Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

EPCOT Explorer

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The hat doesn't disgust me like it does some people. What disgusts me is the fact that IT'S A @#$#$ PIN SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork::fork:

The icon of a park should not be a pin shop. If that's not the poster child of the kinds of things from the Pressler era, I don't know what is.

Good riddance to the hat if it leaves. The Chinese theatre won't have to play second fiddle anymore.

Although... Didn't they just do some upgrading to the fiber optics in the hat last year? Seems weird they would wreck that, if it's true.

Just a excuse to move it. :D It's actually a nice building , I just HATE it's placement.

Magicot

Yeah- the hat needs to go and I'm glad the Imagineers see that.

If we need to keep it, then just move it to the front of the gates where the christmas tree is displayed. And please reimagine it's purpose as something that's not a pin shop. :brick:

I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

HMF

I think I just found a slogan for the save the hat movement.
865ZDlhzt3.jpg

jt04

I agree with the above that it sounds like it could be gone by WDW's 40th. The main reason they painted it was for the debut of AIE. They wanted the area to look great for that event.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was just someone trying to stir up the debate but I was very happy to see Steve started this thread. Enough Said!

It's finally happening :sohappy:!

Now all we need is the clean up of "Innoventions Plaza", er umm, I mean "Communicore Plaza" :)

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/cmcr.htm

look1angel

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The hat doesn't disgust me like it does some people. What disgusts me is the fact that IT'S A @#$#$ PIN SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork::fork:

The icon of a park should not be a pin shop. If that's not the poster child of the kinds of things from the Pressler era, I don't know what is.

Good riddance to the hat if it leaves. The Chinese theatre won't have to play second fiddle anymore.

Although... Didn't they just do some upgrading to the fiber optics in the hat last year? Seems weird they would wreck that, if it's true.

I agree, I expected more when I first saw it then realized it was a pin set up. :(

EPCOT Explorer

I agree with the above that it sounds like it could be gone by WDW's 40th. The main reason they painted it was for the debut of AIE. They wanted the area to look great for that event.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was just someone trying to stir up the debate but I was very happy to see Steve started this thread. Enough Said!

It's finally happening :sohappy:!

Now all we need is the clean up of "Innoventions Plaza", er umm, I mean "Communicore Plaza" :)

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/cmcr.htm
Indeed. Both projects should be high on the aesthetic list.:D

OGMickey

I like the Hat but dont like the hat..... im a purest i like looking down the street and seeing the theater. The hat was awkwardly placed and is a Pin shop ....at least make it worth it if it does have to stay. If they take it down Great absolutely GREAT .... but if it does stick around its whatever ... not the end of the world!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OK, don't hat the hat I just hate where it is. I do kind of agree that every park needs an icon so now the $50 question. Where do you move the darn thing to?

MKCP 1985

I never understood everyones whining about the hat. The park needs an icon. I like it. I think it looks great especially at night.

Who says the park needs a hat to have an icon? It has icons before the hat. It has distinctive buildings that let a person know they are in the Studios park - the big Guitar, the Water Tower, the Hollywood Tower Hotel, and especially the Hollywood buildings all along the entrance including the Chinese Theater, obstructed from view by the hat.

Glad you like it. It does look good at night. But what does the Fantasia Sorcerer's hat have to do with "Disney's Hollywood Studios"?? Maybe if the park was "Disney's Sorcery Magic Park" or "Disney's Wizarding park of Magic Hats." :lol:

Hey, 5,000 posts. :eek:

plus, the hat ruined one of the best hidden Mickeys ever.

goreesha

I really don't have a problem with the hat, just its location.

I agree with this. I kind of like the look of the hat, but the location doesn't make much sense when the entrance is designed to lead the eye to the Chinese Theater. It's not as bad as if they had put a giant new building at the hub in front of Cinderella castle, but the same wrong-headed thinking.

jt04

OK, don't hat the hat I just hate where it is. I do kind of agree that every park needs an icon so now the $50 question. Where do you move the darn thing to?

The same place the wand went. I know a lot of people want to see it moved to the front of the park (including me at one time) but I have heard it isn't the type of structure that can't easily be dismantled and rebuilt. Oh well...............:lol:

I googled pics of Disney-MGM Studios before the hat and I still can't believe it was approved.

bbrerrabbit

Can't wait to see it go!!! My son will be bummed if it is gone totally. He just thinks it is genius that you can buy hats under the hat!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom