Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
There was three items on my list that needed to be addressed with the theater, 1) kill the hat, yea I know we still have the stage but I'm hoping if the rumors of a perminate stage are true then this is just a temporary issue. 2) replace the spires 3) bring back the spot lights. so far we have two out of three, any idea if we are going to get all three or will I have to settle?

roj2323

There was three items on my list that needed to be addressed with the theater, 1) kill the hat, yea I know we still have the stage but I'm hoping if the rumors of a perminate stage are true then this is just a temporary issue. 2) replace the spires 3) bring back the spot lights. so far we have two out of three, any idea if we are going to get all three or will I have to settle?
the spot lights can be returned with very little effort. The pads are still in place
Walls have gone up on the right side similar to the ones that were up yesterday on the left

So they took the walls on the left side down?

Last edited:

DisneyRoy

I think this thread is going to see some more traffic again until we can determine if that permanent stage that is rumored will in fact be built or not.

tirian

I really do think that this at least in the past had to do with the ownership of the real formerly Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Disney covered it up with the hat not long after they had bought and refurbished the El Capitan across the street from it in real Hollywood (and near where Jimmy Kimmel performs nightly with his ABC show).

Since then ownership of the Chinese has changed again (from Mann Theatres now to TCL).

So, while other factors had to be involved, my suspicion is that at least for some time, they were trying to cover or replace the iconic view but now have had reason to reverse course.
That was an Internet myth that has been debunked several times. The BAH was all about marketing and selling pins, not about the theater's ownership. WDI had been fighting to remove the hat for years, but the hat was finally removed when it got sponsored and when Disney acknowledged the park needs an overhaul.

The TCA sponsorship—and remember, Warner Bros is really paying the bills—is helping things tremendously; yesterday around lunch, every AA and special effect was working. The alien was also completely recessed before lunging out the ceiling.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

The TCA sponsorship—and remember, Warner Bros is really paying the bills—is helping things tremendously; yesterday around lunch, every AA and special effect was working. Even the alien was completely recessed before lunging out the ceiling.
That leads me to three mostly unrelated thoughts:

If at all necessary, this once again demonstrates that every excuse for lack of show quality is just fanboy apologising.

It is infuriating to think that the world's largest entertainment company in the world's largest theme park complex charging outrageously inflated prices straight up refuses to serve functioning entertainment unless an outside factor pays the bill.

From Siemens to Starbucks to TCM, all have higher quality standards than Disney. And they show it in Disney's own house. Pathetic really.

tirian

That leads me to three mostly unrelated thoughts:

If at all necessary, this once again demonstrates that every excuse for lack of show quality is just fanboy apologising.

It is infuriating to think that the world's largest entertainment company in the world's largest theme park complex charging outrageously inflated prices straight up refuses to serve functioning entertainment unless an outside factor pays the bill.

From Siemens to Starbucks to TCM, all have higher quality standards than Disney. And they show it in Disney's own house. Pathetic really.

Don't get me started on Disney's food service or hotels. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel when they hire CMs. But what else can you expect when you refuse to pay a decent wage?

tirian

To me, this thread is a celebration of the right thing being done. It would be a shame to see it devolve into a gripe-fest of things that aren't being done or not done as well as could be.

I am happy to see the Theater from the park entrance, spires and all. It is encouraging to read that more improvements are coming-

The design for the permanent stage will maintain that view, too. The entrance will be classy again. :)

The Rocketeer

It appears that all of the frozen stage decor, the screen, and the speakers have been removed. I would assume actual stage disassembly begins tonight.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom