Original Poster

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

DisneyGigi

I don't understand.

If this was to cover up some skin, what about Tarzan? Is he the same? Is it only the female characters being "updated"?

Does anyone actually know the reason for the change?
Agreed, on Tarzan and also Ariel costumes? They were wearing the clothing they were dressed in, in the movies. Are people really like that? That it is a problem? Geesh, sad world we live in. I did not recognize that it was supposed to be Jasmine if the Genie had not been with her, and I thought it was a guest dressing up, in a costume, posing with him. It looks awful. :-/ Great for a Mnsshp guest costume. Awful for a Disney character costume.

mouse_luv

I don't understand.

If this was to cover up some skin, what about Tarzan? Is he the same? Is it only the female characters being "updated"?

Does anyone actually know the reason for the change?

Agreed, on Tarzan and also Ariel costumes? They were wearing the clothing they were dressed in, in the movies. Are people really like that? That it is a problem? Geesh, sad world we live in. I did not recognize that it was supposed to be Jasmine if the Genie had not been with her, and I thought it was a guest dressing up, in a costume, posing with him. It looks awful. :-/ Great for a Mnsshp guest costume. Awful for a Disney character costume.

@mousehockey37 made these points already pages back.

mousehockey37

This is the first time I've actually been upset by a character decision.

So women have to cover up, but Tarzan is fine.

Because, ya know, if men act like idiots let's remove the temptation by changing a woman, not addressing the actual problem.

Ridiculous.

So what is the actual problem? What's your fix for it?

castevious

The reason to cover up skin for Jasmine is not because there is skin showing but for culture reasons. Which is why Ariel and Tarzan are safe. Although, you do not very often see Ariel in mermaid form except for shows and parades which would mean there would be no need to change anything. Usually, the Ariels get to decide if they want to wear the nude coverings or not (at least this was the case in the past and I'm assuming it still is at times). Most of the time the girls make the decision based off of weather and temperatures. In Disneyland, they have the nude tops with the shells for Soundsational but there are also decorations and glitter on the outfit as well.

candy_pencils

Original Poster
For modesty- People need to get over it. They need to fix themselves, not Jasmine's costume.

For safety- Eject anyone from the park who acts inappropriately. From all parks, immediate deactivation of their tickets.
One of the safety reasons was that friends of Jasmine's not eating well since they had a image to maintain

mouse_luv

The reason to cover up skin for Jasmine is not because there is skin showing but for culture reasons. Which is why Ariel and Tarzan are safe. Although, you do not very often see Ariel in mermaid form except for shows and parades which would mean there would be no need to change anything. Usually, the Ariels get to decide if they want to wear the nude coverings or not (at least this was the case in the past and I'm assuming it still is at times). Most of the time the girls make the decision based off of weather and temperatures. In Disneyland, they have the nude tops with the shells for Soundsational but there are also decorations and glitter on the outfit as well.
Not completely right. Ariel in mermaid form can be met at Ariels Grotto in the MK daily.

mousehockey37

Ariel at her ride in the MK meets in mermaid form.

mousehockey37

For modesty- People need to get over it. They need to fix themselves, not Jasmine's costume.

For safety- Eject anyone from the park who acts inappropriately. From all parks, immediate deactivation of their tickets.

"People need to fix themselves." That extends far beyond Disney. That's a societal problem created by celebs, social media and TV.

"Eject anyone who acts inappropriately." Well, let's see the rules on that. Followed by the enforcement, followed by the lawsuits... Good luck with that one.

castevious

"People need to fix themselves." That extends far beyond Disney. That's a societal problem created by celebs, social media and TV.

"Eject anyone who acts inappropriately." Well, let's see the rules on that. Followed by the enforcement, followed by the lawsuits... Good luck with that one.
I've heard Disneyland stopped having Esmeralda walk around the park on a regular basis due to the lack of respect and offers should would get from guys. I also believe, there is a similar reason to why Jack Sparrow stopped walking around the parks. I don't, these are things I have heard from people that work in entertainment and are "friends" with some of the characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom