Jim Hill strikes again PART II-Night Kingdom?

netenyahoo

I like the other itdeas with Star Wars and Pirate capture the flag much better than the animal adventures. I would not go this park just based on the things in Jim's article, but if I could do those things and the ideas tossed around here I would be saving my money. Disney should focus more on the things it does well and do more of the fantasy route than real life animal stuff. They could really make people's dreams come true and be a part of the fantasies Dsiney and others (Lucas) has created.

dandaman

And -- yes -- the Mouse is actually going to build this $520 million project. Current plans call for this niche park to officially throw open its doors in October of 2011...

...Just in time for 90% of the Internet-goers to fuhgeddaboudit. :D

nibblesandbits

This is one of those ideas that does not appeal to me. I have no desire to pay an extra $300 to feed a hippo, see bats, or go rock climbing. The broadway show sounds appealing and maybe the dinner, but to me, that's not worth $300 per person.

However, that being said...I must practice what I preach. Disney does not build everything to appeal to every single person. And I do not want to be one of those people who (sounds like witch) when Disney builds something that does not appeal to me. Therefore, since what I gather about Discovery Cove (which I'll admit, I definitely don't know anything about really) and apparently how popular it is...I'm sure if Disney put their spin on it...it could be a huge hit. Especially if they ended up tying it into AK in some way.

But...on to the Adv. Club part of the article. Myself, I would be upset if I couldn't go to the Adv. Club again, except by paying $300 to go to this 5th gate. I am really new on the Adv. Club bandwagon and I would hate it if I couldn't visit it for a reasonable price. Matter of fact, I'm taking a weekend trip to Florida next week and the only things I'm really doing on Disney property is visiting the MK and going to DTD and PI to see the Adv. Club. That's my whole trip. And I'm very excited about getting to do it. Now, if there were still a way to visit the Adv. Club by paying a fee still and not being forced to go to the Night Kingdom...then I'd be fine. I would have no problem with this development, what so ever, even though it definitely is not my cup of tea.

coasterphil

I'm not entirely convinced that Disney can automatically do a better job with their high-end park than Busch has done with Discovery Cove just because they are Disney.

the-reason14

Sounds dumb and like a waste of money to me. I know I wouldnt be lining up to go there. Only advantage I see for them is that it wont screw up the attendance at the other theme parks, but it still sounds stupid and like a waste to me.

DisneyAnole

How many people on this board would shell out $250-300 dollars for this?

If I want adventure, I'll go to South Florida.

How is Disney going to staff this park? 4000 CMs? They're scraping the bottom of the Central Florida barrel, as it is. God, if they have to hire 4000 new CMs, they might have to raise the starting wage over $8/hr!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If I want adventure, I'll go to South Florida.

How is Disney going to staff this park? 4000 CMs? They're scraping the bottom of the Central Florida barrel, as it is. God, if they have to hire 4000 new CMs, they might have to raise the starting wage over $8/hr!

Of course they won't be...they'll be using existing AK staff who can work longer hours (CM's work insane hours often at Disney)

aeillill

I don't think I'd like to feed a Hippo, I was under the impression that they were quite aggressive animals, who are much more dangerous then they look. I would personally like to keep myself as far away from them as possible.
I hope if this does come to pass that whatever else they add is much more interesting because I don't think I'd be willing to shell out 250 - 300 dollars for any of the things listed here. Oh and I'd be really sad if they moved the Adventurer's Club, I just finally go to go there this last October and I can't wait to go again this year when I go to Disney again. I think it would be just awful if the only way you can get to the club is to shell out all that money. I would definatley never visit Pleasure Island again.

LordHelmut

I've reconsidered....

I *might* pay $300 if I could ride in a boat, lets say.... somewhat like ... where have I seen this.... uh the Jungle Cruise (you know where I am going):fork:

and shoot at the hippos..... (with a cap gun)

:hammer:

Peterwhite171

If this indeed is going to be built onto the Animal Kingdom site (and the land that is already cleared on google earth) it makes sense since all the animal facitiels already exist. It would also make sense since AK usually closes at 5 but are they not trying to extend the AK hours with this Rivers of Light night time show?

There are allot of questions. I just hope this new park is not the whole 40th celebration stuff Disney is going to bring to the world. Can we please have a 5th gate that can be enjoyed by all or perhaps just sort out the parks we have.

Laura

Premium Member
This is one of those ideas that does not appeal to me. I have no desire to pay an extra $300 to feed a hippo, see bats, or go rock climbing. The broadway show sounds appealing and maybe the dinner, but to me, that's not worth $300 per person.

However, that being said...I must practice what I preach. Disney does not build everything to appeal to every single person. And I do not want to be one of those people who (sounds like witch) when Disney builds something that does not appeal to me. Therefore, since what I gather about Discovery Cove (which I'll admit, I definitely don't know anything about really) and apparently how popular it is...I'm sure if Disney put their spin on it...it could be a huge hit. Especially if they ended up tying it into AK in some way.

Thanks. You saved me the work of typing this up myself.

Walking through a cave of bats sounds like something someone would have to pay ME to do, not vice versa! EWWWW.

This park sounds like a real money maker though. I don't know that I'd be visiting unless they offer some nice discounts.

Texas84

I can confirm that it will indeed open in 2011. I can also confirm that it will then be converted to a DVC in 2014. :D

DisneyAnole

Of course they won't be...they'll be using existing AK staff who can work longer hours (CM's work insane hours often at Disney)

Well that may be true if this park is connected to DAK. But for $300, I expect the CMs to be a whole lot better than the average CM that Disney's currently employing.

DisneySaint

This is the stupidest, most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It was good for a real LOL.

Jim Hill is grabbing at strings now. :lol:

Lexxweb

Well that may be true if this park is connected to DAK. But for $300, I expect the CMs to be a whole lot better than the average CM that Disney's currently employing.

It's funny you say that. Right after I read the article I immediately thought that because this park seems to be so focused on guest service that perhaps they would have an age limit of 21 and older in order to work there. On top of that, maybe you would need at least a year of working for Disney in some shape way or form.
No clue what they would do, but I'm sure they wouldn't start employing people off the street like they do for their other parks. This way Disney can ensure they have top notch employees.
We'll see in due time, if this rumor is true, that is.

:cool: Lexxweb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom