IT'S OFFICIAL - December Meet 12/4-12/5

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
After careful consideration, we have decided to forget about the Haunted Mansion. It's way too expensive. Kevinpage,wannabebelle and myself have come up with a nice alternative that will hopefully help to kick everyones Holiday Season off to a good start and will leave lasting memories for everyone in attendance.

Please don't forget to let wannabebelle know if you will be attending or if you already told her and you hear of any other forum members that are going in Dec. PLEASE spread the word. A link back to this thread will work. We want to get the word out to as many members as possible.

I will have the info on what we will be doing on the 4th up shortly.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Hollywood Hideaway & the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights

A cozy location for private parties, the Hollywood Hideaway is one of Disney’s best kept secrets. Enjoy a delicious dinner from a holiday menu that only Disney can provide while meeting your fellow WDWMagic members amongst the festive Holiday décor.

Take a break from the festivities to enjoy the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights and when you return you can enjoy delicious desserts.
(I do believe that we have a viewing of Fantasmic with this also. I am double checking on it.)
We wanted to do something different and special for the Holidays for this Meet.

The price for this event is $60 per person

There are some extras that can be added to make the event even better. The price would have to be split amongst all party attendees(pricing below)

Entertainment
Mickey and Minnie in Holiday attire (30 mins.) $1,450
Santa and Mrs. Claus $1,200
Santa $825
Dickens Carolers $910
Harp/Guitar Christmas duo $1,050
Pianist $1,400
Disc Jockey $1,500

Holiday décor
Donald Duck Snow Sculpture $410
Mickey Mouse Snow Sculpture $410
Snow People $320 each

The menu is to follow. We would like to have as many of you join us as possible. Please do not forget to contact wannabebelle with your Dec. trip information.

Pam
:xmas:

wannabeBelle

The following is a list of the items available for the Special Event Dinner to be held at the Hollywood Hideaway in the MGM Studios. These items are to be served buffet style and will include:
Tossed Green Salad with Assorted Dressings
Fruit Salad
Oven Roasted Turkey with Giblet Gravy
Walnut Dressing ( Stuffing for those of us who didnt know, like me!)
Cranberry Orange Relish
Baked Ham with Run and Raisin Sauce
Boursin & Chive Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetable
Christmas Cookies
Christmas Pastries
Winter Fruit Cobbler with Ice Cream
Coffee/ Decaff Coffee
Selections of Teas
Warm Apple Cider with Cinnamon
Please contact myself or Pam if you have any questions, We need to get this item booked as soon as possible as they arent holding the space for us. Thanks!!! Belle

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Ilko is saddened that the goats are not welcome and has decided to pursue a life of seclusion in the West Virginia Mountains.

That having been said, I'm in. Where do I send my money to?

wannabeBelle

All of the payments should be directed to Kingdom Konsultant and sent to the following addressif you are mailing a check or money order:
Kingdom Konsultant
P.O.Box 691
Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Credit cards are also accepted. Call Pam at 1-866-566-7858
I believe dinner will be starting at 6 pm. Belle

disneytati

wannabeBelle said:
Tati, I am with you and I Am not Brazilian at all!!!!!!! Im sure the goats are all very nice but can we get back to the business of the Meet?? Please PM or E mail me if you are thinking about attending. If there are any decisions to be made for this Meet only the people who have expressed an interest in attending will be notified!!! Let your voice be heard!!!! Notice I said Heard not Herd!!!!! Belle

I am dying to go!!!! The fact is that I can only know if I am going much closer to the event... I have to save money, find a cheap ticket, try to get a place to stay (this is not very dificult, some friends live in Orlando...), and what if my aunt doesn't go (I can't drive...), etc... I can only be sure in November!!! Do you think it would still be possible to take part in the dinner? Oh, man, I really, really hope I can go... It would be perfect!!!!! Disney+Christmas+WDWmagic friends...

PS: I am not as much Brazilian as I thought! I understood the pun! (heard/herd) :lol:

disneytati

wannabeBelle said:
The following is a list of the items available for the Special Event Dinner to be held at the Hollywood Hideaway in the MGM Studios. These items are to be served buffet style and will include:
Tossed Green Salad with Assorted Dressings
Fruit Salad
Oven Roasted Turkey with Giblet Gravy
Walnut Dressing ( Stuffing for those of us who didnt know, like me!)
Cranberry Orange Relish
Baked Ham with Run and Raisin Sauce
Boursin & Chive Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetable
Christmas Cookies
Christmas Pastries
Winter Fruit Cobbler with Ice Cream
Coffee/ Decaff Coffee
Selections of Teas
Warm Apple Cider with Cinnamon
Please contact myself or Pam if you have any questions, We need to get this item booked as soon as possible as they arent holding the space for us. Thanks!!! Belle

Foreigner's questions... :eek: Sorry, I am too lazy to check my dictionary today... What are: Giblet? Relish? Boursin? Chive? Cobbler? :confused:

wannabeBelle

disneytati said:
Foreigner's questions... :eek: Sorry, I am too lazy to check my dictionary today... What are: Giblet? Relish? Boursin? Chive? Cobbler? :confused:
S'aright Ill take a stab at the ones that I can clearly explain. If anyone who is more conversant with the particular item comes along please post as well!!!
Giblet: Not really sure if we want to get into what parts of the turkey this is, but my understanding is that it is certain parts of the inside of the turkkey, mixed with the drippings from the turkey as it was cooking and made into a brown gravy for use on the turkey meat.
Relish: This is regular cranberry sauce ( I hope so anyhow) relish is a form of a condiment such as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc.
Boursin is a type of cheese that will be whipped into the mashed potatoes
Chives are a form of spice, they are green and usually chopped up very fine and added to food for flavoring. Think along the lines of Parsley, like that.
Cobbler is a form of an apple pie. It is tough to explain actually!!! Several people here couldnt figure it out, but it is along those lines, it is usually served warm and with ice cream or whipped cream!! Anyone throw in a little help here????
Hope this helps!! Belle

disneytati

wannabeBelle said:
S'aright Ill take a stab at the ones that I can clearly explain. If anyone who is more conversant with the particular item comes along please post as well!!!
Giblet: Not really sure if we want to get into what parts of the turkey this is, but my understanding is that it is certain parts of the inside of the turkkey, mixed with the drippings from the turkey as it was cooking and made into a brown gravy for use on the turkey meat.
Relish: This is regular cranberry sauce ( I hope so anyhow) relish is a form of a condiment such as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc.
Boursin is a type of cheese that will be whipped into the mashed potatoes
Chives are a form of spice, they are green and usually chopped up very fine and added to food for flavoring. Think along the lines of Parsley, like that.
Cobbler is a form of an apple pie. It is tough to explain actually!!! Several people here couldnt figure it out, but it is along those lines, it is usually served warm and with ice cream or whipped cream!! Anyone throw in a little help here????
Hope this helps!! Belle

Thanks a lot Belle!!! Your descriptions were perfect! Oh, God, I REALLY wanna go to this dinner! :lol: It sounds delicious! I love turkey and ham, and food seems pretty simple and plain. (for me this is just great, as I always think your food is too "weird"... :lol: ) And meeting all of you guys would be great!

tigsmom

Belle, you did fairly well... giblets are the things most people throw away...the liver, heart, gizzard, and neck of a bird.
Cranberry relish is the cranberry sauce.

Chives are like a cross between onions & garlic...think very thin scallions.
You got the cheese correct.

Apple Cobbler is like the inside of an apple pie. There is usually a crumb type topping though some people use a dumpling type one. Its spiced with cinnamon or nutmeg or both. Served warm and usually with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Very yummy. :slurp:

I sooo want to be there. :cry:

wannabeBelle

tigsmom said:
Belle, you did fairly well... giblets are the things most people throw away...the liver, heart, gizzard, and neck of a bird.
Cranberry relish is the cranberry sauce.

Chives are like a cross between onions & garlic...think very thin scallions.
You got the cheese correct.

Apple Cobbler is like the inside of an apple pie. There is usually a crumb type topping though some people use a dumpling type one. Its spiced with cinnamon or nutmeg or both. Served warm and usually with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Very yummy. :slurp:

I sooo want to be there. :cry:
Thanks TigsMom!!!!!! I had hoped you would see this and give a hand!! The cobbler thing was tough!!!!!!!! And so how come you arent joining us??? Belle

phlydude

Sometimes it's best not to tell people that there's giblets in the gravy!

Those who have ever stayed in Philly are probably aware of what scrapple is (or have heard of it). It's one of those things that smells awesome when it is being cooked, tastes even better when you eat it but if you read the ingredient list, you might not ever eat it again. My wife has ruined it for my in-laws who were willing to try it until she blurted out for them to read the label...

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
phlydude said:
Sometimes it's best not to tell people that there's giblets in the gravy!

Those who have ever stayed in Philly are probably aware of what scrapple is (or have heard of it). It's one of those things that smells awesome when it is being cooked, tastes even better when you eat it but if you read the ingredient list, you might not ever eat it again. My wife has ruined it for my in-laws who were willing to try it until she blurted out for them to read the label...
Mmmmmmm scrapple:slurp:

wannabeBelle

garyhoov said:
Mmmmmmm scrapple:slurp:
I have seen scrapple on some menus in diners mostly in New Jersey. Should I even ask what is actually in this stuff??? Given the fact that I wont eat it unless I know what is in it, it may forever be a mystery to me!!!!!! Belle

KevinPage

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Thanks TigsMom!!!!!! I had hoped you would see this and give a hand!! The cobbler thing was tough!!!!!!!! And so how come you arent joining us??? Belle

Leave it to a Long Islander to inform a Staten Islander. I think the garbage dump rotted your brain :lol: :lol: :xmas:

wannabeBelle

KevinPage said:
Leave it to a Long Islander to inform a Staten Islander. I think the garbage dump rotted your brain :lol: :lol: :xmas:
Well I didnt see you jumping in to explain what any of this stuff was!! I at least took a shot!!! Besides I couldnt leave my friend Tati just hanging out there with no explanation!! Gotta take care of my board members!!!!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom