It's official...

mightyduck

Original Poster
The duck is officially off the market. My sweetheart gave me an engagement ring today for my birthday (to be fair, it wasn't a surprise!).

:cool:

I'm so happy! :)

Tramp

All the best, my dear.

:sohappy: WOOHOO :sohappy:

:sohappy: Congrats Duckie!:sohappy:

...Is it bigger than the Cracker Jack ring I sent ya?:kiss:

:sohappy: Couldn't be happier for you, sweetie!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
yay!

Congrats mighty... I am very happy for you....so when is the big day?

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Debbie

Congratulations! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Now I have this song in my head:
Going to the Chapel
and I'm
Gonna get married

The Mom

Premium Member
Oh Geez...as if she weren't "bridey" enough last weekend!! :hammer: Seriously, even though it wasn't a "surprise", I'm sure it was still thrilling to make it official. My love to both of you...that Noah is a handsome devil! ;)

(BTW....I'm still on the lookout for that dress! I saw the perfect one....but it was from Vogue... circa 1950!)

mightyduck

Original Poster
Thank you for such warm wishes!

No, it wasn't a surprise....I suspected he was holding out for my birthday (although he waited until after 10:30 p.m. to give it to me--he was loving torturing me about it!

It's a simple solitaire--six prong platinum Tiffany setting with 2/3 carat diamond and an 18k yellow gold shank--just what I wanted. :)

And Marcia, I know I'm *bridey*! LOL! And thanks for keeping your eyes peeled for the gown--I was looking for that retro style, I guess! LOL!

And we're looking to get married next July. :)

ps Wedding planning is not fun--it's making me crazy!

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by Debbie
Congratulations! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Now I have this song in my head:
Going to the Chapel
and I'm
Gonna get married

LOL! I was thinking of you all last weekend as I read Ya-Ya! :)

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by Erika
PS Don't let the planning drive you crazy! This is supposed to be FUN!

LOL! I've never been one to dream about a wedding since I never thought I'd do it.... Even as a little girl, I pretended lots of things--being a bride was never one of them. I'm not "fussy" or "girly"--which makes this more difficult. I figured out what the dress I want looks like, and now I can't find one that looks like that! LOL! I hate the bridal industry and am looking to have a special day without looking like a meringue! (that means a tulle or chiffon ballroom skirt is out.... ;) )

tiggerlover1971

one word of advice dont stress go with the flow to be honest I didnt take my own advice and I almost called off the wedding 3 times because things werent turning out how I imagined them (always wanted to get married at disney and my dad was paying so he said no so I made it a mickey and minnie themed wedding ) none of the brides maids or grooms men would do what I thought would be fun wearing mouse ears and brides maids in red dresses with a red and white poka dotted shawl so it turned into purple and black and white and just little things I was so nervous on the morning that we got married that I was grumpy before the ceramony and yelling at everyone and just not enjoying it so my advice just have lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom