Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Expo_Seeker40

Sweatshirters aren't stupid at/about the world. :wave: [I believe "newb(s)" would best describe individuals or groups that go to WDW or any other theme park/resort for that matter and do very little planning and research and end up going there, feeling confused, overwhelmed, and then complain about it to friends, family, or online as to how the place sucks.]

I've mentioned this before, and I did (rudely) not help a family in front of the Land (2006/7?) who were getting angry with one another, their maps out, asking "where's future world?!"...."what is it?!" . I laughed (in my mind :drevil:) and didn't help them. But, I did later help a family (2008) who was new to the world and told them about SSE (they said outloud there was nothing inside the ball) and they went on inside and enjoyed it because I saw them in the post show. :D

Sweatshirters know Disney, like Disney, and are in ecstacy when they go to Disney. They get so caught up on the "magic" they never come down from Cloud 9, but do come to the boards complaining about the complainers because they (the sweatshirters) hardly find a flaw or rarely question anything Disney does.

I'm a Fanboy (trumpet sound :rolleyes:) but I don't go to the resorts looking for problems, I go to take a vacation, but if I do see something that really stands out to me, I'll discuss it online. My two gripes with WDW are the character invasion and some thematic/asthetic choices that took place between 1999-2001 :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Sweatshirters aren't stupid at/about the world. :wave: [I believe "newb(s)" would best describe individuals or groups that go to WDW or any other theme park/resort for that matter and do very little planning and research and end up going there, feeling confused, overwhelmed, and then complain about it to friends, family, or online as to how the place sucks.]

I've mentioned this before, and I did (rudely) not help a family in front of the Land (2006/7?) who were getting angry with one another, their maps out, asking "where's future world?!"...."what is it?!" . I laughed (in my mind :drevil:) and didn't help them. But, I did later help a family (2008) who was new to the world and told them about SSE (they said outloud there was nothing inside the ball) and they went on inside and enjoyed it because I saw them in the post show. :D

Sweatshirters know Disney, like Disney, and are in ecstacy when they go to Disney. They get so caught up on the "magic" they never come down from Cloud 9, but do come to the boards complaining about the complainers because they (the sweatshirters) hardly find a flew nor rarely question anything Disney does.

I'm a Fanboy (trumpet sound :rolleyes:) but I don't go to the resorts looking for problems, I go to take a vacation, but if I do see something that really stands out to me, I'll discuss it online. My two gripes with WDW are the character invasion and some thematic/asthetic choices that took place between 1999-2001 :lookaroun
Well put. :D

I'm in ecstacy constantly over Disney.:lookaroun:lol: Is that a bad thing? Do I loose my Fanboy title? ;)

Captain Chaos

I don't dislike the hat... But, if they removed it tomorrow I wouldn't mind.. I was there before the hat was build and to me, it felt the park was more wide open... Maybe move the hat outside the front gates.... if it can fit there...

Expo_Seeker40

The true icon of the park...the Chinese Theatre was a focal point...a weenie :lookaroun but not the icon.
5mio84.jpg

lazyboy97o

Really? I honestly think it's a lovely building.Nice colors, surprising structure, (tilted!) and great lighting effects. It's just in the wrong place.
Give me a recommendation as to where it could go, and I'll mock up some more perspectives.

I must be the only person who thinks it is ugly, regardless of context. It being tilted is not some technical marvel.

Indeed. Move it to bag check/park entrance and you keep a nice piece of architecture, IMHO.
Did you see the perspective mock ups? You just move the problem. It will still dominate Hollywood Boulevard and clash with its aesthetic.

EPCOT Explorer

Give me a recommendation as to where it could go, and I'll mock up some more perspectives.

I must be the only person who thinks it is ugly, regardless of context. It being tilted is not some technical marvel.

Did you see the perspective mock ups? You just move the problem. It will still dominate Hollywood Boulevard and clash with its aesthetic.
Earful Tower spot, while we move the Tower to the front like Expo drew?

Animation Courtyard?

I know putting it in Fantasmic made Morocco in EPCOT look bad, but I didn't mind that, oddly enough...:shrug:

Vernonpush

Give me a recommendation as to where it could go, and I'll mock up some more perspectives.I must be the only person who thinks it is ugly, regardless of context. It being tilted is not some technical marvel.

Backlot Tour?

Expo_Seeker40

the water tower in the planter or in a redesigned entrance plaza would make it clear that it's the icon of the park (along with lots and lots of merchandise featuring it :drevil:) it would be seen behind the crossroads of the world monument....and that's the only thing I can think of where it would appear much taller than the other buildings....as for the hat....:lookaroun

"Oh my God, look how MAGICAL it is Honey! Isn't it great how Mickey's MAGICAL hat brings such shinyness and class and makes Main Street appear so MAGICAL....oh it just makes the Magic Kingdom look so MAGICAL that....OH MY GOD....there's a sale on sweatshirts in the Emporium!"

15nx5bk.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

the water tower in the planter or in a redesigned entrance plaza would make it clear that it's the icon of the park (along with lots and lots of merchandise featuring it :drevil:) it would be seen behind the crossroads of the world monument....and that's the only thing I can think of where it would appear much taller than the other buildings....as for the hat....:lookaroun

"Oh my God, look how MAGICAL it is Honey! Isn't it great how Mickey's MAGICAL hat brings such shinyness and class and makes Main Street appear so MAGICAL....oh it just makes the Magic Kingdom look so MAGICAL that....OH MY GOD....there's a sale on sweatshirts in the Emporium!"

15nx5bk.jpg

OH MY GOD is right.:dazzle::brick::fork::lol::lol:

I don't mind the hat at all. But if the hat was removed I probably wouldn't miss it. I never got to see the park without the hat so I don't know what its like.

jakeman

Oh, and...Eh!? It just stood out to me. Not that hard to read a map. Or a sign.

Remember the thread you posted (I think it was you? ) about how WDW deserves a better guest? ;)
They do, but the other part was about deserving a better fan. :animwink:

What it comes down to is Fanboy (around here) is not derogitory, DoM and Sweatshirters are. It's intent, and I think that most people who use those terms know that.

Back on topic, if they are going through the whole effort of removing the hat and relocating it, they should be able to rescale it to a certain extent elsewhere. Even finding a way to shave 10 feet off would solve some of the sight line problem.

EPCOT Explorer

They do, but the other part was about deserving a better fan. :animwink:

What it comes down to is Fanboy (around here) is not derogitory, DoM and Sweatshirters are. It's intent, and I think that most people who use those terms know that.

Back on topic, if they are going through the whole effort of removing the hat and relocating it, they should be able to rescale it to a certain extent elsewhere. Even finding a way to shave 10 feet off would solve some of the sight line problem.

Right. So you see my point. :wave:

And I think "Fanboy" is used in the same context as DoM and Sweatshirter.:shrug: If you want to be offended by a joke, I won't stop you...:lol: I'm fine with it.

And yes, back on topic...In all honesty, I think that if they tear this thing down, it's gone. Moving it would be nice, so as to keep it part of DHS, but it's very unlikely.

Does anyone remember my idea to move the Wand outside the park and put it near the Monorail Tracks on the way to EPCOT?:lookaroun:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom