ISTCrew's March 6th WDW Update

Sir Mickey´s

Originally posted by s25843
You also have a choice of three other theme parks if you feel that MGM is currently in a state of "Shock"

Yea off course.. but do I know when I´am at the entrance and I went in that the park is in well .. euhmm the Wallsection ??
I don´t think so... and you have payed $52 already then....
But what a luck... I´ve got an AP so :rolleyes:

s25843

Originally posted by Sir Mickey´s
Yea off course.. but do I know when I´am at the entrance and I went in that the park is in well .. euhmm the Wallsection ??
I don´t think so... and you have payed $52 already then....
But what a luck... I´ve got an AP so :rolleyes:

You can always find out at disneyworld.com or Calling them at 407-WDISNEY,,, they don't hide their refurbishment schedule

SmithGett

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Sir Mickey´s
About all those constructionwalls...
I don´t mind a Wall here and there.. but when i´am going once a year ( and i only can go once a year ) i really dislike those walls.. and when i had to pay $52 to get in MGM and only see Walls and Walls and Walls and of course..... Walls, well I would felt ripped of...
But does it makes the attractions any less spectacular.. no, but it CAN really ruin a magical day i think.....

what i dont understand about this discussion thats taking place is this:

if youre so hardcore about walt disney world, that your time is ruined by their desire to make your future visits better, than you need to find a new interest.

i agree construction walls are not pretty and take away some, but you seem to be internet savvy enough to get on this website, so you should be able to find out if your fave attractions will be open or closed, or if there will be lots of construction. if you find that it seems to be a "mess" then dont go.

but the fact of the matter is this: disney has to be messy in order to make your and my future visits better. if they DIDNT make such a mess then perhaps they wouldnt be doing the best job they could be. so get over it. stop being so bitter and falling back on the argument "WELL WALT THIS BLAH BLAH BLAH". the painful truth is walt lived in a completely different world than the one we live in right now.

after all, while he was still alive, Jim Crowe and his racist friends were sweeping across America. Walt was raised in a different world than the one we live in now. while we can support his dream, it is ignorant to say we must abide by every little thing he said. sometimes its just not possible.

so go to disneyworld, enjoy what is there, and get over the "lowering standards". disney is a business, and as a business they are struggling. but theyre trying. so give them credit, and get off their back.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I tend to agree....Walt never was good with money, and he often had to have help just staying afloat in the beginning. Quoting Walt will only hurt your expectations. If we'd do everything the way Walt would have wanted it, Disney would be long out of commission by now.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Oh yeah..one more thing...if all the work was done at night, then it'd take 3 times as long, and everybody would be complaining that things are taking too long to fix.

Ever think that they had to put walls up during the day to keep hands off the wet paint, or that it was pretty intricate work, and they needed to get it done as fast as possible.

Point being this - we'd have walls up all times of the year if we did it up to some people's "standards". The same frame of mind that says to leave the old magic of Disney and the old rides in place will also complain when nothing new/imaginative is being done. Then when the old ride is still there, and needing constant costly maintenance, a new ride is built that requires so much money just to please people that it's ridiculous.

And ticket prices wouldn't be $50....they'd be a lot HIGHER.

s25843

Originally posted by Fievel
Oh yeah..one more thing...if all the work was done at night, then it'd take 3 times as long, and everybody would be complaining that things are taking too long to fix.

Ever think that they had to put walls up during the day to keep hands off the wet paint, or that it was pretty intricate work, and they needed to get it done as fast as possible.

Point being this - we'd have walls up all times of the year if we did it up to some people's "standards". The same frame of mind that says to leave the old magic of Disney and the old rides in place will also complain when nothing new/imaginative is being done. Then when the old ride is still there, and needing constant costly maintenance, a new ride is built that requires so much money just to please people that it's ridiculous.

And ticket prices wouldn't be $50....they'd be a lot HIGHER.

Very Well Said,
Unfortunately there are a certain few on these boards who will probally never realize/fathom what you just said

andre85

Very Well Said,
Unforturnaely there are a certain few on these boards who will probally never realize/fathom what you just said

Watch out, them are fightin' words around here (as I've found out copious times).

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by andre85
Watch out, them are fightin' words around here (as I've found out copious times).

Well if they're fighting words, he's picked the right side.....especially if he's got Gary and myself aboard :)

s25843

LOL Ive been around here long enough to know that, Thanks for the Advice :lol:

General Grizz

Originally posted by CoraJack
I was at all of the parks last week and I feel that it was excessive. My 13 year old son even commented on it before I mentioned it, so that has to say something

That’s understandable - - there needs to be construction. And walls are okay. But <I>so</I> many cutbacks and reduced hours and entertainment cuts back on the magic.

The mechanism at Imagination, for example, is not bad by itself. But, with all of the other construction around the park, it’s just “another sore thumb” to the Imagination Pavilion.

And, like I said, if the work cannot be done at night, <b>theme</b> the crane. I do not understand how anyone could object to this idea.

Maybe you go too much? So many times that you can't Enjoy Disney for what it was meant to be?

Meant to be? It’s meant to be a place for fun and joy – and I certainly have that. But we MUST admit that things are cutting back – reduced hours, seasonal attractions (some of which are fan favorites), and sore-thumb refurbishment that can be done at night definetly calls for better rates, especially for families who cannot visit Disney that often.

You have the advantage, sir, to visit often. I visit frequently; my last visit was several months ago in late 2003. And it’s because I understand Disney’s <I>traditional</I> “show” factors (remember, show is a “Key to the Kingdom!”) that I have concern. And isn't "show" part of what Disney is "meant to be?"

Remember, I have no problem with construction. And walls are great, too, to hide a lot. But a lot of the noise/giant cranes for refurbishment should be saved for nighttime to preserve the magic, give guest value, and add more to the Disney name. This is how it was. . . and it’s integral. It's a long-term idea that made Disney successful since 1955. . . and in the long-run, it's the little things (details) that saves Disney.

Grizz, if you feel that $52 is too much for a park, don't go.

Oh, I’ll be going. No fear of that.

And trust me. This is possible, easy, and VERY beneficial in the long-run.

stingrock23

I don't mind all the work going on because I know what the future will hold when it's all complete. Any of you who go to wdw on a regular basis should be glad it's not Disneyland. Has anyone seen all the work going on there? So many rides closed and other things being worked on, I'm amazed it still brings in the crowds it does.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
man.. what a great TRIP REPORT

288spammer_smiley-thumb.gif

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Rob...Im sorry. This is the NEWS And Rumors Forum. I don't know what you consider this :

(--They were repainting the Star Tours gift shop today.
--On TOT, There is no longer a pause after you enter the drop shaft. We did it twice today, and both times when we moved into the drop shaft, we dropped right away, no pauses at all.
--The entire facade that was by the entrance to the HISTK playground has been removed. They added a new subway station area to NY Street, along with completely new window dressing, advertising Disney Cruises, and "Mac Donalds Tax Collectors". This is the area that was under construction 2 or 3 weeks back.
--The Backlot tour was added back on to the map.
--Stunt Show construction is coming along great. The facade looks nearly complete. Pictures will be up soon.
--2 towers for the backdrops at the area where the new San Fransisco Backdrop will be were added.
--The MGM parking lot constuction was ongoing aswell.

--The big news here is EVEREST...The Picture everyone saw of the track earlier this week was nothing compared to what they have done now. They now have 6 or 7 brown supports up over the concrete wall, and some very big black supports, 2 of which were over 40 feet high. They had 2 cranes on site...A GIANT yellow one (which could be seen from TOT) and a smaller black one, WAY in the back.

--The Triceratops on Triceratop Spin were lowered today, and could not be seen, meaning each Dinosaur may have been taken off and is being repaired.
--The Busses, as they exit the bus loop, cut through the CM parking lot, and don't go the regular way anymore. Construction was going on in the area.

--A Big grey construction wall has been set up over "Stitch's Great Escape". The wall goes all the way from the entrance to TL, to what used to be the entrance of AE. They still have all the "TL Convention Center" signs still hanging though.

The Hopping Brer Rabbit is indeed working again. Looks great, and Im so glad it's back. I really missed it. The jumping fountains and the popping Gophers were not working today. The Jumping fish was also not working. I'm not sure, but I think right before the "To the Laughing Place drop", a hat and a paint can was added. That is really all I can remember... )

I call that news, hence the reason it's in NEWS and rumors.

As for people actually wanting to fight...Why?! I just don't get this. People can disagree over anything. I still find it funny though, how a certain few people only come in after a disgreement starts, and get into the fight. Anyways, you guys have fun...Threads can go on forever, so go for the throat.

Mike - I should be going this Saturday and this Monday. If not then, I may be going sunday.

s25843

You Did edit out the part about where Tiffani Lost her phone again. I think that line right there could make it a trip report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom