Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

ZmBe13

I think the point of this thread was more than just the hat being ugly. It was about getting back that beautiful unobstructed view of the theatre from the main entrance. It calls you to walk toward it as you enter the park, and as you approach it you realize it is an attracion and you get in line. Are the spires returning a sign that Disney has realized/remembered what they have built? The Theatre and GMR being the center piece attraction of the park? Could there be refresh of the GMR in the future as Disney cleans up the theme of this park that could be so much more?

JohnD

I think the point of this thread was more than just the hat being ugly. It was about getting back that beautiful unobstructed view of the theatre from the main entrance. It calls you to walk toward it as you enter the park, and as you approach it you realize it is an attracion and you get in line. Are the spires returning a sign that Disney has realized/remembered what they have built? The Theatre and GMR being the center piece attraction of the park? Could there be refresh of the GMR in the future as Disney cleans up the theme of this park that could be so much more?

Agree. Why not build up a raised stage with lighting from the side (ala Cinderella's Castle)? You can still see the performance with the Chinese Theatre always in view.

Cesar R M

Those senior managers can park in the Pluto lot and suck it up like everyone else.
I can imagine the senior managers doing the " AWW HEELL NOOO!" with a classic Z shaped hand twist.

Bring back the hat! Hey, so it doesn't ruin the view, we could put a new hat ON the Chinese Theater, like it was a person. The spires are the hair, so unfortunately, they'd be covered. But I think the theater would look quite jaunty in the chapeau.

M4LM9w3.gif

prberk

Because TDO isn't ashamed of the Castle being a focal point from park entry like they are for some reason of the Theater.

I really do think that this at least in the past had to do with the ownership of the real formerly Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Disney covered it up with the hat not long after they had bought and refurbished the El Capitan across the street from it in real Hollywood (and near where Jimmy Kimmel performs nightly with his ABC show).

Since then ownership of the Chinese has changed again (from Mann Theatres now to TCL).

So, while other factors had to be involved, my suspicion is that at least for some time, they were trying to cover or replace the iconic view but now have had reason to reverse course.

lazyboy97o

I really do think that this at least in the past had to do with the ownership of the real formerly Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Disney covered it up with the hat not long after they had bought and refurbished the El Capitan across the street from it in real Hollywood (and near where Jimmy Kimmel performs nightly with his ABC show).

Since then ownership of the Chinese has changed again (from Mann Theatres now to TCL).

So, while other factors had to be involved, my suspicion is that at least for some time, they were trying to cover or replace the iconic view but now have had reason to reverse course.
TCL doesn't own the theater, and Paramount and Warner Bros. dropped their involvement in Mann Theaters several years ago.

roj2323

What are you showing in the second picture?
the saw cut area. It looks as if they are replacing the concrete the first 3 feet from the building with brightly red colored concrete. I also believe they are replacing or removing the in ground lighting as well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
the saw cut area. It looks as if they are replacing the concrete the first 3 feet from the building with brightly red colored concrete. I also believe they are replacing or removing the in ground lighting as well.

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if those were saw cuts or just the pattern in the concrete.

roj2323

I suspect the walls will be down in the next day or two on the left side and up on the right side instead. we should have a better idea then.

dstrawn9889

hub concrete replacement? no not without an NoC... possibly a queue change? or some wrought iron railings to keep people off the walls? or are they preparing to make the 'sidewalk' out front, to put more stars?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom