Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
When I was there last month there was tape all over the ground for the events going on around and on the stage. They should just paint the concrete two shades to have a permenant and more asthetically pleasing way to tell people where they can and can't stand. Near the entrance is easy enough since you can just say please stand on the sidewalk.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
When I was there last month there was tape all over the ground for the events going on around and on the stage. They should just paint the concrete two shades to have a permenant and more asthetically pleasing way to tell people where they can and can't stand. Near the entrance is easy enough since you can just say please stand on the sidewalk.
There is a permanent brass line in a lot of locations. Problem is, the viewing areas change on an operational need basis. So it needs to be flexible.

Disney Analyst

Does anyone know, do these spires all retract like the old ones? They are doing more and more pyro shows again at DHS, curious if they will lower these new ones like the old.

WhatJaneSays

I really do think that this at least in the past had to do with the ownership of the real formerly Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Disney covered it up with the hat not long after they had bought and refurbished the El Capitan across the street from it in real Hollywood (and near where Jimmy Kimmel performs nightly with his ABC show).

Disney bought the El Cap in 1989 and the BAH didn't go up untill 2001.

raymusiccity

Still don' understand why the stars from the hat are still there.

Probably because Hollywood and Stars go hand in glove with each other ! ;-)

image.jpg

prberk

Disney bought the El Cap in 1989 and the BAH didn't go up untill 2001.

I know, and that is part of why I wondered that, not that it would happen overnight, just that either they had lost the right use the Chinese in ads or as an icon, or that they just had decided it was a strategic move to stop supporting the competition in some way. You see, the BAH was strategically placed to block the view of the Chinese, in my opinion. I wondered at the time were they doing it to prepare for the ride's replacement, or to change the iconic view, or some other reason. But I do think it was placed there as a obstruction on purpose, but that purpose somehow evolved or was completely recended later. I do not necessarily think it was a direct relationship to one reason, but it could have been. More likely an anticpated change in strategy regarding the Chinese as a park icon or "wienie" in Disney terms -- which I just surmised strategically moved them away from sponsoring their competition on the real Hollywood Boulevard.

Goofyernmost

Probably because Hollywood and Stars go hand in glove with each other ! ;-)

View attachment 110342
I believe they were referring to the small "plastic" stars that were around the BAH as decoration. You can see it in Martins picture to the upper left. I don't really see a problem. It is the Great Movie Ride. Stars would be appropriate, if not completely necessary. Disney tends to leave things around as a tribute to something that previously existed in areas, so it's fine with me as long as the hat is gone.

Phil12

I believe they were referring to the small "plastic" stars that were around the BAH as decoration. You can see it in Martins picture to the upper left. I don't really see a problem. It is the Great Movie Ride. Stars would be appropriate, if not completely necessary. Disney tends to leave things around as a tribute to something that previously existed in areas, so it's fine with me as long as the hat is gone.
And besides, they'll fit right in when they decide to rebuild the BAH in a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom