Jim Hill strikes again PART II-Night Kingdom?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't post often but have to comment on someone saying that only people over 21 should be allowed to work here if it is built. Its not just the under 21 crowd who are rude.

Second Hippos are very dangerous! You would not want to go near one.
Some would...
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

I don't think Santa Claus will mind, do you?
He won't have to use our dirty chimney flue
Just bring him through the front door,
that's the easy thing to do

I can see me now on Christmas morning,
creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise
when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there

No crocodiles, no rhinoceroses
I only like hippopotamuses
And hippopotamuses like me too

(Short Music Interlude)

Mom says the hippo would eat me up, but then
Teacher says a hippo is a vegeterian

(Short Music Interlude)

There's lots of room for him in our two-car garage
I'd feed him there and wash him there and give him his massage

I can see me now on Christmas morning,
creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise
when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there

No crocodiles or rhinoceroseses
I only like hippopotamuseses
And hippopotamuses like me too!

:shrug:

carolina_yankee

Some would...

Perhaps this is the kind of hippo attraction Disney has in mind. :animwink:

[youtube]G3NueKXS6dk[/youtube]

So, wouldn't this whole concept pretty much be just a plussing of the Animal Kingdom with perhaps a second gate and some type of crowd control separating the unwashed daytime masses from the spendthrift evening folks?

Dirk

bjlc57

please notice the absence of ...

Lee or Corrus have not destroyed this rumor.

Not at all, which leads me to believe that there is more truth and substance then we have had from this person in the past.

Even Mr. Merf, who also seems to have some inside information, has not destroyed this thread.

therefore I believe this rumor to be very very plausible. and all likely, one to come true.

if this is the case. Maybe Disney has decided to have two distinct Disney World's. One for the Haves. and one for the Havenot's .

and if that's the case. they can count me out.

Enderikari

if this is the case. Maybe Disney has decided to have two distinct Disney World's. One for the Haves. and one for the Havenot's.

I do so hope that there is a day when you realize exactly how silly this statement is....

Until that day, I will just smile and nod...

:zipit:

DisneyAnole

if this is the case. Maybe Disney has decided to have two distinct Disney World's. One for the Haves. and one for the Havenot's .

and if that's the case. they can count me out.

There already is. It's called the Grand Floridian versus the All-Stars, also known as Victoria and Albert's versus the food court.

coasterphil

I do so hope that there is a day when you realize exactly how silly this statement is....

Until that day, I will just smile and nod...

:zipit:

Are you implying that there are some people who can't even scrape together the money for a $4,000 weeklong stay in the Value resorts? :eek:

:lol:WDW is for the "haves" and always will be unless Disney decides they no longer enjoy profit and run the resort as a charity.

dandaman

I *might* pay $300 if I could ride in a boat, lets say.... somewhat like ... where have I seen this.... uh the Jungle Cruise (you know where I am going):fork:

and shoot at the hippos..... (with a cap gun)

:hammer:

Ditto to that, but dibs on its incorporation into IASW. :lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
one thing I dont think was mentioned here is that Disney, like Discovery Cove, could offer other park admissions as part of the deal, or other perks for the rest of the parks as part of the package.

JimboJones123

Wow, the "insiders" all seem to be kinda quiet on this.

A few things.

Will drinks be included like at the dinner shows? Will they include only 2 drinks? Will they include unlimited drinks if you use Disney Transportation?

I haven't read the entire article, but I'm sure it will be kid admission for the same price as adults. Thus it will skew to an older crowd I'm sure. If skewing to an adult crowd, I wouldn't expect anything too "trilling" as an attraction.

For those thinking that people won't pay. Ever heard of the Princess Tea Party at the GF? Sold Out. Months in advance. It isn't cheap either. And it only lasts 1.5 hours. This is a whole 8 hr experience.

Remember, there are guests that spend $400 a night for a room. Thousands of them. Remember, there a guests that spend $800 a night for a room. Scores of them.
Remember, there are even guests that spend $1200+ a night for a room.

These rooms are sold out every night.

This isn't a park for me. But for the person that buys the Deluxe Dining plan for their family of 6 on a concierge room where the dad plays 6 days of golf at $60 a day (I really have no clue if it's $20 for golf or $100 for golf, so I split) on their trip. Enough of them to fill what -- 3 -- 4 golf courses??? Guests are GUSHING to spend money. Now they can.

Dskipper

think of this

so im not reading this whole thing but i did 7 pages and never saw this. think about this, mt.e cost over 100mil. alone. soc went over 100mil. heck potc rehab went over 40 mil. just for a rehab, you really think they can get live animals, clear land, build all new buildings, and oh wait 60% of the 520 is going to plants, um no unless this park is going to be smaller then my townhouse then this is bs. they might do an add onto to ak but a new park for any were in the millions, um no.

dcartwr

One thing that made sense to me when I read this is the fact that they would do this for corporate events. I have been to Disney on several corporate trips before with 500+ people, and this would allow for a completely separate experience that they could do year round any time they wanted. Today, the only way to bring the full Disney experience is during the off season when a park closes early. Beyond that, it does just sound like the old Disney Institute on steroids or a way to do the Disney Adventure vacations on site. As someone who has the money for something like this, it didn't sound like something that I would be spending my money on. I'm looking for an interactive experience tailored to my families interests.

Rammstein

Unlike a few members, I like this idea. It's a Disney alternative that could make an interesting adventure out of something that could be once in a life time in the wild, but the price is rediculously steep. What if you should get bitten or your hang is ripped off? Yeah, $300 to get your hand ripped off is a fair price :lookaroun.

Captain Chaos

Unlike a few members, I like this idea. It's a Disney alternative that could make an interesting adventure out of something that could be once in a life time in the wild, but the price is rediculously steep. What if you should get bitten or your hang is ripped off? Yeah, $300 to get your hand ripped off is a fair price :lookaroun.

Well, if your hand gets ripped off, you can get a mechanical hand, like Luke Skywalker... Oh, and you will get your $300.00 back, plus millions and millions more....

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Wow, the "insiders" all seem to be kinda quiet on this.

A few things.

Will drinks be included like at the dinner shows? Will they include only 2 drinks? Will they include unlimited drinks if you use Disney Transportation?

I haven't read the entire article, but I'm sure it will be kid admission for the same price as adults. Thus it will skew to an older crowd I'm sure. If skewing to an adult crowd, I wouldn't expect anything too "trilling" as an attraction.

For those thinking that people won't pay. Ever heard of the Princess Tea Party at the GF? Sold Out. Months in advance. It isn't cheap either. And it only lasts 1.5 hours. This is a whole 8 hr experience.

Remember, there are guests that spend $400 a night for a room. Thousands of them. Remember, there a guests that spend $800 a night for a room. Scores of them.
Remember, there are even guests that spend $1200+ a night for a room.

These rooms are sold out every night.

This isn't a park for me. But for the person that buys the Deluxe Dining plan for their family of 6 on a concierge room where the dad plays 6 days of golf at $60 a day (I really have no clue if it's $20 for golf or $100 for golf, so I split) on their trip. Enough of them to fill what -- 3 -- 4 golf courses??? Guests are GUSHING to spend money. Now they can.

Exactly
Too many here seem to forget those people exist....lots of them!
Just as I had earlier linked to the Adventures by Disney, and the various tours already very popular at $50 - $200.

bfbulldog

A bigger Disney fan you will not find. But, this has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. I personally would NEVER pay that kind of coin for the experience being described which sounds painfully dull and boring. I also strongly agree with those who think the money they'll be wasting on this could be far better used in plussing some attractions or installing some new ones. (how about a real 20,000 leagues replacement!!)

In the end, Disney will have to decide just how discriminatory they want their park guests to feel. They already have several plus (meaning you get to pay more to experience) events in place. 1) EMH for resort guests only 2) Inevitable implementation of the new tiered fastpass rules which proritize passes based on how much you spend to stay on property 3)Finally this so called unique adventure.

They best be careful, because there is a tipping point where people will just decide to vacation elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom