Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Adventurer
Just FYI...
Got an email today from a very well placed person.
Nothing greenlit at Imagination...as of now. That could change, but not until Kodak writes a check.

jedimaster1227

Lee said:
Just FYI...
Nothing greenlit at Imagination...as of now. That could change, but not until Kodak writes a check.

That is funny to hear the conflicting arguement. My sources (well placed as well) have said that Kodak is preparing the pavilion to reopen brand new for Epcot's 25th. Kodak isn't the only one that pays for the pavilion. Disney pays for much of the R&D that goes on with the park, while Kodak pays the bills to sustain and operate the pavilion. Kodak does play a role in changing the pavilion, but not as big as you would all think.

I recently spoke to the representative of the Kodak/Imagination Pavilion sponsorship and she told me that while Kodak is the sponsor, they leave most executive decisions to Disney itself. I quote her, "We just pay the bills...The rest we leave to the Imagineers and the rest of Disney."

Lee

Adventurer
jedimaster1227 said:
I recently spoke to the representative of the Kodak/Imagination Pavilion sponsorship and she told me that while Kodak is the sponsor, they leave most executive decisions to Disney itself. I quote her, "We just pay the bills..."

Yep...it is interesting.
My guy says that nothing is greenlit, that the work upstairs is unrelated, and that without Kodak paying for a refurb...it ain't gonna happen.
I also just picked up that Tony B. (who I usually find to be very candid) denies that anything is up.

We'll see. So far, I haven't found anyone at WDI that will say it's going to happen. Not one person, and that is VERY unusual if a project is really in the pipeline.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
That is funny to hear the conflicting arguement. My sources (well placed as well) have said that Kodak is preparing the pavilion to reopen brand new for Epcot's 25th. Kodak isn't the only one that pays for the pavilion. Disney pays for much of the R&D that goes on with the park, while Kodak pays the bills to sustain and operate the pavilion. Kodak does play a role in changing the pavilion, but not as big as you would all think.

I recently spoke to the representative of the Kodak/Imagination Pavilion sponsorship and she told me that while Kodak is the sponsor, they leave most executive decisions to Disney itself. I quote her, "We just pay the bills...The rest we leave to the Imagineers and the rest of Disney."
Right... we're supposed to believe that you have "sources" at Disney AND Kodak. I think you're trying to hard again and you need to back down a little before you look pretty bad around here.

Let's see... recent statements.
1. Imag major changes -- nothing yet
2. Major Epcot 25th changes -- nothing yet, not even other sources
3. Monorail expansion to western way -- only you, nobody else
4. 5th gate planned and you supposedly have info -- yeah, right

You need to go back to just hyping your little website. Trying to come off as a major source of info is making you look bad. :wave:

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Right... we're supposed to believe that you have "sources" at Disney AND Kodak. I think you're trying to hard again and you need to back down a little before you look pretty bad around here.

You need to go back to just hyping your little website. Trying to come off as a major source of info is making you look bad. :wave:

Once again, you target things I have said in the past. The only two things that I believe will happen and my sources have told me (I do have sources-thanks to being related to an Orlando reporter and living in Orlando my entire life) are Imagination and Epcot's 25th. I said that the monorail expansion to western way was possible and that I have seen the hypothetical site that IF the 5th gate was to be built, where it would be. That doesn't mean that they will happen. Did Disney's America or WestCot every happen? No, but they were planned for certain locations. There IS a plan that IF they decided to build a 5th gate, it would be built on said site. I wasn't saying that it was going to happen for sure (or anytime soon) but once again, nothing is ever for sure with Disney (except the fact that you will always try to drown someone else's arguement on this Disney forum-and probably others :lol:).

I am not trying to come off as a major source, nor as someone high up in the chain of Disney (as someone once asked me if I was a monitor on this forum for Disney :lol:). I am providing the information that I have been provided. Others do the same on this site everyday (like Mousermerf, Grizz-used to, Lee, Corrus). If that is a crime, then I guess we are all guilty here but you...

"I know, clap him in irons, right?" Jack Sparrow

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
Once again, you target things I have said in the past. The only two things that I believe will happen and my sources have told me (I do have sources-thanks to being related to an Orlando reporter and living in Orlando my entire life) are Imagination and Epcot's 25th. I said that the monorail expansion to western way was possible and that I have seen the hypothetical site that IF the 5th gate was to be built, where it would be. That doesn't mean that they will happen. Did Disney's America or WestCot every happen? No, but they were planned for certain locations. There IS a plan that IF they decided to build a 5th gate, it would be built on said site. I wasn't saying that it was going to happen for sure (or anytime soon) but once again, nothing is ever for sure with Disney (except the fact that you will always try to drown someone else's arguement on this Disney forum-and probably others :lol:).

I am not trying to come off as a major source, nor as someone high up in the chain of Disney (as someone once asked me if I was a monitor on this forum for Disney :lol:). I am providing the information that I have been provided. Others do the same on this site everyday (like Mousermerf, Grizz-used to, Lee, Corrus). If that is a crime, then I guess we are all guilty here but you...

"I know, clap him in irons, right?" Jack Sparrow
Don't compare yourself to others and most around here don't try to come off as if they have inside sources. I can go point out your posts where you made the "I've got more info but I can't tell you details" crap about the monorail expansion and 5th gate. Don't back off now. :rolleyes:

I can post the junk I've heard from CM's, bus drivers and monorail pilots over the years, but there's no substance. I've heard the monorail stuff, 5th gate stuff, new water park, Pop being done by 2006, new DVC resort, villains land, etc. But it's bunk. You're trying to pass bunk off to make yourself look good. Grizz was wrong more than he was right, Merf posts mostly about events and current updates... Lee and Corrus are proven.

You, my friend have batted a big fat ZERO. :wave:

And, no, this is the only forum I care to visit simply because of the good information. Showing your lack of information will hopefully keep the site better than any others for a long time.

Lee

Adventurer
wannab@dis said:
"I've got more info but I can't tell you details"

That's the only beef I ever have with anyone.
If you have some information, and aren't under an NDA....tell it. I do. The only stuff I hold back is stuff that could be traced back to an individual and get them into trouble.
Otherwise...tell what you know.

Buford

Lee said:
Yep...it is interesting.
My guy says that nothing is greenlit, that the work upstairs is unrelated, and that without Kodak paying for a refurb...it ain't gonna happen.
I also just picked up that Tony B. (who I usually find to be very candid) denies that anything is up.

We'll see. So far, I haven't found anyone at WDI that will say it's going to happen. Not one person, and that is VERY unusual if a project is really in the pipeline.
I've heard the same, especially about Tony. doubt that there is much happening for the 25th....... would it be a FL WDI project?

jedimaster1227

Lee said:
That's the only beef I ever have with anyone.
If you have some information, and aren't under an NDA....tell it. I do. The only stuff I hold back is stuff that could be traced back to an individual and get them into trouble.
Otherwise...tell what you know.

That is why I haven't said more than what I can, certain things could be traced back to individuals that have provided me with information. I don't provide information that comes from CMs, bus drivers or people like that. My information comes from the people that moniter the projects (i.e. Construction, R&D, Marketing and Management, Sponsership Representatives). I don't risk their jobs for anyone else's good because I wouldn't want it to happen to me (and won't when I start working for Disney myself).

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Lee said:
Just FYI...

But you also said that you heard that Monsters Inc was NOT going to replace Timekeeper (about four months ago) and that all projects were on hold and that timekeeper could sit empty for a very long time. Im not calling you a liar or anything like that. I know how hard it is to get reliable info. Im just saying that your source may be uninformed like with the monsters inc. thing.

nelsonj3

wannab@dis said:

Wow! Why so hostile? Chill out! This is a News and RUMORS forum. None of this information is confirmed. It won't be actually confirmed until if or when Disney actually announces it. If Jedimaster really does have sources and good info, then I appreciate him posting it. If he's just making it up... time will tell. However, I'm not going to outright "call him out" until we know for sure.

He is certainly not hurting anyone by sharing this information.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
nelsonj3 said:
Wow! Why so hostile? Chill out! This is a News and RUMORS forum. None of this information is confirmed. It won't be actually confirmed until if or when Disney actually announces it. If Jedimaster really does have sources and good info, then I appreciate him posting it. If he's just making it up... time will tell. However, I'm not going to outright "call him out" until we know for sure.

He is certainly not hurting anyone by sharing this information.

yup...at least hes contributing something to the discussion. UNLIKE you "wannab@dis"

maggiegrace1

Lewis Carroll said:
yup...at least hes contributing something to the discussion. UNLIKE you "wannab@dis"

Oh Please..

If you look back At Todd's (wannab@dis) posts you will see that he usually knows what he is talking about.

He contributes quite alot to this site.:wave:

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
Oh, right, and you're one to talk... Of course, you just start out your time on this board with nothing but inflammatory posts. He was a little more acceptable with all the spamming of the board with links to his dreamfinder site.

We'll just see how things go. I'm betting he'll be changing his tune and coming up with excuses here soon of why things aren't happening. I just don't get why he's trying so hard to be the Jim Hill of the boards with passing off unsubstantiated information as his own and trying to have self-importance.

WDWMagic is known for having good information... not "sharing" information with no credibility and telling everyone the new ticket and transportation center will be built on Western Way as if it will happen soon. My posts are not to be taken as hostile, just as a warning not to get all worked up before announcements.

jedimaster1227

maggiegrace1 said:
He contributes quite alot to this site.:wave:

Including much hostility and anger... :lookaroun

Oh, right, and you're one to talk... Of course, you just start out your time on this board with nothing but inflammatory posts. He was a little more acceptable with all the spamming of the board with links to his dreamfinder site.

We'll just see how things go. I'm betting he'll be changing his tune and coming up with excuses here soon of why things aren't happening. I just don't get why he's trying so hard to be the Jim Hill of the boards with passing off unsubstantiated information as his own and trying to have self-importance.

WDWMagic is known for having good information... not "sharing" information with no credibility and telling everyone the new ticket and transportation center will be built on Western Way as if it will happen soon. My posts are not to be taken as hostile, just as a warning not to get all worked up before announcements.

I am in no way trying to be Jim Hill of the boards (Considering how nobody on this forum seems to like him anyway, why would I try to be him?). Once again, my comments on Western Way were HYPOTHETICAL. They refer to IF, not WHEN. You seem to be missing that aspect of my statements lately. I said that IF Western Way was used like the Disney plan I was shown states, then a new TTC connecting to the HYPOTHETICALLY surrounding resorts and attractions would be part of the HYPOTHETICAL development of the land. Just because the land has several things planned for it, it doesn't mean that any of it will happen.

I reiterate when saying, "Nothing is ever definite with Disney."

Refer back to DisneyQuest Philadelphia, DisneyQuest Anaheim, Disney's America, WestCot, any of the countries that were planned to go into the World Showcase at Epcot but didn't end up being put in. All of these examples show that Disney has announced things and even documented them in concept art, photos, models and more, but somehow and someway they didn't end up happening. Once more, "Nothing is ever definite with Disney."

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
Including much hostility and anger... :lookaroun

I am in no way trying to be Jim Hill of the boards (Considering how nobody on this forum seems to like him anyway, why would I try to be him?). Once again, my comments on Western Way were HYPOTHETICAL. They refer to IF, not WHEN. You seem to be missing that aspect of my statements lately. I said that IF Western Way was used like the Disney plan I was shown states, then a new TTC connecting to the HYPOTHETICALLY surrounding resorts and attractions would be part of the HYPOTHETICAL development of the land. Just because the land has several things planned for it, it doesn't mean that any of it will happen.

I reiterate when saying, "Nothing is ever definite with Disney."

Refer back to DisneyQuest Philadelphia, DisneyQuest Anaheim, Disney's America, WestCot, any of the countries that were planned to go into the World Showcase at Epcot but didn't end up being put in. All of these examples show that Disney has announced things and even documented them in concept art, photos, models and more, but somehow and someway they didn't end up happening. Once more, "Nothing is ever definite with Disney."
You have much to learn when you think someone not agreeing with you is 'hostility and anger'. I can give you hostility if you want. You're not worth anger.

You've alluded MANY times to things as if you KNOW it will happen and you've got people's hopes up. It's a shame you get your jollies from that. :rolleyes:

comics101

Wannabe and Jedi, please take no offense to this post, but do you enjoy arguing with eachother? You both are going to wind up getting in trouble some time b/c you can't keep your mouth shut and just pretend one of you are not posting. It's REDICULUS!(sp?) This is the second Imagination Refurb post where you two argue like mad! Both of you Grow Up! Ignore eachother even if you know he's wrong!

wannab@dis

comics101 said:
Wannabe and Jedi, please take no offense to this post, but do you enjoy arguing with eachother? You both are going to wind up getting in trouble some time b/c you can't keep your mouth shut and just pretend one of you are not posting. It's REDICULUS!(sp?) This is the second Imagination Refurb post where you two argue like mad! Both of you Grow Up! Ignore eachother even if you know he's wrong!
My posts have been completely above the line. If you (or someone else) don't like them, follow your own advice and ignore them.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom