Jasmine's new look

LongLiveTheKing

I have mixed feelings since I like the outfit when its moving

skip @2:33

Granted, I have zero issue with the outfit itself, but the problem with it is that the only reason I know that's Jasmine is because of this thread. If this thread wasn't here and I had seen that video I would be guessing who that was. Little girls who have seen the children Jasmine costumes in stores will know who that is but it's going to take a little while for people to realize it's her, which is a problem.

LongLiveTheKing

They could at least give her this look.
988079_1333163236176_full.png
I was actually going to bring up this outfit as a possibility although even if it's an official outfit she wears, it also comes with the problem of it not immedietely being associared aith Jasmine. She's in that outfit for ten minutes at most, and it's just plain brown robes anyway, which are boring at best and ugly at worst. It's not quite as recognizable as Belle's quick staunch in her iconic yellow dress which also only had at most ten minutes of screentime.

Disney4family

Then I stand corrected, unless it depends on Ariel's "friend" at the time. We have seen it covered. Actually, when my kids were watching YouTube clips of Paint the Night (to see what the hub-bub was about), we also saw it there. Whatever. This place is an extension of my fantasy-world. When I'm at WDW, everyone is nice to each other. I don't have pictures. I don't want to look for pictures. You get the gold -star sticker.

I'm honestly just so thankful that my daughter was able to meet the Jasmine she knew and loved from the movie when her eyes were filled with magic as a 3 year old. I wouldn't trade that smile of awe and excitement for any supposed-if-it-were-real-(which-it-isn't)-outfit. To us, that will always be Jasmine.

GiveMeTheMusic

Then I stand corrected, unless it depends on Ariel's "friend" at the time. We have seen it covered. Actually, when my kids were watching YouTube clips of Paint the Night (to see what the hub-bub was about), we also saw it there. Whatever. This place is an extension of my fantasy-world. When I'm at WDW, everyone is nice to each other. I don't have pictures. I don't want to look for pictures. You get the gold -star sticker.

I'm honestly just so thankful that my daughter was able to meet the Jasmine she knew and loved from the movie when her eyes were filled with magic as a 3 year old. I wouldn't trade that smile of awe and excitement for any supposed-if-it-were-real-(which-it-isn't)-outfit. To us, that will always be Jasmine.

If I'm not mistaken, Ariel wears nude fabric in all parades at DLR.

I was watching a video of the Disneyland Soundsational Parade and Ariel wears the nude fabric there.
Why change Jasmine when they should be changing Elsa's horrid wig :eek:

I don't like the dress. I feel like they could have just put a nude colored fabric in the midriff area. This new one wouldn't be THAT bad if they didn't have the sheer fabric on the neck area.

mm52200

Disneyland has their mermaid Ariel wear a nude skin cover, Walt Disney World doesn't except for maybe the rare occasion when it's too cold out.

candy_pencils

Original Poster
Oh my...I'm hoping it's true that Aladdin will only wear this outfit in Epcot...It would be so disheartening to never see the "street rat" again, on top of the Jasmine disappointment...:(
I'm hearing that Aladdins look is only going to be at Epcot and Jasmine's is going to be parkwide

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom