Is it time to allow well behave dogs in the resorts?

jav

In this time and age families travel with their pets but it's a shame that you have to house them somewhere else. Disney should set aside some rooms as pet friendly, say a bldg at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Treehouse Villas, where you could be away from guest who don't like pets. Some of these rooms on the first floor already have a patio with grass. There are thousands of pet friendly restaurants and hotels around the country and we choose those businesses over the ones that are not, surprisingly they are quieter and cleaner. How many times you go to a restaurant and a kid is climbing over the booth, screaming, or if in a hotel they wake you up at 5am from the room above or next door jumping, screaming. Business that have tried this have increased their business and customers keep coming back.

R W B

I really wouldnt mind 2 or 3 resorts having a pet friendly building. I really wouldnt mind them in the parks either. I'm not sure how that would work because obviously they would not go on rides but if your party had someone that was going to take care of the pet all day, I wouldnt mind it.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

This would be a major turn off! I get annoyed when people are walking their pets inside a "pet friendly" mall. They can be loud, dirty, and allergenic. Who's to say what the definition of "well behaved" might be... I vote no.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

I would feel so sorry for any pet being dragged around the parks. I hate going to community events where people bring dogs. You walk around looking at the art or whatever and suddenly you are tripping over a little dog. They are over heated. No fun for Fido.

Upvote 0

moonchild925

This thread has ranged from civil to bizarre indeed. As I posted earlier, I think along with some others that perhaps disney could and perhaps should cater to this growing market. It could be easily confined to one resort or area and disney could police their policy with the accustomed disney rigidity. I think most pet owners could agree that they don't intend on carrying fido around in a purse at the parks. which as a dog owner i would be vehemently opposed to for various reasons including it's not good for the dog, owners or other guests. BUT.....they accomodate all manner of other guests with special needs and they charge a hefty premium for all the rooms on property as it is. and quite frankly I've seen plenty of obnoxious rude families kids etc that go far beyond the scope of what cast members and other guests should have to endure with their behavior (assaulting bus drivers anyone?) Playing devils advocate here.....but if the requirement of such a resort/area were that the dogs be kenneled during the day or whenever the owner is away from the room. or placed in best friends day care for example....and with guests paying a security deposit and signing whatever legal waiver they need to I think it's high time that if everyone has to deal with multitudes of screaming barfy kids at every other common space at wdw that a small corner of the world for dog lovers is not completely absurd. I guarantee my dog won't scream and cry and kick your seat on every bus because they'd be respectfully boarded and cared for while I enjoy my vacation too.

Upvote 0

Gracy_hm

Well

If the dog is well behaved, wears a diaper, is muzzled when in public, the dogs caretaker pays a $2000 refundable deposit, and a insurance policy purchase and consent form signing off on liability is all followed and the caretaker and the family all agree to stay in a separate building from any existing at this time THEN and only then should any animal other than a service dog or service animal be allowed anywhere in the parks.

P.S I love dogs, cats, animals, and plants, I actually became a carnivore because I don't like killing plants they hardly ever instigate any conflict.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I would feel so sorry for any pet being dragged around the parks. I hate going to community events where people bring dogs. You walk around looking at the art or whatever and suddenly you are tripping over a little dog. They are over heated. No fun for Fido.
Are describing dogs or parents that bring their kids and insist they are going to see EVERYTHING

Upvote 0

kucarachi

as a vacation club member i definately would not like to see animals in any of the properties i pay my dues to maintain. Anyone that goes to the park knows that for every person that picks up after their dog...there are 10 who don't and don't even carry the proper things to pick up the stuff even if they wanted to. You really want that kind of stuff on the sidewalk, near the pool....how many pairs of shoes would you have to bring on vacation...then have the smell on your shoes the rest of the trip!
I say people are starting to worry more about animals than other humans...i dont see all that many people bringing their family members living in nursing homes to disney.....maybe worry about more important things than a dog spending a week away from an empty hotel room.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I love it when people compare pets to humans. Now I agree that some children are bad and act like animals. I also agree that some animals are better behaved than some children. Unfortunately, children are human and pets are not. Sorry, that's pretty much a scientific fact.
Disney parks and resorts are created for people. If it wasn't the case there would be less rides and attractions, more fire hydrants, chew toys, and little items with bells or squeaky things inside. The counter service areas would be lower and sell more of a variety of pet foods than people foods.
Sorry, you may absolutely love your pet like a child, but it isn't a child. Even if you insist on dressing it up to look like one.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

seriously?

Are you kidding? One thing I've learned being a parent is the disparity between what people constitute "good behavior". There are things I've seen kids do, allowed by their parents, that I would never allow my kids to do and most likely their parents seem to think they're children are "well behaved"! And I bet it would be the same with dog owners, too. Plus, let's face it, there are some children that shouldn't be allowed in WDW! (And parents, for that matter.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom