Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimaster1227

Tahu said:
First time I've seen Figment compared to Poochie(which is a bit of an insult, Poochie's much more obnoxious). Grizz used to compare JIIWF Figment to Bugs Bunny or Kuzco.

I compare Figment to Stitch more than anything...

Oh, I miss Grizz... :cry:

kcnole

I too was so disapointed when I rode Journey for the first time in years this year. That's not Figment in there. Figment was a playful little energetic and inquisitive child who you just loved. Figment now is a brat and I can't stand him. I want the original back so bad.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
kcnole said:
I too was so disapointed when I rode Journey for the first time in years this year. That's not Figment in there. Figment was a playful little energetic and inquisitive child who you just loved. Figment now is a brat and I can't stand him. I want the original back so bad.

I would take the original back. but I want to see something NEW and ORIGINAL with Dreamfinder and Figment and little nods and homages to the original attraciton. I want to see new technologies in the ride, new amazing show scenes, new memorable quotes, etc. etc.

Senderella

If they actually greenlit this anytime in the next few months, I'd plan my next trip around it so I could be there for the new ride.

jedimaster1227

Senderella said:
If they actually greenlit this anytime in the next few months, I'd plan my next trip around it so I could be there for the new ride.

I plan on visiting Epcot sometime next week to see if I can confirm the reports of work happening in ImageWorks. We will just have to see. :animwink:

FigmentJedi

Can't wait to see what you dig up. Might have to wait until later next week to see your findings considering my trip next week to Michigan for a Boy Scout event.

nelsonj3

Lewis Carroll said:
I would take the original back. but I want to see something NEW and ORIGINAL with Dreamfinder and Figment and little nods and homages to the original attraciton. I want to see new technologies in the ride, new amazing show scenes, new memorable quotes, etc. etc.

Yes on all counts!!! I really do hope they bring back the "Real" Figment. I really think the original Figment was more like the proverbial "spirit of curiousity" that lives in all of us. (At least that's what I got out of it.)

The new Figment is, as someone stated above, kind of like an annoying child that someone needs to discipline.

FigmentJedi

No, Figment just doesn't want to live under Channing's rules, making him a rebellious teen, though not in the self destructive way.

DisneyRoxMySox

mousermerf said:
I do admit everything is a stretch.. but about 2 years ago we all swore we'd never see the seacabs again.

Great point. Something is going to happen. I personaly believe it will be something big! Time will tell. :D

jedimaster1227

mousermerf said:
I do admit everything is a stretch.. but about 2 years ago we all swore we'd never see the seacabs again.

Actually, I found out about the SeaCabs being redone two and a half years ago. It was still planned to be themed to Nemo, but the cabs were to be golden fish that you would sit on the back of.

But anyways, as stretched as some of the things reported may seem, the rehab of Imagination is the beginning of a brand new Epcot. When you finally find out the details about Epcot's 25th (which unfortunately, I'm not allowed to reveal), you will be amazed at how different the park will be.

DisneyRoxMySox

jedimaster1227 said:
Actually, I found out about the SeaCabs being redone two and a half years ago. It was still planned to be themed to Nemo, but the cabs were to be golden fish that you would sit on the back of.

Show off. :lol:

Well..that's all I wanted to say. :D

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
jedimaster1227 said:

But anyways, as stretched as some of the things reported may seem, the rehab of Imagination is the beginning of a brand new Epcot. When you finally find out the details about Epcot's 25th (which unfortunately, I'm not allowed to reveal), you will be amazed at how different the park will be.

yea but just like tehy scraped the idea of riding on nemo's back disney will probably scrap most of those cool plans for epcot... :(

sora78

Its so weird hearing that the Imagination Pavillion could possibly be brought back to its former glory when last month at MGM I sat in with a lunch with an imagineer and I was told by the Imagineer that there were absolutely no plans to change the attraction especially when she said that Kodak was completely happy with the present state of the ride. Im excited to what could really happen to this attraction, Long Live Dreamfinder.

FigmentJedi

Pfft... Do you think they'd really tell you about a renissance for Epcot starting with Imagination. That or the rumors really don't hold that much water in them...
Time will tell...

Figments Friend

Indeed...

..but i'm excited anyway!

It's good to know at least that the higher-ups are aware of the fact that the current Imagination Pavillion is in need of a serious re-do.

That acknowlegment alone is enough to get me excited. :slurp:

jedimaster1227

Figments Friend said:
Indeed...

..but i'm excited anyway!

It's good to know at least that the higher-ups are aware of the fact that the current Imagination Pavillion is in need of a serious re-do.

That acknowlegment alone is enough to get me excited. :slurp:

It is true that Disney acknowledges the Imagination pavilion as a failed attempt to changed and later fix the pavilion. They have never had so many complaints from a large audience based on one pavilion or (more specifically) one ride.

Overall, Tony Baxter and John Lasseter are working to be able to run the Imagination project and if that does well, then they will be able to continue work on the rest of Epcot.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
It is true that Disney acknowledges the Imagination pavilion as a failed attempt to changed and later fix the pavilion. They have never had so many complaints from a large audience based on one pavilion or (more specifically) one ride.
I highly doubt this is true at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom