Jon & Kate Plus 8

wdwmomof3

I have to tell you that I have gone from feeling sorry for Jon and hating Kate, to somewhat understanding Kate and hating Jon. It's weird, but maybe the reason she nags him so much is because she has to treat him like a child and tell him everything that needs to be done because he wont do anything on his own. Now I know that she way over does it at times, and I don't agree with her, but Jon is a push over and has let her get away with it for years.

Now to the hating Jon. What the heck happened to him? He shows up with two diamond earrings, excited about starting his new life, he has been cheating on Kate. He bought a new sports car without telling her. He is wanting OUT of everything. He made the statement that he may be offered a new job so who knows where he will be. He want's away from all of the responsibility of the kids and a wife to go party. That's surely what it looks like to me anyway. I have lost it for him.

All of this money and attention has gone to Kate's head though. She is like watching a different person now, and she is hard to relate to. It's like she wants to be a movie star or something. I really do hope that they cancel the show. It's to sad to watch now. Those poor kids.

bobjl527

I have to tell you that I have gone from feeling sorry for Jon and hating Kate, to somewhat understanding Kate and hating Jon. It's weird, but maybe the reason she nags him so much is because she has to treat him like a child and tell him everything that needs to be done because he wont do anything on his own. Now I know that she way over does it at times, and I don't agree with her, but Jon is a push over and has let her get away with it for years.

Now to the hating Jon. What the heck happened to him? He shows up with two diamond earrings, excited about starting his new life, he has been cheating on Kate. He bought a new sports car without telling her. He is wanting OUT of everything. He made the statement that he may be offered a new job so who knows where he will be. He want's away from all of the responsibility of the kids and a wife to go party. That's surely what it looks like to me anyway. I have lost it for him.

All of this money and attention has gone to Kate's head though. She is like watching a different person now, and she is hard to relate to. It's like she wants to be a movie star or something. I really do hope that they cancel the show. It's to sad to watch now. Those poor kids.

I have a great dislike for them both. Hate is a pretty tough word to use. I feel that Jon has missed out on his early twenties and is trying to recapture his youth. An early mid-life crisis if you ask me. Also, I don't care how childish one is, no one deserves the treatment that Kate has given him over the years. He cheated on her yes, but trust me Kate is no saint either. Her handsome bodyguard going to all her appearances while Jon is home with the kids. It would be so easy. From what I have seen of her on the show, I am pretty positive she got it on with the guy.
Bottom line is that they both took advantage of their children.

MouseMadness

Very much so... I hope they were able to pay cash for everything, because I don't see anybody watching their show anymore, goodbye ratings, goodbye show, goodbye money. :shrug: I don't let my kids watch it anymore (it used to be their favorite, and it used to be a fun, family show)

The last episode we watched was a 5th birthday party for the sextuplets, it was ridiculous. The paparazzi were staked out all over taking pictures, and while Kate was telling everybody to ignore them and yadda yadda, she really didn't seem to mind the attention so much. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Very much so... I hope they were able to pay cash for everything, because I don't see anybody watching their show anymore, goodbye ratings, goodbye show, goodbye money. :shrug: I don't let my kids watch it anymore (it used to be their favorite, and it used to be a fun, family show)

The last episode we watched was a 5th birthday party for the sextuplets, it was ridiculous. The paparazzi were staked out all over taking pictures, and while Kate was telling everybody to ignore them and yadda yadda, she really didn't seem to mind the attention so much. :lol:

This was the one and only episode I ever watched. Horrible.

I completely agree...she not only didn't "mind" the attention...but it seemed like she thoroughly enjoyed it without actually posing for the pictures.

MouseMadness

Right... if you watch the original specials on the family, OMG what a difference. Now I am not saying I wish poverty and exhaustion on anybody :lol: :lookaroun but it seems back in those simpler times when they were working to make ends meet there was a lot more mutual respect and a "need" for each other that is now obviously gone.

/end armchair psychology :lol: :lookaroun

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Never getting into it in the first place would've been even better.
Though I do see their reasoning for wanting to live with a bit of a cushion and help set their kids up as best they could, I really wish they'd kept it more 'documentary' style like it was when the show began. Keep it about the kids with the parents narrating ABOUT the kids. It's hard to not be intrigued about the lives of the parents in these large family situations, but it crossed a line into freak show a season or two ago.

WDWFREAK53

Though I do see their reasoning for wanting to live with a bit of a cushion and help set their kids up as best they could, I really wish they'd kept it more 'documentary' style like it was when the show began. Keep it about the kids with the parents narrating ABOUT the kids. It's hard to not be intrigued about the lives of the parents in these large family situations, but it crossed a line into freak show a season or two ago.

TLC is the "freak" channel. (By Freak I mean "different from the norm" not in a negative connotation...just look at my screen name ;) ).

From the Tree-Man, to the "I have 800 kids," to the "little people," to the "tall people," oh yeah...and the "I weigh 7,000lbs" people. What is "Learning" about that channel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom