Is Poly worth the extra money??

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Are 2 bathrooms standard in a DVC Villa studio?? Thanks

Correction..... I saw a later post.... But still confused... Lol- there are 2 showers, 2 sinks, and only 1 toilet?
Yes all Deluxe Studios at Poly are the same setup but yes only one toilet but 2 seperate bathroom areas one with a tub/shower and sink and one with a large shower and sink. :)

21stamps

Hi i am looking at standard rooms....not dvc..should i request any particular longhouse?
My favorite is Tuvalu it is the farthest from the TTC, but very convenient to the boat launch/pool/great ceremonial house..and my fave- the luau cove beach. It's very quiet there, and the bungalows do not have any impact on your view!

I think it maybe took us 7 minutes to walk from Tuvalu to TTC when going to Epcot.

TeachingTink

Words cannot express how awesome we think the Poly is! Having stayed there many years growing up, and bringing our family there a few years ago Club Level, the Poly is at the top of our list! One of the nicest things (outside of the super friendly staff) is the fact that you can walk to the TTC. This year we are staying at the Grand because we actually got a bigger discount, but we will be visiting the poly multiple times for meals/shopping. The view from Y&B looks fantastic, and it is on our list to do as well. But, you honestly cannot go wrong with the Poly.
Mahalo!

bethymouse

Aotearoa was nice. It was close to the Luau Cove, but close enough to the Great Ceremonial House. We did not have a balcony, and our room faced the monorail.

DisneyPrincess5

Mine and DHs first trip together was at the Polynesian and we fell in love. We stayed there only once more (so far!) and loved it equally as much as the first time. For us, it holds a special place. But generally speaking, it's a unique adventure to stay there. Lush and bold greenery, love the GCH and dining, of course location and proximity to MK is awesome, and so much more.

If you've never been, it's worth trying at least once.

Jayandjack2

I prefer the Yacht & Beach Club (Y&BC). The Crescent Lake area is lovely. It's debatably WDW's best location, within walking distance of 2 theme parks. Stormalong Bay is WDW's #1 hotel swimming pool. The bars and restaurants at the 5 Crescent Lake hotels provide plenty of variety for adults who don't want to deal with Disney Springs crowds. The Boardwalk offers some nighttime entertainment, and can be fun immediately after Epcot closing.

At the Poly, the Monorail is wonderful when headed to the Magic Kingdom and also is convenient for Epcot. The Poly's new pool is nice. The 3 Monorail Resort bars and restaurants are enjoyable (although harder to get reservations at so plan 6 months out). And of course there are Dole Whips!

The thing is, rack rates at non-club level rooms average about 35% more at the Poly.

So the question is: Is the Poly worth 35% more than the Y&BC?

IMHO, the Y&BC is better even if the price were the same.

View attachment 149013

I guess it all comes down to: How much do you value being near the Magic Kingdom? ;)
I totally agree with you! We stayed at Poly in March and it was great but my family prefers YC/BC too. It seems way more laid back and not nearly as many people everywhere.

BigRedDad

It depends on how much you like your money versus how much you like to give to the Mouse. Personally, I like my money and prefer it to work for me. That is my mind set. If a Deluxe resort is only a little bit more, I will spend the extra. If it is still $350 a night, I am perfectly happy saving $2,000 on my trip.

surfsupdon

Monorail can be a pain in the butt. It's always painted as super convenient but the TTC transfer is annoying and it's not a very pretty area even if you walk there instead. Monorail hours vary and sometimes are out of service, and often get stopped on the beam waiting for clearance ahead as you are packed like rats inside.

Under perfect conditions I bet the monorail is a dream come true tho.

TXDisney

I like Poly and GF significantly more than the contemporary bc of decoration, obviously they're all the same location pretty much. But I'd offer the idea of maybe staying at YC or BC.

CaptainAmerica

The Poly is great, but DAK Lodge is equally great (and much cheaper). My general position is that the "low end" deluxe resorts are worth it but the monorail resorts are not.

21stamps

It depends on how much you like your money versus how much you like to give to the Mouse. Personally, I like my money and prefer it to work for me. That is my mind set. If a Deluxe resort is only a little bit more, I will spend the extra. If it is still $350 a night, I am perfectly happy saving $2,000 on my trip.
Where/how is everyone getting these $350 per night rooms at Poly that I keep reading about??
I like Poly and GF significantly more than the contemporary bc of decoration, obviously they're all the same location pretty much. But I'd offer the idea of maybe staying at YC or BC.
I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your photo. Gorgeous!

OG Runner

The Polynesian is a remarkable resort. We stayed twice during the 90's. One time close enough to hear the Luau show each night, which honestly was a treat. Alooooooooooooooha! The "cost" now for the same package we had is over $7,000. I just think there are many other things at WDW that you can spend that money on.

Matt and Kelly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom