adventurer
wannab@dis said:
Think outside the box and be open minded for cloning previously developed technology.

That's the way of the future.
Let someone else foot the huge R&D costs. Disney can take existing technology and theme it to suit their needs.

jedimaster1227

hammysammy59 said:
I agree with Wannab too. I'm all for getting another mountain, but why not get an ORIGINAL mountain, as opposed to a copy of an older one that's also redundant when you have such a similar deal at AK.

But what are rides like Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain if not rides that have been cloned or are in fact clones of the originals. These are all rides that are essential to the Disney park experience (even if you don't ride them). Redundancy may not be the case when the Imagineers bring rides like Soarin' over to Florida and (back when they were planning on making it their new franchise) Mission Space at Disneyland (and all of the other main Disney parks). Disney has no problem cloning rides and technology. They do it with their successful attractions all the time.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
But what are rides like Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain if not rides that have been cloned or are in fact clones of the originals. These are all rides that are essential to the Disney park experience (even if you don't ride them). Redundancy may not be the case when the Imagineers bring rides like Soarin' over to Florida and (back when they were planning on making it their new franchise) Mission Space at Disneyland. Disney has no problem cloning rides and technology. They do it with their successful attractions all the time.
Ok... are you not reading the posts? Nobody is questioning the idea of cloning a ride, but are questioning the validity of cloning a SIMILAR ride that is at DAK that is much better already.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Ok... are you not reading the posts? Nobody is questioning the idea of cloning a ride, but are questioning the validity of cloning a SIMILAR ride that is at DAK that is much better already.

But you have to realize that DAK and MK are two different parks. There is a difference between the Matterhorn and Everest. They are two different mountains based on two different famous mountains. In the first, you see the Abominable Snowman while in the second, you see the yeti. In the first, you ride through icy caverns most of the ride, while in Everest, you ride both inside and outside of the building throughout its entirety. Truthfully, I'm not so sure we should be calling them similar when their premise, their features and their settings are completely different.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
But you have to realize that DAK and MK are two different parks. There is a difference between the Matterhorn and Everest. They are two different mountains based on two different famous mountains. In the first, you see the Abominable Snowman while in the second, you see the yeti. In the first, you ride through icy caverns most of the ride, while in Everest, you ride both inside and outside of the building throughout its entirety. Truthfully, I'm not so sure we should be calling them similar when their premise, their features and their settings are completely different.

jedimaster1227 said:
True, the Matterhorn wouldn't make sense unless it was rethemed-which would be hard to do. EE basically is our Matterhorn. I comletely agree with you.

Which is it?

I'm done now... I think you're just going in circles.

ladybat2

ah oh!

These new changes in Journey sound really great but does this mean the ride will be closed when my trip is planned? I hope to be going feb 3 through the 10th in 2007. Gosh I hope not because it's going to be a long time before I get to go again and Journey is one of my favorite rides. My last visit to epcot was in 1993. I live in Sanfrancisco and I'm meeting my daughter and her husband and his mom there. In 1993 my daughter was 11 years old. And she just loved figment. She still loves figmant and she is going to be real disipointed if he is closed when we are there this time. But she did get to go there in 2004 for her honey moon.

My first Disney expierence was in 1960. My parents took me to Disney land. Then again in 65. Then I went to Disney world in 1974. Then again in 83 with my husband and 2 daughters. Then in 93 with my husband and youngest daughter. Then again just my husband and I went to the magic kingdom only in 96. Then we moved back to Ca. And I went to Disney land in 2000. Again. 2002. again in 2003 to see California adventure. Again in 2005 when my daughter and husband came to visit us from S.C. We took them to D.L and universial studios and holly wood.
Now its going to be daughter and her husband and their moms only in 2007.

I can't think of any thing but this trip. As always before a Disney trip I become totally obsessed and consumed with only thoughts of that. And dream at night only of that.

I plan every single detail of the trip and buy every guide book I can find.

I just found this web site.

Wow! what a gold mine. Back in past Disney times we never had computers to plan trips like this.

If only my parents were still alive. They would be amazed at how far we have come and WDW would totally blow their minds.
My husband is not as much of a Disney freak as I am. He is sending me on this next trip with all the trimmings. But he begged me when I asked him about going.

He said....

"God please. I beg you not to force me to go to another Disney theme park again. I cannot take it! But honey you go and have a wonderful time."

Sorry guys. He just does not get it like we do.

Ladybat

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Which is it?

I'm done now... I think you're just going in circles.

During the time between the two statements, I thought it over and I realized that my first statement wasn't really what I was thinking. Sorry to send you in my circles. :wave:

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Why? There's a similar, but much better attraction, over at DAK. Doesn't make sense to have two very closely themed attractions together in WDW.

Big Thunder Mountantain and expedition everest are extremly similar....should they close down big thunder? or never built expedition everest?

Matterhorn is a bobsled adventure down a mountain...the closest thing to that in Walt Disney World is Space Mountain which has an entirely different theme.

Pongo

Lewis Carroll said:
Big Thunder Mountantain and expedition everest are extremly similar....

I EXTREMELY disagree.

But then again, I don't understand why we're still talking about the Matterhorn and Everest in a thread about IMAG...

Legacy

wannab@dis said:
Personally... I would LOVE to see something done with Narnia. There's plenty of Fantasy and storytelling to build a great attraction and a mountain could be entertwined. I'd also like to see it utilize multiple techniques... Dark Ride, projection technology and thrill segments. Think Dinasour on steroids. :D

Utilizing the cloned technology from Dinasour would help with costs and projection technology is cheaper than AAs... But it would be great to see some AAs in the dark ride segement mixed in with the projection. Think outside the box and be open minded for cloning previously developed technology.
Sounds just like Revenge of the Mummy at Universal...

jedimaster1227

Pongo said:
wannab's idea utilizing the DINOSAUR ride technology. Not roller coaster technology :wave:

While it seems like a good idea, Wannab's idea goes against something that he stated before (not targeting you wannab, just saying). The only reason we haven't seen the Indiana Jones Adventure at MGM is because we already have Dinosaur (obviously using the Dinosaur technology-the same technology used in the Indiana Jones Adventure), so what is to say that a new attraction would be using this technology when Disney has refused to use it for so long (at the WDW Parks), just because of Dinosaur.

Brian_B

jedimaster1227 said:
While a retheme would be needed to make it fit, the ride would lose its charm. Just remember, "Dreams don't have to make sense...Everyone has the right to dream..."

I had a dream once about a castle that turned into a cake. Actually, come to think of it, it was more along the lines of a nightmare...:lookaroun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom