Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Vernonpush

They do, but the other part was about deserving a better fan. :animwink:

What it comes down to is Fanboy (around here) is not derogitory, DoM and Sweatshirters are. It's intent, and I think that most people who use those terms know that.

Back on topic, if they are going through the whole effort of removing the hat and relocating it, they should be able to rescale it to a certain extent elsewhere. Even finding a way to shave 10 feet off would solve some of the sight line problem.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...001-Sorcerer-Mickey-Hat-Icon-construction.htm
Looking at these photos it seem like it wouldn't be too hard to trim a few feet off the bottom of the hat.

jakeman

Right. So you see my point. :wave:

And I think "Fanboy" is used in the same context as DoM and Sweatshirter.:shrug: If you want to be offended by a joke, I won't stop you...:lol: I'm fine with it.
I'm not offended. If you want to see me offended read the thread with the holocaust poem tailored to WDW attractions.

I'm just pointing out that you guys are talking down about people because they enjoy things that are different.

However, I think we both understand each other's point and agree (that's like 3 times in two week, getting scary :lol:)

And yes, back on topic...In all honesty, I think that if they tear this thing down, it's gone. Moving it would be nice, so as to keep it part of DHS, but it's very unlikely.

I also agree here, I don't think they would move it, unless they feel they really, really need a park icon and don't want the theater to be it.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not offended. If you want to see me offended read the thread with the holocaust poem tailored to WDW attractions.

I'm just pointing out that you guys are talking down about people because they enjoy things that are different.

However, I think we both understand each other's point and agree (that's like 3 times in two week, getting scary :lol:)

I also agree here, I don't think they would move it, unless they feel they really, really need a park icon and don't want the theater to be it.
Right. I hope you read what I wrote about the Holocaust allusions before the thread was closed.

Heya, they do the same to us. I don't let it bother me. It's Disney. It's all in good fun.;)

And yes, this is very disturbing.:lol: I shall check us into a psych ward immediately.
:lol::lookaroun

HMF

I will admit, embaressedly, that I do like the old rainbow paint scheme on the outside of Universe of Energy.
It was good while it lasted. Unlike my fellow Epcot fanatics I did not have a problem with the Wand or the Millenium Canopies in Innoventions Plaza. However' I am glad the wand was torn down for the 25th and I think the time has come for a complete re-work of Innoventions Plaza.

Wilt Dasney

Would people find the hat more palatable if it were attached to some kind of attraction (even something as minor as staging for live performances or fireworks, like the castle)?

I think the hat looks pretty cool, but it is basically useless outside of drawing attention to itself and serving as "true North" for lost park-goers.

The other 3 icons all have some functionality beyond just being there to gawk at, which is where I think the hat's big shortcoming lies.

CThaddeus

Would people find the hat more palatable if it were attached to some kind of attraction (even something as minor as staging for live performances or fireworks, like the castle)?

I think the hat looks pretty cool, but it is basically useless outside of drawing attention to itself and serving as "true North" for lost park-goers.

The other 3 icons all have some functionality beyond just being there to gawk at, which is where I think the hat's big shortcoming lies.

I would argue its biggest shortcoming (among many I can think of) is that it blocks the Park's best attraction. That's just plain bad show. The Photoshopped picture of the BAH in front of Cinderella's Castle pretty much says it all.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The only acceptable scenario of hat destruction would be if it were to "takeout" the High School abomination at the same time.:goodnevil

EPCOT Explorer

The only acceptable scenario of hat destruction would be if it were to "takeout" the High School abomination at the same time.:goodnevil
Yesplz. I hate looking down SB and seeing wonderful 30's themeing and then a huge HSM Billboard.:dazzle:

Hmm...Another idea.:D I think it would be used in Fantasmic! , but it disrupts sightlines there, too.

RiversideBunny

The Hat should be placed outside the park, to the right as you enter the park.
There's a lot of grass area there now that could be used.

Outside at the entrance would make it a likeable icon for DHS.

IMHO.
:)

Expo_Seeker40

The hat was constructed over a large circular flower planter (it was mickey's nose as seen from the air)....it was all about location, location, location......ironically the same location, location, location selected for the Chinese Theatre. :brick: :dazzle:

Does anyone have any leads as to when/if this hat is going away in a few years?! :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom