Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

jmuboy

I don't think that the GP cares about the hat that much. It's really not that Iconic to me. I'm sure they would much rather have the street with the Chinese Theater at the end as the park was intended to have.

jakeman

The people who have it locked in their memories were either
A. Born after 2001.
B. Did not go to WDW before 2001.
Just some interesting math in this. Making the untrue assumption that an equal number of people attend DHS each year, 40% of DHS parkgoers would have no memory of a time without the hat.

That is a significant minority

EPCOT Explorer

The people who have it locked in their memories were either
A. Born after 2001.
B. Did not go to WDW before 2001.
Same with the Wand and they are fine.:lol::lookaroun
Just some interesting math in this. Making the untrue assumption that an equal number of people attend DHS each year, 40% of DHS parkgoers would have no memory of a time without the hat.

That is a significant minority

Oxymoron?:lookaroun

We still can vote them out.:mad::ROFLOL:

Expo_Seeker40

Sweatshirters tend to simply like something because it looks nice....after that...they don't seem to try and understand why the object they like is there in the first place.

jt04

Sweatshirters tend to simply like something because it looks nice....after that...they don't seem to try and understand why the object they like is there in the first place.

I was going to ask if their parents wore sweatshirts but you beat me to it.

Anyway, I have no artistic talent but I do know good design when I see it and the hat is just not good design.

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed.

I remember walking through FW and hearing a family point at SSE (with wand, mind you) and saying: "Let's ride the Epacot next!!":rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:
Anyway, I have no artistic talent but I do know good design when I see it and the hat is just not good design.

Really? I honestly think it's a lovely building.Nice colors, surprising structure, (tilted!) and great lighting effects. It's just in the wrong place.

jakeman

Isn't labeling people fun? Like, fanboys are never happy and only go to the parks to look for problem.

I remember walking through FW and hearing a family point at SSE (with wand, mind you) and saying: "Let's ride the Epacot next!!":rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:
Maybe it was their first trip? Chances are they probably aren't the DoMs or Sweatshirt Moms, or whatever derogitory name fans have for common guest who have not reached fanboy nirvana.

Has anyone stopped for a minute and thought, "how would these people feel if I went up to them in the park and told them what I called them, and the explained why I called them that?"

You might as well call them idiots or morons. Dressing up your insults in other words do not make the meaning any less. The simple fact is they enjoy Disney in a different way than you (plural) and you rale against them for.

DisneyChik17

Really? I honestly think it's a lovely building.Nice colors, surprising structure, (tilted!) and great lighting effects. It's just in the wrong place.

My thought exactly. No one would be THAT angry or bothered by it if it were not so misplaced. I blocks a very iconic building replica & ride and is nothing more than a shrunken Camp Mickey/Minnie.

EPCOT Explorer

Isn't labeling people fun? Like, fanboys are never happy and only go to the parks to look for problem.

Maybe it was their first trip? Chances are they probably aren't the DoMs or Sweatshirt Moms, or whatever derogitory name fans have for common guest who have not reached fanboy nirvana.

Has anyone stopped for a minute and thought, "how would these people feel if I went up to them in the park and told them what I called them, and the explained why I called them that?"

You might as well call them idiots or morons. Dressing up your insults in other words do not make the meaning any less. The simple fact is they enjoy Disney in a different way than you (plural) and you rale against them for.

First off, it's a joke. ;) It's possible to be a DoM and a Fanboy at the same time.:lol:: Depends on the issue/ride/situation.

Second-Yeah, it's labeling, but it's all in fun. It's not like this is racial prejudice, or stereotyping that's going to cause a cataclysmic event in the World. (el o el Disney/World pun):lookaroun The Fanboy name isn't exactly wonderful either, and we get called it too. I don't mind. When you look at this from a humorous angle and explain it as this, as you suggested, it is pretty funny. And stupid, yes I said it myself.

Third- You call us Fanboys yourself.

We call ourselves Fanboys.

Maybe it should be a title.:lol:

jt04

Agreed.

I was thinking the same thing until people posted all the photoshopped perspectives and they all caused sight line problems depending on where it was placed. I don't classify it as a building anymore than the wand was a building. And the fact it is a pin shop only makes it worse.

When they were building it I thought it was going to have some sort of special effects when standing under it and that it was actually designed as a minor attraction. I thought it would have a screen overhead like the "Freemont Street Experience" :D with Disney Animation/Movies/Music presented on the screen. But alas it turned out to be.......a pin store.:( :brick: Pathetic concept, pathetic design, :hurl:

Just my opinion though.

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, and...Eh!? It just stood out to me. Not that hard to read a map. Or a sign.

Remember the thread you posted (I think it was you? ) about how WDW deserves a better guest? ;)

EPCOT Explorer

My thought exactly. No one would be THAT angry or bothered by it if it were not so misplaced. I blocks a very iconic building replica & ride and is nothing more than a shrunken Camp Mickey/Minnie.
Indeed. Move it to bag check/park entrance and you keep a nice piece of architecture, IMHO.
I was thinking the same thing until people posted all the photoshopped perspectives and they all caused sight line problems depending on where it was placed. I don't classify it as a building anymore than the wand was a building. And the fact it is a pin shop only makes it worse.

When they were building it I thought it was going to have some sort of special effects when standing under it and that it was actually designed as a minor attraction. I thought it would have a screen overhead like the "Freemont Street Experience" :D with Disney Animation/Movies/Music presented on the screen. But alas it turned out to be.......a pin store.:( :brick: Pathetic concept, pathetic design, :hurl:

Just my opinion though.

Eh. I'm sure it could be place in a location where it's not bothering anything.

(and if that place does not exist it could be placed in the boneyard. I won't mind.:lol::lookaroun)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom