ISTCrew's March 6th WDW Update

pppapazo

Originally posted by mkt
Fair enough Patrick.

I'll give an objective statement.

Furthermore, your grammar is appalling. If you would at least take the time to run these "updates" through a word processor and clean them up, others might take them a bit more serious- I know I would.

I've said my peace about your updates, feel free to tear me apart on forums or via any other method of contact. You know how to get a hold of me.

It's "I've said my piece, " Mr. Grammar.

Peter

s25843

Originally posted by pppapazo

Peter

Actually I think Rob was right

Peace (when used as an interjection) means
interj.
Used as a greeting or farewell, and as a request for silence.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by pppapazo

Peter

You worried me there for a second. So I asked two people which they felt was the correct choice, peace or piece.

I'm glad to reveal that both my college Engligh Comp 101 and 102 professor said its peace. I'm also glad to reveal that my photojournalist roomate also said its peace.

However, since I wish to not offend the new member, I ammend my previous post to say "I've say my 2 cents."

Better?

Lovecraft

My guess is the phrase comes as a sort of acknowledgement to the phrase "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

The phrase is ususally used when someone may have had slight hesitation about saying what is said and the phrase "I've said my peace" is used to end a statement or group of statements that the speaker or author did not want to hold back "forever". It is also used as an indication that the subject discussed by the speaker or author is now complete, there is nothing for him (or her) to add.

BUT

In usage today, I have seen "I've spoken my peace" or "I've spoken my piece" (or variations of the above) used with about the same frequency.

People that use "piece" for the phrase tend to do so with the backing idea that it is related to giving another a "piece" of one's mind. Which is a bit funny nowadays as with the trend to be syrupy sweet in some internet circles has led others to use the phrase "let me give you the peace of my mind."

But all in all I think the phrase "I've said my peace" really came to us from old western movies anyway it doesn't seem to be a very old saying at all, and like with popular words in our language, is subject to the natural evolutionary effects of a living language.

This moment of Thread Drift <tm> brought to you by the letters p, a and x and the number 7.

Sir Mickey´s

Hmmm... The think I think right now is ( and i 'am not checking grammar... my english isn´t THAT good )
Where does tis argument go to? Is this a Disney Discussion Forum where anyone can say something.. has his own opinion.. or is this someting like The European Senate.. I won´t Agree... I will not Agree... I dislike your Argument ???
I like too read the posts, love Updates ( mainly because I can´t see any Updates.. I go Once a year so... ) and give an opinion about it... and that´s my opinion.. if you don´t agree with it... ok, let me know.. but remember that it is my opinion.. not just simply say.. go to another park.. and then get a rave about something I said...But ok... I´am curious if my gammar stinks or something like that... and then I hope we continuing the disneyposts :sohappy:

aim

Just wondering, do we really need people coming in this thread ready to jump on other members just for fun? :confused:

WDWSwashbuckler

Originally posted by aim
Just wondering, do we really need people coming in this thread ready to jump on other members just for fun? :confused:

Of course we do Aimee, many of us don't actually have lives apart from ripping new members to pieces! (yes, I said pieces, not peaces) :lookaroun

BwanaBob

Oooh!.......Oooooh!

Can I join in too?

@#*! you all!

:D

There...I feel better too!

EDIT: This thing is going nowhere fast!

MKCP 1985

Patrick, I hope you will continue to post reports of your visits right here in the news and rumors. This is a big message board and there is plenty of room here for your reports. I like them, and judging by other responses, I am not the only one.

Donaldistheduck

Originally posted by aim

Actually I find it quite entertaining. Especially if MKT (Rob, but I dont feel comfortable putting that since I have never met you nor do I have any idea what you look like), and Fievel (ditto) are gonna get involved.

Kinda like a face off between a couple of the "big" posters. Good fun, good to watch. :animwink:

But the part about getting his head stuck? LOW BLOW :lol:

johnvree

Originally posted by General Grizz
So shouldn't there be different rates for those who have to visit parks that close early with half the attractions open and construction everywhere?
Exactly what I was thinking. When I go in the off-season, I expect there to be more closed attractions and shorter hours. I also expect to pay lower prices (at least for the resorts). Yet, the people vacationing now actually pay higher resort rates (Peak) than those visiting in the Summer (Regular). That seems a little unfair if Disney increases the amount of maintenance/construction during this time period based upon anticipated attendance levels.

Donaldistheduck

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
*sells front-row seats to Rob and Fievel with Super Soakers at 10 paces*

Actually, MKT and Fievel were on the same side...i think.

I thought they were arguing with ISTCrew

Well...no arguing...MKT "said his PEICE" :rolleyes:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Donaldistheduck
Actually, MKT and Fievel were on the same side...i think.

I thought they were arguing with ISTCrew

Well...no arguing...MKT "said his PEICE" :rolleyes:

Yep...Rob and I hardly ever disagree.....

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Patrick:

Please continue to post your reports. I come here every day to look for them. It's the ONLY reason I come here every day.

I think it's a shame for some disgruntled adults to jump all over a teenager who is doing the best he can.

...and as far as I'm concerned he's doing a great job.

(Feel free to flame me, I have a degree in art history and English, so I'm ready!)

Christina

DisneyPan

I just read through this whole thread enjoying every post, waiting axiously to click on the next page. This was quite entertaining while I'm wasting time at work. Can we create a "" forum, so everyday can be this fun?

BTW, I spell checked this post and read it twice just to make sure I wouldn't be torn apart...I hope!

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by DisneyPan
I just read through this whole thread enjoying every post, waiting axiously to click on the next page. This was quite entertaining while I'm wasting time at work. Can we create a "" forum, so everyday can be this fun?

BTW, I spell checked this post and read it twice just to make sure I wouldn't be torn apart...I hope!

waiting axiously?

That's it; it's go time!

*tears DisneyPan apart*

:lol: :lookaroun :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom