Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

RiversideBunny

It would still be sticking out over the Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard buildings. Placing it there, which I believe is actually a bit of a hill, would probably also make it visible inside EPCOT Center.

No, don't go past the existing outside portion of the entry area.
Not past the fence or whatever it is that divides the areas- Don't go up the hill at all.
Just put it in that flat open area to the right as you enter the park.

The actual footprint, the space needed on the ground, for the Hat isn't really very large.
People could even walk under it as they do now.

Tks.
:)

lazyboy97o

But take out the 10'+ of "retail space" (Pin store) below....
You cannot just take 10 feet off the bottom. That is all apart of how the structure was designed.

No, don't go past the existing outside portion of the entry area.
Not past the fence or whatever it is that divides the areas- Don't go up the hill at all.
Just put it in that flat open area to the right as you enter the park.

The actual footprint, the space needed on the ground, for the Hat isn't really very large.
People could even walk under it as they do now.

Tks.
You would still see it sticking out over the buildings inside the park.

AEfx

Man.... I have not be on in quite some time and people are still complaining about this?:ROFLOL: STOP ALREADY!!!!!

If you had a boil on your butt, and it was still there 10 years later and you have no power to have it removed, wouldn't you still complain? ;)

However, there have been hints lately that it's actually going to happen, which is why you'll find it's a hot topic again.

DABIGCHEEZ

If you had a boil on your butt, and it was still there 10 years later and you have no power to have it removed, wouldn't you still complain? ;)

However, there have been hints lately that it's actually going to happen, which is why you'll find it's a hot topic again.

Well the problem is that it isn't and it really isn't hurting me(or any of us) at all. It is just a building that they chose to build some 10 years ago. I don't like some buildings/attractions they have built over the years. I choose not to go in/on them when I visit. I also don't like all TV stations or radio stations in my cable package or radio. So I don't listen to them. If it really bothers someone to look at the Hat... don't go to DHS. If it bothers someone soo much that Disney chose to use the Hat as their park icon....they need to sit on a long couch and talk to someone with a PhD.

I am just trying to understand why people are still so upset about this. I know the addiction to pixiedust is strong and this is just my opinion.

RiversideBunny

Most people don't have any objection to the Hat itself at all.
It's where it's located that's the problem.

Its current location blocks the classic view of the Chinese Theatre, e.g., the Great Movie Ride building.

jt04

Most people don't have any objection to the Hat itself at all.
It's where it's located that's the problem.

Its current location blocks the classic view of the Chinese Theatre, e.g., the Great Movie Ride building.

I used to be for "relocation" until I saw the photoshops of it. Hideous.

Now I object to the hat vehemently. :hurl:

AEfx

Well the problem is that it isn't and it really isn't hurting me(or any of us) at all....

LOL, it was a joke, man. Hence the ;).

RiversideBunny hit the nail on the head though. The Studios already had a lovely park icon, one that evoked the Classic Hollywood that the entrance tries to capture. Then they stuck a big hat in the middle of it.

I think the hat would be great elsewhere. Nothing wrong with a Mickey icon! However, there are a dozen better places for it that wouldn't ruin the surrounding area.

It's the same with the Big Ugly Wand. Here you have this beautiful, world-renowned architectural marvel, and they put a wand up with awful visible scaffolding that entirely ruined the historic image.

It's not like people are kvetching that an attraction closed, or that people don't like changes/development (although that is certainly true), it's these two specific things that were part of an ill-conceived "placemaking" program pushed by marketers and not Imagineers.

And, as I said above, you'll find that many of us had indeed given up discussing this, but hints abound that it's coming down, and since the Wand already did, we are all hoping for the best. :)

hrcollectibles

LOL, it was a joke, man. Hence the ;).

RiversideBunny hit the nail on the head though. The Studios already had a lovely park icon, one that evoked the Classic Hollywood that the entrance tries to capture. Then they stuck a big hat in the middle of it.

I thought the Icon of the park was the Water Tower

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom