Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
There would be ways to justify it, but isn't more than a very very miniscule chance that it would ever happen.
Only an entire retheme would justify it... as a clone, it would make zero sense. *shrug*

CaptainMichael

There are a few things that I'd like to clone, the Matterhorn is not one of them...WDI can do so much better with a mountain nowadays.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Only an entire retheme would justify it... as a clone, it would make zero sense. *shrug*

As a clone Soarin' didn't make too much sense considering you fly over California, but we are in Florida and the Land is a general pavilion, not just Calfornia. The only other thing is that when watching the Circle of Life, they tell you that pollution is bad and show a picture of a big city- in Soarin' you see Los Angeles, one of the most polluted cities in the U.S. Two conflicting statements in one pavilion...

For this statement, I am also going to make an opposing arguement to my statement so I am on both ends of the arguement:

As a clone, Soarin' does make sense because it features a state that is filled with different land types and that ties into the pavilion.

There are a few things that I'd like to clone, the Matterhorn is not one of them...WDI can do so much better with a mountain nowadays.

No other mountain is better than the Matterhorn at night. Feeling like you are about to go flying off the side of the mountain while trying to take in the beautiful view of Mainstreet and Tomorrowland can't be beat.

Everest is my second favorite mountain, followed by Space Mountain, then Thunder Mountain and finally Splash Mountain (can't stand the laughing place)...

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
As a clone Soarin' didn't make too much sense considering you fly over California, but we are in Florida and the Land is a general pavilion, not just Calfornia. The only other thing is that when watching the Circle of Life, they tell you that pollution is bad and show a picture of a big city- in Soarin' you see Los Angeles, one of the most polluted cities in the U.S. Two conflicting statements in one pavilion...

For this statement, I am also going to make an opposing arguement to my statement so I am on both ends of the arguement:

As a clone, Soarin' does make sense because it features a state that is filled with different land types and that ties into the pavilion.

No other mountain is better than the Matterhorn at night. Feeling like you are about to go flying off the side of the mountain while trying to take in the beautiful view of Mainstreet and Tomorrowland can't be beat.

Everest is my second favorite mountain, followed by Space Mountain, then Thunder Mountain and finally Splash Mountain (can't stand the laughing place)...
I'm saying Matterhorn wouldn't make sense since EE is already in DAK. The two themes are similar enough that another theme would be needed. Cloning attractions makes total sense, but not when there's an already a similar attraction nearby. IF it was re-themed, then maybe it would work, but that basically defeats the purpose of a clone.

Soarin is another story and I welcomed the addition. The current film was a 'present' from DL as part of the 50th and is very enjoyable. I bet we'll see a new film added once the current one has been there for a short time.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
I'm saying Matterhorn wouldn't make sense since EE is already in DAK. The two themes are similar enough that another theme would be needed. Cloning attractions makes total sense, but not when there's an already a similar attraction nearby. IF it was re-themed, then maybe it would work, but that basically defeats the purpose of a clone.

Soarin is another story and I welcomed the addition. The current film was a 'present' from DL as part of the 50th and is very enjoyable. I bet we'll see a new film added once the current one has been there for a short time.

True, the Matterhorn wouldn't make sense unless it was rethemed-which would be hard to do. EE basically is our Matterhorn. I comletely agree with you.

For Soarin' I welcome it too. I love the attraction and it is my favorite new attraction for Epcot. I just think that the current film doesn't really tie in properly and that it has some conflicting messages inside of it when connecting to the same pavilion that features Circle of Life. I really don't think that a Soarin' around the World would make sense in the land. I could always go for a narrated tour of the world with different types of land accompanied by different smells and effects, but I don't think many people would find that interesting.

Epcot82Guy

Since the thread has sufficiently drifted... I actually think the Matterhorn wouldn't need much rethemeing at all. We just need an interaction with some different creatures instead of our hairy friend. It is set in the Alps, not the mountains of Tibet. I am not advocating Matterhorn as the next MK attraction since I do agree that the ride system offers nothing new to that park. But, it would fit in with the Fantasyland in WDW. Soarin' does fit in the way it was executed with the sole issue of the video. However, with the panels and the generic title, I would be shocked if a new film wasn't introduced fairly soon. I think Soarin' over the Land where you cross the major types of biomes would be the natural fit. Then you would have the production, preservation, and pure beauty of the Land presented in the pavilion's attractions.

Wow, we really are off topic! :hammer:

nelsonj3

jedimaster1227 said:
Actually, I heard that Alice is a pretty good attraction, and if it fit, it could probably do well.

Though, like Marni, I will continue to dream about a version of the Matterhorn at MK...

In my opinion, Alice in Wonderland is an excellent dark ride! It really is too bad that MK doesn't have as many great dark rides as DL. We just got back from DL, and my wife and I absolutely loved Pinocchio, Alice, and of course, Mr. Toad! (though not quite as much as the old WDW version)

Oh well... Back to Imagination! Any new info?

nelsonj3

wannab@dis said:

I completely agree about a Matterhorn clone not being necessary with EE in DAK. I love the Matterhorn, but EE really is the next generation based on the same basic concept. (notice I said "basic" concept).

jedimaster1227

nelsonj3 said:
In my opinion, Alice in Wonderland is an excellent dark ride! It really is too bad that MK doesn't have as many great dark rides as DL. We just got back from DL, and my wife and I absolutely loved Pinocchio, Alice, and of course, Mr. Toad! (though not quite as much as the old WDW version)

Oh well... Back to Imagination! Any new info?

Next Summer, when I go back to DL, I will make sure that I get to experience these attractions.

Nothing new on Imagination, but I am going back to Epcot tomorrow, so hopefully I will have more information then.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
True, the Matterhorn wouldn't make sense unless it was rethemed-which would be hard to do. EE basically is our Matterhorn. I comletely agree with you.
But if it was re-themed, it wouldn't be "matterhorn"... yet you've spent several posts talking about how you dream they bring "The Matterhorn" to the Magic Kingdom and how it would fit in the 20K area.

I'm confused as to what you actually are trying to say.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
But if it was re-themed, it wouldn't be "matterhorn"... yet you've spent several posts talking about how you dream they bring "The Matterhorn" to the Magic Kingdom and how it would fit in the 20K area.

I'm confused as to what you actually are trying to say.

While a retheme would be needed to make it fit, the ride would lose its charm. Just remember, "Dreams don't have to make sense...Everyone has the right to dream..."

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
While a retheme would be needed to make it fit, the ride would lose its charm. Just remember, "Dreams don't have to make sense...Everyone has the right to dream..."
Gotcha...

You're dreaming about them adding a re-themed matterhorn that has lost its charm to the Magic Kingdom.

If this is the type of dream that Dreamfinder brings, I seriously hope they boot him back to extinction. :lol:

juan

jedimaster1227 said:
I believe Juan was referring to the old Skyway at MK and the recent rumor that it would be brought back

I actually was alluding to the removal of the hat at MGM in 2007

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Gotcha...

You're dreaming about them adding a re-themed matterhorn that has lost its charm to the Magic Kingdom.

If this is the type of dream that Dreamfinder brings, I seriously hope they boot him back to extinction. :lol:

As funny as that is, you have it backwards. I dream of a complete copy of the Matterhorn at WDW just because it is such an awesome ride. A retheming would only make sense, and in this dream, it doesn't have to be rethemed to make sense- get it? :lookaroun

I actually was alluding to the removal of the hat at MGM in 2007

Didn't hear anything about that lately. I see the Epcot wand coming down before the Sorcerer's Hat does.

wannab@dis

DisneyFine said:
That would be such a delight to see the great matterhorn ride in WDW!
Why? There's a similar, but much better attraction, over at DAK. Doesn't make sense to have two very closely themed attractions together in WDW.

Scar Junior

wannab@dis said:
Why? There's a similar, but much better attraction, over at DAK. Doesn't make sense to have two very closely themed attractions together in WDW.

"Why?" Why question someone's wishes. You're using logic to tell them their desires are wrong. Why? :confused: :confused:

Personally, I too would like to see a copy. "Why?" Well I'm glad you asked Wannabe. Because I love WDW's Mountains, it fits the theme of the land, it's proven successful, it's new, it's fun, it's not a passing fad, it's a thrill ride that's tame enough to experience with my aging parents and future nieces, nephews and (someday) children.

hammysammy59

Scar Junior said:
"Why?" Why question someone's wishes. You're using logic to tell them their desires are wrong. Why? :confused: :confused:

Personally, I too would like to see a copy. "Why?" Well I'm glad you asked Wannabe. Because I love WDW's Mountains, it fits the theme of the land, it's proven successful, it's new, it's fun, it's not a passing fad, it's a thrill ride that's tame enough to experience with my aging parents and future nieces, nephews and (someday) children.

I agree with Wannab too. I'm all for getting another mountain, but why not get an ORIGINAL mountain, as opposed to a copy of an older one that's also redundant when you have such a similar deal at AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom