Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

SirNim

Well this is strange and unexpected.

I would rather the hat be moved elsewhere... since it's just foolish from a long-term aesthetic standpoint to be placed right in front of something else...

Maybe the Studios' 25th Anniversary in 2014 would be a good occassion to rid it from its perch in front of the Theatre...

Pongo

I don't know. I mean, sure, it will EVENTUALLY come down, but who's to say whether what they said meant in the next year or the next ten years :shrug:

I, too, will believe it when I see it.

I remember absolutely hating the hat when it was first installed but I grew rather fond of it after working at the Studios. Probably because I worked right around it and it made a great shade during those hot summer days LOL. I'd be torn if the hat was removed... On one hand i'd be happy to be able to see the Chinese Theater again at the end of Hollywood Blvd, and on the other i'd just miss the icon that i've grown fond of.

Too bad they can't move it, i'd be great out front where they put the Christmas Tree every year.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
It's really not a very good shot at all, but when I was at the Studios in March and happened to look up from where I was standing and see both park "icons" in my line of sight, I just had to try to take a picture to document the moment.

DSCN2861.jpg

You can just see the lights outlining the Earful Tower over the left ear of the hat.

I don't mind the hat, but I won't miss it if it's gone, either.

HMF

Even Fitzgerald and Jacobson hate the hat. Thats great news. . Now if only Re-Imagineering could do another doctered picture of the hat coming down.

Buried20KLeague

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The hat doesn't disgust me like it does some people. What disgusts me is the fact that IT'S A @#$#$ PIN SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork::fork:

The icon of a park should not be a pin shop. If that's not the poster child of the kinds of things from the Pressler era, I don't know what is.

Good riddance to the hat if it leaves. The Chinese theatre won't have to play second fiddle anymore.

Although... Didn't they just do some upgrading to the fiber optics in the hat last year? Seems weird they would wreck that, if it's true.

beyondyou

while this is great news i dont see it happening anytime soon.

they just got done re painting and putting in new lights on hte hat not to long ago, maybe a month ago??

i dont think they would do that for no reason at all​

WDW1991

I would be quite sad to see the Hat completely removed from the park. I hope they can just move it from its current position but i'm not sure how possible that will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom