Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Vernonpush

The hat was constructed over a large circular flower planter (it was mickey's nose as seen from the air)....it was all about location, location, location......ironically the same location, location, location selected for the Chinese Theatre. :brick: :dazzle:

Does anyone have any leads as to when/if this hat is going away in a few years?! :veryconfu

I'm hoping it's not that far away!:lol:

Expo_Seeker40

hopefully it will be gone by October 1, 2011...right........right?..............right? :lookaroun

It would take a week at the most to demolish the hat and repave over the site with cement blocks.

Expo_Seeker40

here's hoping....it won't be as expensive to take down the wand....they could er....really demolish it Ty Peddington style in one night while the park is closed and then remove the equipement and patch up the area in a matter of a few days.....or they could just beam it to mars or have it blocking the view of the tree of life :lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

yes, adding flowers or a fountain would be nice, but Disney's recent track records usually paves something over and leaves it that way :dazzle:

HMF

And add in the Statue of Walt and Camera like Expo said...:D
How about this statue?
mastergracey-albums-buena-vista-street-disney-s-california-adventure-project-tracker-image-gallery-picture357-artist-rendering-copyright-disney-seen-disneyland-resort-casttv.gif

JWG

here's hoping....it won't be as expensive to take down the wand....they could er....really demolish it Ty Peddington style in one night while the park is closed and then remove the equipement and patch up the area in a matter of a few days.....or they could just beam it to mars or have it blocking the view of the tree of life :lookaroun

It should be easier, cheaper, faster. You don't need the skilled deconstruction work to avoid damaging a giant sphere directly underneath it. Heck, you could attach a tow truck to it and drive away.

yes, adding flowers or a fountain would be nice, but Disney's recent track records usually paves something over and leaves it that way :dazzle:

No doubt, remember what the plaza behind SSE USED to look like before the purple tarps and cement?

Expo_Seeker40

It was a concept I came up with for the DCA remodeling but I altered the idea for DHS.

At DCA.....instead of "Partners"....you would have Walt Disney, the Director.

His back is to us...we are behind him as we walk down the street heading to the Carthay Circle Theatre. He is off to the side of the camera, putting a new reel of film into the old fashioned movie camera. We notice there are a few steps leading up to the camera on a tripod. As you walk up to the camera, you can look through the eyepiece (this being a bronze sculpture) and can see a clear 4:3 shot of the Carthay Circle Theatre....which eventually became a very important part of Disney History when Walt Disney had Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs premiere there.

For DHS....if the hat were to go...I would use a modified version of the Director's Statue already in existance off Hollywood Blvd....though I think I would keep the nameless director face and use him to represent all aspiring filmakers....and his camera lens would offer a clear shot of the chinese theatre where guests could look through the eye piece and see the great movie ride. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

No doubt, remember what the plaza behind SSE USED to look like before the purple tarps and cement?
Heck yes! It was beautiful! Green, cool, futuristic...EPCOT.:cool::eek:

It was a concept I came up with for the DCA remodeling but I altered the idea for DHS.

At DCA.....instead of "Partners"....you would have Walt Disney, the Director.

His back is to us...we are behind him as we walk down the street heading to the Carthay Circle Theatre. He is off to the side of the camera, putting a new reel of film into the old fashioned movie camera. We notice there are a few steps leading up to the camera on a tripod. As you walk up the camera, you can look through the eyepiece (this being a bronze sculpture) and can see a clear 4:3 shot of the Carthay Circle Theatre....which eventually became a very important part of Disney History when Walt Disney had Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs premiere there.

For DHS....if the hat were to go...I would use a modified version of the Director's Statue already in existance off hollywood blvd....though I think I would keep the nameless director face and use him to represent all aspiring filmakers....and his camera would be facing a clear shot to the chinese theatre where guests could look through the eye piece and see this the great movie ride. :wave:

Either way, it's VERY well thought.:D

Vernonpush

It would still be sticking out over the Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard buildings. Placing it there, which I believe is actually a bit of a hill, would probably also make it visible inside EPCOT Center.

But take out the 10'+ of "retail space" (Pin store) below....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom