Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimaster1227

Brian_B said:
I had a dream once about a castle that turned into a cake. Actually, come to think of it, it was more along the lines of a nightmare...:lookaroun

My latest nightmare was that the joke about Epcot's 25th would come true:

SSE would be painted pink and icing would be added to its top and the wand would become a candle.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
While it seems like a good idea, Wannab's idea goes against something that he stated before (not targeting you wannab, just saying). The only reason we haven't seen the Indiana Jones Adventure at MGM is because we already have Dinosaur (obviously using the Dinosaur technology-the same technology used in the Indiana Jones Adventure), so what is to say that a new attraction would be using this technology when Disney has refused to use it for so long (at the WDW Parks), just because of Dinosaur.
What are you talking about? What am I saying about the Dinosaur technology that's going against something else I've said? :veryconfu

I really think you are just trying to cause problems. :wave:

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
What are you talking about? What am I saying about the Dinosaur technology that's going against something else I've said? :veryconfu

I really think you are just trying to cause problems. :wave:

I am in no way trying to cause problems, and I hope that my last response wasn't taken that way; I was talking about your idea referring to the usage of Dinosaur technology (I'm presuming you are talking about the same technology used in IJA at Disneyland). Disney has held off on installing our own version of IJA because they didn't want to use the same system in more than one park (as long as you don't count Test Track :lookaroun). Your statement inquires about the possiblity of usage of that technology, but Disney has yet to allow themselves to use the same technology again in the WDW parks...

I hope this doesn't come off as causing trouble...because I don't see how it could...:lookaroun

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
I am in no way trying to cause problems, and I hope that my last response wasn't taken that way; I was talking about your idea referring to the usage of Dinosaur technology (I'm presuming you are talking about the same technology used in IJA at Disneyland). Disney has held off on installing our own version of IJA because they didn't want to use the same system in more than one park (as long as you don't count Test Track :lookaroun). Your statement inquires about the possiblity of usage of that technology, but Disney has yet to allow themselves to use the same technology again in the WDW parks...

I hope this doesn't come off as causing trouble...because I don't see how it could...:lookaroun
:veryconfu Then why did you post...
jedimaster1227 said:
While it seems like a good idea, Wannab's idea goes against something that he stated before

As far as using the same EMV technology, I don't believe I've ever read or heard anywhere that Disney is against using it again at WDW. Just haven't up to this point. Maybe the reason IJA hasn't been installed at WDW is because of the stunt show at the Studios.

jedimaster1227

:veryconfu Then why did you post...

Isn't that what a forum is for? :veryconfu I posted my response, would you like me to just lay the subject to rest, because if you do, I can.

As far as using the same EMV technology, I don't believe I've ever read or heard anywhere that Disney is against using it again at WDW. Just haven't up to this point. Maybe the reason IJA hasn't been installed at WDW is because of the stunt show at the Studios.

They have been very careful about duplicating technologies in parks to make sure unique experiences are a plenty and comparisons are a few. IJA hasn't been installed because its current ride system is the same exact system as Disnosaur-so says my friend at R&D.

Scar Junior

Jedimaster makes a good point though... by your reasoning (regarding EE and Matterhorn), Dinosaur is enough to void a similar tech ride... I just think it's a good comparison.

MickeyTigg

jedimaster1227 said:
They have been very careful about duplicating technologies in parks to make sure unique experiences are a plenty and comparisons are a few. IJA hasn't been installed because its current ride system is the same exact system as Disnosaur-so says my friend at R&D.

Yeah...real careful....

Hub/Spoke....Dumbo, Aladdin, Triceratop Spin

Simulatror - Body Wars, Star Tours

Water Track - Pirates, Small World, Maelstrom, El Rio del Tiempo

:lookaroun

CaptainMichael

Scar Junior said:
Jedimaster makes a good point though... by your reasoning (regarding EE and Matterhorn), Dinosaur is enough to void a similar tech ride... I just think it's a good comparison.
That is not what Wannab is saying....I'm sure we all agree that the same ride techs are used throughout WDW.

He's just saying that EE and Matterhorn are too close thematically.

I just think that Matterhorn is old and not worth cloning...

EMV's, like omnimovers and boat rides, can be used for many things.

jedimaster1227

TiggerRPh said:
Yeah...real careful....

Hub/Spoke....Dumbo, Aladdin, Triceratop Spin

Simulatror - Body Wars, Star Tours

Water Track - Pirates, Small World, Maelstrom, El Rio del Tiempo

:lookaroun

Specifically referring to the IJA/Dinosaur technology, was what I meant. Sorry about that, I should have specified.

Dumbo is a classic hub/spoke ride while Aladdin is an update version with water effects and more interactivity

Simulators- Built at completely different times, Paid for by Lucas, enough said about that...

Water Track- Walt's tradition, newer management doesn't use those methods-and the Maelstrom is a different style of the water track.

I just think that Matterhorn is old and not worth cloning...

Not as close as everyone thinks.
The Matterhorn is a classic Disneyland attraction. Space Mountain is also a classic DL/WDW attraction (first at WDW, then DL) that has been cloned many times. The same goes for Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Should they have not been cloned either?

juan

back on topic --

there is something new backstage at Epcot that may be alluding to a change at imagination

any CM's see it?

jedimaster1227

juan said:
back on topic --

there is something new backstage at Epcot that may be alluding to a change at imagination

any CM's see it?

You are referring to what? I was there today and I didn't see anything at all. But then again, I wouldn't know if I was looking at anything of importance.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
Isn't that what a forum is for? :veryconfu I posted my response, would you like me to just lay the subject to rest, because if you do, I can.

No... you may not use the forum for accusing me of making a contridictory statements and then acting like it was nothing. If you want me to put this behind us, you will apologize for the following mis-statement.

jedimaster1227 said:
While it seems like a good idea, Wannab's idea goes against something that he stated before

(edit... fixed quote settings [ ])

wannab@dis

Scar Junior said:
Sorry... not at all.

STR8FAN2005 said:
That is not what Wannab is saying....

Ding Ding... we have a winner. Has nothing to do with the ride technology.

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:

I think that they could easily put a new story with a Matterhorn-type attraction if they wanted to build one. I completely agree with you though about a direct clone. From what I've seen of the Matterhorn online, it certainly doesn't need to come here as is.

CaptainMichael

wannab@dis said:
Oooh, oooh, what do I get? A trip on the WoL bulldozer? How about putting up the the first Pixarland sign in Tomorrowland?:p

dxwwf3 said:
From what I've seen of the Matterhorn online, it certainly doesn't need to come here as is.
Exactly!

wannab@dis

STR8FAN2005 said:
Oooh, oooh, what do I get? A trip on the WoL bulldozer? How about putting up the the first Pixarland sign in Tomorrowland?:p

Exactly!
How about being the VIP that gets to use this at WoL? :D

detonator.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom