Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

WDWArchitectureGuy

What a wonderful post. I'd never thought of it in terms of producers vs consumers, but I think that's a brilliant comparison.

I'm very much the sort who goes to a movie and is looking at the CGI, wondering what rendering systems were used, what camera lenses, analysing the screenplay act structure etc... basically I find it hard to just objectively view things without looking at the art behind it... that's just how I am. I'm nerdy like that, and I bet that overlap is true of many 'Doom and Gloomers'. I bet lots of them watch 'Making of' documentaries and listen to DVD commentaries too.

Part of the problem is when you are the sort that over analyses things, or is interested in the creation as much as the final product it's far harder to accept things for what they are as you're constantly aware of what they could be and how little it would take to fix things up, which is what people find frustrating.

At the end of the day all Doom & Gloomers aspire to be pixie dusters - what I mean by that is I'd love nothing more than to enjoy the parks as much as I did in the 90s and recapture that feeling of wonder and sheer happiness from how amazing it all was. Part of calling Disney out on things is that with each thing fixed or improved, we're one step closer to recapturing that happiness, but the pixie dusters are lucky as they've already reached that destination.
Sounds like lots of people have reached the age of not believing........

JERiv

Just thought I'd say: the view's looking mighty fine now that the hat's almost gone.

It's not that I didn't like the hat as a symbol of the park, it's that it was shoehorned into a space it should never have been in. It made a small park feel that much smaller.

They should have put it somewhere else, or outside of the park by the entrance.

Plus, the Theater is really quite nice in and of itself!

Expo_Seeker40

Y'all still nuts. There ya go!
image.jpg

MKCP 1985

I wish I could let this thread pass without checking every day as the progress would be even more spectacular to behold. . . but it draws me back like popcorn in a movie. :p

It would be nice if the daily drama could go to another thread, but that's just crazy talk, I know. In some threads, for some people, it really is as simple as "how much progress did they make since yesterday?" :)

rangerbob

It was more than raining overnight. There were some very bad downpours that I heard and woke me up. I wan't expecting to see much of a difference today.

note2001

I actually love the steampunk look of it now. Throughout this process it's been really cool to see how much engineering went into building that structure.
Quality engineering means it's a p.i.t.a. to tear down.

I also love the look - steampunk is cool as long as the designs are functional, and not just glued in for aesthetics. In this case, it was all there for the support structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom