Is it time to allow well behave dogs in the resorts?

jav

In this time and age families travel with their pets but it's a shame that you have to house them somewhere else. Disney should set aside some rooms as pet friendly, say a bldg at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Treehouse Villas, where you could be away from guest who don't like pets. Some of these rooms on the first floor already have a patio with grass. There are thousands of pet friendly restaurants and hotels around the country and we choose those businesses over the ones that are not, surprisingly they are quieter and cleaner. How many times you go to a restaurant and a kid is climbing over the booth, screaming, or if in a hotel they wake you up at 5am from the room above or next door jumping, screaming. Business that have tried this have increased their business and customers keep coming back.

powlessfamily4

I am a pet lover, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 dwarf hamster and 1 hermit crab that just keeps living.

Having said that... I do NOT want to vacation with your pets anymore then you want to vacation with mine. I don't want your pets hair all over me nor their slobber and heavy panting. I don't want your cats butt in my face or to be forced to pet them. The only vacation you should take your pets on is one way deep into the woods where noone minds that your not bothering to pick up their waste. I don't want to stay in a hotel room that reeks of poodle, feces and y cat urine. I don't want to dwell around chewed up furniture and see pat hair embedded in the carpet.

Please do not tell me how lovable your little babies are..... I have watched your "perfectly trained dogs" go for each others throats at Petsmart and have heard all the "it's a alpha dog domination thing" speeches after they have been pulled away from each other. This is why I don't take my pets to Petsmart. Get a housesitter, ask a friend to feed them or board them in a kennel. They don't belong at Disney.

By the way... when you put them in your car and travel with them, you smell like a stinky dog when you get out. Your also covered in hair and the rest of us shy away from you in the elevators. Also, no one wants to ride in your car because it stinks.

:) Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

I am a pet lover, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 dwarf hamster and 1 hermit crab that just keeps living.

Having said that... I do NOT want to vacation with your pets anymore then you want to vacation with mine. I don't want your pets hair all over me nor their slobber and heavy panting. I don't want your cats butt in my face or to be forced to pet them. The only vacation you should take your pets on is one way deep into the woods where noone minds that your not bothering to pick up their waste. I don't want to stay in a hotel room that reeks of poodle, feces and y cat urine. I don't want to dwell around chewed up furniture and see pat hair embedded in the carpet.

Please do not tell me how lovable your little babies are..... I have watched your "perfectly trained dogs" go for each others throats at Petsmart and have heard all the "it's a alpha dog domination thing" speeches after they have been pulled away from each other. This is why I don't take my pets to Petsmart. Get a housesitter, ask a friend to feed them or board them in a kennel. They don't belong at Disney.

By the way... when you put them in your car and travel with them, you smell like a stinky dog when you get out. Your also covered in hair and the rest of us shy away from you in the elevators. Also, no one wants to ride in your car because it stinks.

:) Have a nice day.

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

stratman50th

LEAVE YOUR FRIGGIN DOG AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!! It's not a human. It's not a member of the family. IT'S A PET PEOPLE! You don't need to bring little rex along with you when you leave the house. There are people in the world that are highly allergic to your stupid pet. You are being inconsiderate when you take your dog to a restaurant or shopping. Some of my family members are highly allergic to pet dander and it ticks me off when I see someone with their stupid dog in a restaurant. But hey, what does it matter if someone (a human) gets sick and has to go to the hospital as long as you get to bring your dog with you to eat. Right!?! We made it where smokers can't smoke inside maybe that should be the next cause to make people leave their dog at home.
So Joe, tell us how you really feel! :lol:

Upvote 0

alawrence

I just read 5 pages of comments on this subject, and I do not think that I have seen a single positive comment about dogs being at the park. Count me in the "I think that it is a terrible idea" category.

:wave:

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Well, we are staying at FWC this next trip and our 3 dogs are staying home! I know my dogs and will be the first one to tell you that at least one of them is a royal pain in the butt. We have had her for 11+ years now and she hasn't changed in the fact that she thinks she owns the whole neighborhood and is loud about it. Would I take her to a campground where I know her mouth would probably get us evicted; no. Part of the problem is her breed is yappy, but eleven years ago we made a commitment when we brought her into the family, until death do us part.
We also have a husky, and one with part husky -- hmm husky + Florida = very unhappy dog. So for their own good they stay home with a loving dog sitter that spoils them rotten and we're all very happy to see each other at that end of the trip.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I just read 5 pages of comments on this subject, and I do not think that I have seen a single positive comment about dogs being at the park. Count me in the "I think that it is a terrible idea" category.

I don't believe the original poster wanted his dog in the park, but in the hotel, and perhaps a restaurant???

Upvote 0

MansionGoer13z

LEAVE YOUR FRIGGIN DOG AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!! It's not a human. It's not a member of the family. IT'S A PET PEOPLE! You don't need to bring little rex along with you when you leave the house. There are people in the world that are highly allergic to your stupid pet. You are being inconsiderate when you take your dog to a restaurant or shopping. Some of my family members are highly allergic to pet dander and it ticks me off when I see someone with their stupid dog in a restaurant. But hey, what does it matter if someone (a human) gets sick and has to go to the hospital as long as you get to bring your dog with you to eat. Right!?! We made it where smokers can't smoke inside maybe that should be the next cause to make people leave their dog at home.

MAY THE RAGE OF THE GODS DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!!

Also....

THIS IS SPARTA!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
In this time and age families travel with their pets but it's a shame that you have to house them somewhere else. Disney should set aside some rooms as pet friendly, say a bldg at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Treehouse Villas, where you could be away from guest who don't like pets. Some of these rooms on the first floor already have a patio with grass. There are thousands of pet friendly restaurants and hotels around the country and we choose those businesses over the ones that are not, surprisingly they are quieter and cleaner. How many times you go to a restaurant and a kid is climbing over the booth, screaming, or if in a hotel they wake you up at 5am from the room above or next door jumping, screaming. Business that have tried this have increased their business and customers keep coming back.

I love pets and animals as much as the next person - but no way. Even the most well behaved animals still bark and need to be taken out. And no matter how good of a puppy parent you are, not everyone is as considerate.

Upvote 0

Disneygal1

The only resort in WDW that is considered pet friendly is Fort Wilderness. Every year my family camps, and we bring both our cat and dog. Disney has that new pet kennel. I forget what it is called, but I heard that it is pretty nice. I don't think we will be seeing any other pet friendly resorts due to allergies and what not.

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I am the president of the local animal shelter in my town and I want to add that this is a really bad plan. Why would someone want to take an animal to WDW and keep them lock in a room all day while they visit parks and other places on the resort.

Upvote 0

AlishaMisha

I go to Disney in the winters. What we do is hire a family friend to move into our house and take care of our pets at the cost it would be to kennel them. It is more comfortable for the pet and you can call home whenever you like to check up on them. Honestly, I don't like kenneling because it makes for a stressful, unfamiliar situation for the pet. I have an emotional and clingy dog. I just got back from WDW after being there for over 5 weeks. She was fine, I was fine.

As for the comment about companion dogs. Honestly I can see why you feel this way because sadly the papers set in place for people who really need it has been abused. Don't judge a person because their dog doesn't have a vest. Personally I have thought about having the papers at some point for one of my pets(mind you they are not always dogs, you can have a horse if you wanted to or a snake). I have issues with face-to-face socialization that is tough to get through. For me a dog would be an icebreaker when I am feeling anxious, or when I am in a situation where I am panicking I can feel like I am not alone, or I can focus my energy on them. Sometimes people need a little extra help to make their days a little more livable. Just because someone isn't blind or has a severe, obvious disability does not mean they don't deserve to have the opportunity to improve their life. Some disabilities are not obvious. For me I have Severe Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, ADHD, Depression, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that make life beyond difficult. If you passed me on the streets I may look functional, but sadly that is not the case. If I can do something to make my life even an ounce easier each day I would embrace it. Cause honestly, when you have disabilities you will exhaust every resource you can get your hands on to improve your quality of life. Don't judge because some people abuse the system, just judge that person who admits to it.

Upvote 0

gardenia

I won't stay in a resort that allows dogs, ever. And I have told Disney that in surveys many times. I stayed at Royal Pacific (Universal) once where they allow animals, and got mauled at every corner by uncontrolled, unruly pets. Hated it.

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

Hasn't anyone ever watched Judge Judy?? A lot of the cases center around someone's "good dog" attacking someone or something! And everyone's idea of a 'good' dog can seriously range. Kind of like how we parents talk about our kids.."My son would never...", "Oh, look how cute Susie looks punching Mickey Mouse!" I love dogs, but not at an amusement park. Who knows though, some day they may have to retrofit Dumbo seats for our furry companions' rights!

Upvote 0

Belle1004

I love my dog like a child. She goes with us eveywheee we can take her and family vacations with the dog is a great idea. Except, not Disney world. How often are you really in the room? I know we are only in there to sleep. The rest of the time we are at the parks, swimming, or at a restaurant. I love that disney created a great kennel with the option for full day day camp. I know if I had to bring my dog, she would much rather be playing with other pooches than locked up in a room. Plus I would feel uncomfortable with the maid service going in and out. HUGE dog lover, but not worth it to me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom