It’s the 2nd Annual UNofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetpee_1993

2015!
We tossed out the Dream again and the Magic from Miami.
We've had one request for September 14th on the Dream 4 night, but I know that doesn't work for Kelly.:(
A ton of the original Ladies of Leisure are heading to Europe in the summer of 2015, so our number will probably be smaller again.

Here are some options. Everyone who thinks there's even a remote possibility they can go should chime in!
September 7 - 4 Night on the Dream
September 14 - 4 Night on the Dream
September 21 - 4 Night on the Dream
September 30 - 4 Night on the Magic out of Miami

The prices are all pretty steady on those cruises (That's why we pick September :)), so it's really just date and itinerary that we need to consider.
The 18th is my anniversary. Tis true. If the guilt doesn't eat me up already, having my darling husband foot the bill for me to be away on our day would certainly break me. So, for me and for us that's where my boundaries are. I need to be with my sweetness on that one day every year for the rest of forever. Haven't missed one in almost 21 years! :inlove::p

sweetpee_1993

This week I've started the "soup for lunch" regimen in preparation for the glory of dining on the Dream!!
You're all going to think I'm nuts....but my goal is to eat on the cruise along the same lines as how I eat normally at home. Shake or shake-based smoothie for breakfast, very light rounded lunch, reasonable dinner. Virtually no sweets. ((I'm not overly fond of most desserts onboard anyway.)) My splurges shall be the liquid libations. Still want to run onboard, NOT on the island. Going to try to avoid the killer swelling. I bought a dry body brush and compression socks. May still call my doctor to ask for water pills. ;)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Wow! You're keeping score?! LOL! Yes, I'll be platinum in a bit over a month. Nothing all that terribly crazy special. I'm looking forward to the complimentary Palo each cruise. That's about it. Having encountered those who wear their status like a badge with airs as well as gracious folks who never let on because they're busy just being their genuine selves, I'm choosing to take the latter path. I think platinum only proves we have an expensive habit/hobby.

Besides, there are those who will say there's more platinum than just platinum based on number of nights sailed vs. number of sailings. Me? I don't care either way. Doesn't concern me. ;)
That's how I made it to platinum in just over 3 years: go go going! :angelic:

Thanks, Tammy, for showing me the way. :inlove:

You're so welcome! It was rough. Can I still wear my platinum lanyard without feeling bragadocious? :D

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
The 18th is my anniversary. Tis true. If the guilt doesn't eat me up already, having my darling husband foot the bill for me to be away on our day would certainly break me. So, for me and for us that's where my boundaries are. I need to be with my sweetness on that one day every year for the rest of forever. Haven't missed one in almost 21 years! :inlove::p

Although technically you would be off the ship at like 7 am on the 18th! Then you and Tracey can spend the whole day together as you start another vacation maybe! Lol

sweetpee_1993

You're so welcome! It was rough. Can I still wear my platinum lanyard without feeling bragadocious? :D
Wearing the lanyard is cool! I like the platinum color combo best! To me their the most elegant. I wasn't wild about the silver color. Gold was like a rapper or something to me. Bragdacious is when your status falls out of your mouth a bit too often....kinda like Howard when he first got back from the space station on Big Bang Theory. LOL! You know the type....LOL!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Wearing the lanyard is cool! I like the platinum color combo best! To me their the most elegant. I wasn't wild about the silver color. Gold was like a rapper or something to me. Bragdacious is when your status falls out of your mouth a bit too often....kinda like Howard when he first got back from the space station on Big Bang Theory. LOL! You know the type....LOL!

Lol! That is like Howard! That was hilarious.

And yes, the gold one is hideous!

PolynesianPrincess

Wow! You're keeping score?! LOL! Yes, I'll be platinum in a bit over a month. Nothing all that terribly crazy special. I'm looking forward to the complimentary Palo each cruise. That's about it. Having encountered those who wear their status like a badge with airs as well as gracious folks who never let on because they're busy just being their genuine selves, I'm choosing to take the latter path. I think platinum only proves we have an expensive habit/hobby.

Besides, there are those who will say there's more platinum than just platinum based on number of nights sailed vs. number of sailings. Me? I don't care either way. Doesn't concern me. ;)

haha well, I wasn't actually keeping score, I just happened to look at your signature and counted 7 trip reports and then said wow, she's going on 3 more next month, that will make her Platinum!! I for one will be thrilled when I get to platinum because that means an easier time trying to get a cabana! I know we can't afford concierge so being platinum will be great for me! Heck, I'm even looking forward to being gold! I'll have a long way to go though because after November I'll just be at a measly 3 cruises.... I'll get there eventually!

sweetpee_1993

haha well, I wasn't actually keeping score, I just happened to look at your signature and counted 7 trip reports and then said wow, she's going on 3 more next month, that will make her Platinum!! I for one will be thrilled when I get to platinum because that means an easier time trying to get a cabana! I know we can't afford concierge so being platinum will be great for me! Heck, I'm even looking forward to being gold! I'll have a long way to go though because after November I'll just be at a measly 3 cruises.... I'll get there eventually!
I kinda figured my trip reports gave me away. I have no more room in my signature to link anymore! What to do?!

Depending on the sailing, not even platinums always get the shot at a cabana. Concierge pulls first. I think best chances will be smaller ships, the Wonder in particular, in the off-season.

You'll be climbing the status ladder in no time! It's all in the delivery, really. Like you've got 3 sailings. So, hold your jaw barely open, hold a drink up with your pinky finger extended, channel your best Mr.Howell from Gilligan's Island, and say "oh yeeees, silver plus 2, darling...." It's like you own the joint! :p Tracey and I love to play these little aristocratic conversations together. Cracks us up! It's like putting lipstick on a pig coming from us, huh? LOL! :hilarious:

Tiggerfanatic

2015!
We tossed out the Dream again and the Magic from Miami.
We've had one request for September 14th on the Dream 4 night, but I know that doesn't work for Kelly.:(
A ton of the original Ladies of Leisure are heading to Europe in the summer of 2015, so our number will probably be smaller again.

Here are some options. Everyone who thinks there's even a remote possibility they can go should chime in!
September 7 - 4 Night on the Dream
September 14 - 4 Night on the Dream
September 21 - 4 Night on the Dream
September 30 - 4 Night on the Magic out of Miami

The prices are all pretty steady on those cruises (That's why we pick September :)), so it's really just date and itinerary that we need to consider.
Sept 7th on the Dream - another birthday cruise!
Sept 30th on the Magic - checking out a different ship.
It's all good with me!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks for the shout out @sweetpee_1993 and @Disneyfalcon! I love my peeps! Will there be a 3rd annual cruise? Maybe you can write me down for that one. I won't be with child, nor have a child on my hip at all times,... so it might be a possibility!

Woohoo! There will be! Still just trying to decide on dates and which itinerary! We decided after the first one we should do it every year in September no matter how many people can go. That way everyone knows when it is when they're making vacation plans and they can jump in on years when they're not busy. :)

sweetpee_1993

So I talked to Tracey about next year's girls cruise & the possibility of debarking on our anniversary day. His response? I'll see you when you get off the ship to start our getaway. He actually kinda fussed at me a bit before going on to explain that the day in May that we met is as important or moreso to him. Alrighty! So I'm a go for next year whatever the dates may be!

Tiggerfanatic

I think I am more excited for this cruise than I was for the first one.

Don't get me wrong. I was uber pumped for last year's cruise, but there were also these underlying worries - will I like cruising? Will I get seasick? 26 strangers - will I find someone to talk to? Will I like my roommate? Will my roommate like me? (BTW, I won the prize in roommate roullette - @Howe best roommate ever!)

But this time, I know what to expect (to a degree!) I know everyone that's going, and I know for sure that we are going to have a blast. And, I'm already excited and looking forward to next year!

TheMouseFan

This whole discussion should probably be moved to a different website, as it is a conflict of interest. Thank you.
I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I don't see how there is a conflict of interest. These ladies all met on this forum and have decided to meet outside of the forum in a place that all of them love. Some of them even booked this trip through Kingdom Konsultants as evidenced by the pic in post #536.

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I don't see how there is a conflict of interest. These ladies all met on this forum and have decided to meet outside of the forum in a place that all of them love. Some of them even booked this trip through Kingdom Konsultants as evidenced by the pic in post #536.
The trip currently being discussed is NOT being booked through KK, which is a sponsor - but rather through a former employee who has gone to another agency. That is the conflict of interest.

End of discussion. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom