Jasmine's new look

mousehockey37

Agreed. Most, if not all, of the Jasmines didnt have a problem with the current outfit.

Now I do have an interesting question. Your friends that are involved with this, are the face characters part of a performer's union? I know for the musician's that they have to be. If the face characters are, wouldn't something like this change have to be bargained for per a contract? I'm just curious and if you can't answer that for whatever reason, I understand in advance.

castevious

Now I do have an interesting question. Your friends that are involved with this, are the face characters part of a performer's union? I know for the musician's that they have to be. If the face characters are, wouldn't something like this change have to be bargained for per a contract? I'm just curious and if you can't answer that for whatever reason, I understand in advance.
Do you mean AGVA? But no, no union unless you are a part of a show that is an AGVA show. I am from California, so an example would be being a part of Mickey and the Magical Map for Disneyland.

mousehockey37

Do you mean AGVA? But no, no union unless you are a part of a show that is an AGVA show. I am from California, so an example would be being a part of Mickey and the Magical Map for Disneyland.

I'm talking Florida. There was an article done a few years ago about what it takes to be a musician at WDW and the person brought up the local musicians union. This is why when you are there the Main St. Philharmonic only performs 5 days a week at certain times and locations, it's all part of the CBA.

mouse_luv

Costuming CMs claim it had nothing to do with complaints and that Disney wanted the costumes to be more culturally correct.... This is the same company that put Frozen in Norway. I don't actually have an issue with that, just using it as an example.

Agreed, since the story that Aladdin is actually historically from is set in the area of China.

castevious

I'm talking Florida. There was an article done a few years ago about what it takes to be a musician at WDW and the person brought up the local musicians union. This is why when you are there the Main St. Philharmonic only performs 5 days a week at certain times and locations, it's all part of the CBA.
The Dapper Dans here are. Basically anyone that sings is. A face character that does meet and greets are not. I can't speak for Florida, since my connections are with Disneyland.

mousehockey37

The Dapper Dans here are. Basically anyone that sings is. A face character that does meet and greets are not. I can't speak for Florida, since my connections are with Disneyland.

But it's something to note though that the performers are NOT the ones with the issue. We'll never get the whole truth, but I'm willing to bet there was some lawsuit somewhere in all this. I used to teach in a district where had a family move into the area and they had their daughter trained to spot anything that could be culturally offensive, so something like this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

GiveMeTheMusic

Characters at WDW are in a union, but not an entertainment union like AGVA or Equity.

Donaldfan1934

Why is it that every time I look on these boards I see that Disney has or is rumored to have made yet another boneheaded decision. Since this decision seems to have been made for reasons such as perv prevention and/or giving in to the PC/SJW culture I so very much despise, they could've easily resolved said issues by fully converting to this version of her outfit.
As far as the permanency of her new outfit goes, I can't see it lasting long due to the fact that it looks like its already having recognizability issues. Say what you will about Pochahontas and Mulan being off model now, at least they stay within the general parameters of their designs.

brb1006

Things are starting to get a bit serious.
hqdefault.jpg

candy_pencils

Original Poster
I heard that the outfit is only for parties right now, and that she'll convert to the new one after the halloween season. I also just found out another reason they redesigned the costume was because friends of Jasmine weren't eating well and got sick often since they had a image to maintain

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom