Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Enchantâmes

No the Hat itself IS the problem... It clashes with the Hollywood theme. There is absolutely no reason why it is still there except for marketing. Imagineers want it gone as well, and I could care less what is under it it just ruins the themeing and the view of the Chinese Theater period.

It clashes with the Hollywood theme? What? It's what Hollywood is, big, bold, outrageous!

Do you know some Imagineers personally? I assume they are the one's who also put it there.

What make the Chinese theater so good? It's a boring front and nothing to get excited about.
Ok first of all its meant to be as the classic Hollywood, second it was said earlier that the hat was meant to be temporary. Third The Chinese Theater is NOT boring, you may think so but hey that's your personal problem. I think its a beautiful "front".

HMF

Well....They are getting a Theater too..:lol::lol:

They could be having this same argument then.:lol:
Don't worry Bob Weiss is in charge of this project and there is no hat being built.
A thought just occured to me. Do you think they would have gone through the hassle of changing the Earful Tower to say Disney's Hollywood Studios. Wouldn't it be easier and cost less just to tear it down if the Hat was going to be the new "Permanent Icon"?

HMF

I know.:dazzle:

What I was saying that there will be a debacle about the icon: Peak or Theatre?
My understanding is that the Theater will replace Grizzly Peak as the official park icon. It works better in promo ads with Sleeping Beauty Castle' anyway.

EPCOT Explorer

Don't worry Bob Weiss is in charge of this project and there is no hat being built.
A thought just occured to me. Do you think they would have gone through the hassle of changing the Earful Tower to say Disney's Hollywood Studios. Wouldn't it be easier and cost less just to tear it down if the Hat was going to be the new "Permanent Icon"?
Why would they tear down the Tower? It's the icon...Or it was the icon....Or it WILL be the icon...Or it was a prominent part of the park...:lookaroun:lol:

Tubes

Before this becomes a thread about , I think the only good thing the Hat did was shield the Chinese Theater exterior while they where doing work on the Great Movie Ride. When the ride is running, though, it instead is like sitting behind a tall person at a show/sporting event. You can tell something exciting is in front of you, but you can't see it because the big hat is in the way.

RSoxNo1

And this whole debacle reminds me of DCA. Is that Sun Fountain the icon because it's in the center of the park? Nope.

Grizzly peak is....

On the Disney site, the Sun Fountain is regarded as the park's icon. It's used as the label for DCA on the crowd calendar and for attractions, the other 5 stateside parks use their park icons so it's safe to assume that the Sun Fountain is the park icon for now. However, I recognize on other promotional materials Grizzly Peak is used as the icon, so I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to convince anyone otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom