Is Poly worth the extra money??

Pghdrumr

I was there last week. I happen to get a really nice passholder rate on one of the DVC Villas. The room was terrific and had two bathrooms which was a bonus for our family. I can say that the Poly was worth every dollar I spent. The location can't be beat. Two pools, with poolside drinks and food service, beautiful landscaping everywhere you look, and a great staff. I can't think of a reason not to stay there other than price. Our longhouse was Tokelau, which is located right next to the Oasis pool. We were close to the main lobby, and had an easy walk to the TTC to head straight to EPCOT. This is the best Deluxe resort in my opinion.

mrs moon

Original Poster
I was there last week. I happen to get a really nice passholder rate on one of the DVC Villas. The room was terrific and had two bathrooms which was a bonus for our family. I can say that the Poly was worth every dollar I spent. The location can't be beat. Two pools, with poolside drinks and food service, beautiful landscaping everywhere you look, and a great staff. I can't think of a reason not to stay there other than price. Our longhouse was Tokelau, which is located right next to the Oasis pool. We were close to the main lobby, and had an easy walk to the TTC to head straight to EPCOT. This is the best Deluxe resort in my opinion.
Thats brilliant,thank you x

Unomas

We just got back and it's the best Disney resort I've ever stayed in. Location was key. We bought DVC there and this was our first trip. The monorail from longhouse Moorea was actually closer to the TTC than the Great Ceremonial House (main lobby). This kind of access to both Epcot and MK is unmatched.

sheriffwoody

I've not stayed there, but that's what we're saving for to do in 2018 for our 5 year anniversary and my 30th birthday. From everything I've heard, it will definitely be worth it. I've been lucky enough to stay in other deluxes on the monorail line, and I would happily save up my money to experience them again! The location can't be beat, and the theming at the Poly is just exceptional.

Tinkerbell397

So nice to hear. We are planing our first stay as owners of PVC for September 2017. Our plan is to book 2 studios; one for my husband and me and one for my daughter, son in law and 2 grand babies. So looking forward to the trip! The last time we stayed at the Poly, our children were 11 and 13. :cat:

wdwfan22

We love the Polynesian. I'm staying there again in August. The grounds are amazing, location amazing, shops, dining options, rooms and pools are also amazing. You are sure to have a great time!

rob0519

Worth is relative. As the other posters have said, the resort is unique. We've stayed there twice and would stay there again if it fits our trip budget. I don't know your trip plan, but if you don't plan to take advantage of the grounds and the pools and just sleep there after days at the parks you may not feel you've gotten your money's worth. Just an opinion from our own experiences.

ParentsOf4

I prefer the Yacht & Beach Club (Y&BC). The Crescent Lake area is lovely. It's debatably WDW's best location, within walking distance of 2 theme parks. Stormalong Bay is WDW's #1 hotel swimming pool. The bars and restaurants at the 5 Crescent Lake hotels provide plenty of variety for adults who don't want to deal with Disney Springs crowds. The Boardwalk offers some nighttime entertainment, and can be fun immediately after Epcot closing.

At the Poly, the Monorail is wonderful when headed to the Magic Kingdom and also is convenient for Epcot. The Poly's new pool is nice. The 3 Monorail Resort bars and restaurants are enjoyable (although harder to get reservations at so plan 6 months out). And of course there are Dole Whips!

The thing is, rack rates at non-club level rooms average about 35% more at the Poly.

So the question is: Is the Poly worth 35% more than the Y&BC?

IMHO, the Y&BC is better even if the price were the same.

Beach_Club.jpg

I guess it all comes down to: How much do you value being near the Magic Kingdom? ;)

Last edited:

21stamps

Worth it is subjective, but if you are willing to spend the money-then Yes it Is!!
Tuvalu is my fave building, 3rd floor. Right next to the Luau Cove beach which is so peaceful. Gorgeous views as well! Although I don't think anywhere on property would have a horrible view. I love the music being played, the tiki torches, sitting in the hot tub with a delicious adult beverage, ordering tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes from room service for breakfast, sitting and watching the water taxis, and the MK attractions before starting the day. The walking trails and entire ambiance is so unique, something that you can't get at GF, but it's great that you can walk over there to enjoy a meal :)

As for pools- I actually prefer the Poly pool to Stormalong Bay, especially with a child. But that's just personal preference. Also, swimming while the EWP is passing by while Wishes are in the sky- totally magic.

Here's a pic of one of my fave moments- if this doesn't make you feel like it is "worth it" to stay there then nothing will. It's making me want to go back tomorrow!!lol
image.jpeg

epcotisbest

Worth it is subjective, but if you are willing to spend the money-then Yes it Is!!
Tuvalu is my fave building, 3rd floor. Right next to the Luau Cove beach which is so peaceful. Gorgeous views as well! Although I don't think anywhere on property would have a horrible view. I love the music being played, the tiki torches, sitting in the hot tub with a delicious adult beverage, ordering tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes from room service for breakfast, sitting and watching the water taxis, and the MK attractions before starting the day. The walking trails and entire ambiance is so unique, something that you can't get at GF, but it's great that you can walk over there to enjoy a meal :)

As for pools- I actually prefer the Poly pool to Stormalong Bay, especially with a child. But that's just personal preference. Also, swimming while the EWP is passing by while Wishes are in the sky- totally magic.

Here's a pic of one of my fave moments- if this doesn't make you feel like it is "worth it" to stay there then nothing will. It's making me want to go back tomorrow!!lolView attachment 149014
Now that is a view right there.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

Just to add for anyone reading. There is not 2 full bathrooms in the studios. Yes there is 2 seperate bathing/sink areas, but there is only one toilet. Just wanted to clarify for anyone not familiar with the setup of the 2 bathroom areas at Poly in the Deluxe Studio DVC rooms.
Being worth it is totally up to each individual. We love deluxe resorts and are spoiled to them (as to why we joined DVC at AKV in 2013 lol) but albeit I love to visit Poly every trip to dine and shop but we have yet to stay there as my fave on the monorail line is GF. Plus we like 1-2 bed villas and all Poly has is studios and the bungalows (which are too many points for us. Lol) Anywho it's a beautiful resort and if you have always wanted to stay there and can afford it do it! ;)

Last edited:

wdwfan22

I prefer the Yacht & Beach Club (Y&BC). The Crescent Lake area is lovely. It's debatably WDW's best location, within walking distance of 2 theme parks. Stormalong Bay is WDW's #1 hotel swimming pool. The bars and restaurants at the 5 Crescent Lake hotels provide plenty of variety for adults who don't want to deal with Disney Springs crowds. The Boardwalk offers some nighttime entertainment, and can be fun immediately after Epcot closing.

At the Poly, the Monorail is wonderful when headed to the Magic Kingdom and also is convenient for Epcot. The Poly's new pool is nice. The 3 Monorail Resort bars and restaurants are enjoyable (although harder to get reservations at so plan 6 months out). And of course there are Dole Whips!

The thing is, rack rates at non-club level rooms average about 35% more at the Poly.

So the question is: Is the Poly worth 35% more than the Y&BC?

IMHO, the Y&BC is better even if the price were the same.

View attachment 149013

I guess it all comes down to: How much do you value being near the Magic Kingdom? ;)

Sorry but the rooms do not average 35% more at the Poly. Yes they are more but not 35% more on average. Example Summer season Poly is $533 and Beach Club is $477

21stamps

Sorry but the rooms do not average 35% more at the Poly. Yes they are more but not 35% more on average. Example Summer season Poly is $533 and Beach Club is $477
From what I've sen they are usually about $100 per night difference standard view at both. It's the views that really change it. A theme park view room is always @ $200 more than a standard view at Poly. I'm not sure about lagoon vs lagoon view, but I'd say prob around $150 per night difference.

The Boardwalk is on my short list when we switch to Epcot resorts! It's the only one of those 3 that I haven't done. I know I'm in the minority, but I think my kid would really enjoy the Luna pool.

ParentsOf4

Please recall that I wrote "rack rates at non-club level rooms average about 35% more at the Poly."

I'm comparing all rack rates for all seasons. This includes the Poly's "Theme Park View" rooms, something the Y&BC doesn't have.

Looking at the least expensive room category (weeknight Standard View) for the entire year, the Poly is 18.9% more expensive.

I can cherry-pick nights to reduce the gap. For example, on the evening of July 10, a Standard View room at the Poly is $533.25 (including tax). A similar room at the Beach Club for that same night is $462.38 (including tax). For this particular night, the Poly is 15.3% more expensive.

In general, Guests pay premiums for the Monorail Resorts.

JillC LI

Hi what are your views on this?...Am i saving hard for something that i could feel just as happy in somewhere cheaper or is the Poly a unique experience!!

Depends on your travelling habits. We literally just shower and sleep in our room so spending money on a deluxe would be a waste for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom