Is it time to allow well behave dogs in the resorts?

jav

In this time and age families travel with their pets but it's a shame that you have to house them somewhere else. Disney should set aside some rooms as pet friendly, say a bldg at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Treehouse Villas, where you could be away from guest who don't like pets. Some of these rooms on the first floor already have a patio with grass. There are thousands of pet friendly restaurants and hotels around the country and we choose those businesses over the ones that are not, surprisingly they are quieter and cleaner. How many times you go to a restaurant and a kid is climbing over the booth, screaming, or if in a hotel they wake you up at 5am from the room above or next door jumping, screaming. Business that have tried this have increased their business and customers keep coming back.

MaryJaneP

Never. This is just step one and a horrible one at that. First is the call to let pets in the resorts, next thing you know, some yippy bag dog is barking all through Haunted Mansion.

No, please God, No!

Upvote 0

moonchild925

well there is camping at ft. wilderness with your pet but then even in a nice rv it's still camping. i would love to bring my dogs to disney but i agree that it's not a vacation where I'd be spending quite enough time with them vs the parks. Plus the cost for me to fly with my dogs and even board them at disney's fancy new pet resort would be more than my vacation cost.....not an affordable option for me. But I still feel however if it was contained to one resort and area only they should be doing this. Most pet friendly hotels have rules that you can't leave your pet unattended in the room anyways so there could be a discount for hotel guests on the doggie day care at the kennel and it'd be mandatory they use it to make a reservation. I mean we've accomodated almost every other need at the world and really this business grows billions every year...

Upvote 0

britdaw

I don't think it would be a good idea to allow pets in the parks. Even the most well-behaved animal is not going to handle having to stay in a hotel room 80% of the time because their owner is out and about in the parks... Not to mention the people who won't clean up after their dogs.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

In this time and age families travel with their pets but it's a shame that you have to house them somewhere else. Disney should set aside some rooms as pet friendly, say a bldg at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Treehouse Villas, where you could be away from guest who don't like pets. Some of these rooms on the first floor already have a patio with grass. There are thousands of pet friendly restaurants and hotels around the country and we choose those businesses over the ones that are not, surprisingly they are quieter and cleaner. How many times you go to a restaurant and a kid is climbing over the booth, screaming, or if in a hotel they wake you up at 5am from the room above or next door jumping, screaming. Business that have tried this have increased their business and customers keep coming back.

Preface by saying... what I am about to say does not pertain to any legitimate Helper dogs or animals.

I sure hope Disney never will do this. Thats what kennels are for. Some people are missing a gene in the DNA somewhere and think their pets are equivelant to a person. What is wrong with people???:rolleyes:

Thankfully I have never been in a restaurant that allows pets... I would pick up and leave immediately if I saw an animal come in the place. We just recently stayed at a Hotel(in PA) that we did not know was" Pet-friendly". Well on the second day I was not feeling good and the wife took the kids to see RIO(it was raining) while I stayed at the room and rested. Well thats when I found out it was a "pet friendly" hotel. The dam foo-foo ankle-biters(2 of them) did not stop yapping the whole time I was trying to relax.:mad: I will be sure to double check before my hotel stays now.

Repeat after me... Kennels are for Pets and Hotels and restaurants are for People.

We have a Boxer and her Kennel stay is played right when our ADRs are made.

Upvote 0

todpatcam

We love our Goldendoodle and she is one great laid-back pooch who loves anyone that will scratch behind her ears but she does not belong at a Disney resort. The problem is that 90% of the folks would bring good pets and would be responsible owners and would do the necessary clean-up but there's that 10% that think they have good pets and feel that their business is fine on the manicured Disney lawn - NOT!!!

Sorry - we our crazy dog lovers and spend a good portion of our summer at the Bark-Park but I can't agree with the OP on this one. :eek:

Upvote 0

Plowboy

Who's going to "clean up" after the pet? I have neighbors who think it's ok to just let their dog dump (sorry) on the sidewalk and then walk away. No thanks.

Caveat: Service animals cheerfully allowed.

Upvote 0

river dancer

I don't even like being around my cat sometimes. I mean, hes a doll, but I can imagine living in a one room area with him for a week. And dogs? With taking them for walks, differences in what "well-behaved" means...

I could just imagine those people who refuse to put their dogs on leashes letting them run wild. And then one gets hit by a bus and all of a sudden someone wants to sue.

The only animals I want to see are the ones at AK.

Upvote 0

BrerJon

If they did let animals into the parks it would be a nightmare for Guest Relations who, no joke, would be dealing with strays all day.

"Why did you leave your dog on its own while you rode Pirates?"
"Er, the wait said 20 minutes so I figured he would wait outside for me that long as he does whenever I go to the grocery store."

For the tiny percentage of people who would like their pets in the parks, you'd annoy pretty much everyone else, increase staff costs, liability insurance costs and need to find places to sell pet food etc. Definitely an idea to knock on the head now!

Upvote 0

buseegal

service animals are allowed in the parks. so you can run into these animals. when their owner stop to eat they are allowed inside. this is also true of puppies in training. small park i work for has a puppy training day, had a fazmily complain that the puppy was in the cafe. that day the park had 12 puppies in training. one of families was using that day to prepare for up coming trip to Disney. not sure which resort they were staying but puppy would not have been at the kennel. have never seen at Disney but i am sure it happens.

Upvote 0

jav

Original Poster
That's why I said "in a bldg away from guests who don't like pets, like Old Key West, Saratoga.." These resorts are not multilevel high rise like Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower, rather you drive up to your room and the resorts are divided in small buildings, so a bldg could be dedicated where only guests with pets stay, everyone else will never notice. The resort could charge for a "dog walker" and a deposit for damage. My dog always goes with me to many places an all he does is lay next to me and sleep while I eat in a dog friendly restaurant. However, when I go to regular restaurant I always ask the server to sit us away from children and in hotels to get me the highest floor, I'm just saying...

Upvote 0

joesheets

LEAVE YOUR FRIGGIN DOG AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!! It's not a human. It's not a member of the family. IT'S A PET PEOPLE! You don't need to bring little rex along with you when you leave the house. There are people in the world that are highly allergic to your stupid pet. You are being inconsiderate when you take your dog to a restaurant or shopping. Some of my family members are highly allergic to pet dander and it ticks me off when I see someone with their stupid dog in a restaurant. But hey, what does it matter if someone (a human) gets sick and has to go to the hospital as long as you get to bring your dog with you to eat. Right!?! We made it where smokers can't smoke inside maybe that should be the next cause to make people leave their dog at home.

Upvote 0

Raven66

We are pet owners, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I would not want to bring any of them with us on vacation no matter where we go. I love them all but a week away is like heaven. The dogs go to a kennel where they are loved and taken care of. The cats stay here and are checked on on a daily basis. The cats get to relax with out the fear of being jumped by a dog. I think I wouldn't like a pet friendly resort. If there was barking all night it would bother me. The only time we have ever taken our pets is when we moved, and then they were drugged because one of my dogs gets car sick. It's no fun.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

That's why I said "in a bldg away from guests who don't like pets, like Old Key West, Saratoga.." These resorts are not multilevel high rise like Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower, rather you drive up to your room and the resorts are divided in small buildings, so a bldg could be dedicated where only guests with pets stay, everyone else will never notice. The resort could charge for a "dog walker" and a deposit for damage.

Dedicating a building at one or more resorts is not a smart financial move for Disney, especially if they can't guarantee that it will be highly occupied at all times. You would also need special housekeeping staff for that building, who know how to clean the rooms properly after a pet has been there.

Having a dedicated pet facility is the best financial move for Disney.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

All pets can not be trusted. They will always end up making a mess, tear something up, or worse, attack someone when least expected. it's just a matter of time.
You also have to factor in many people are allergic to animals.

Disney will not allow that type of "lawsuit waiting to happen" into the resort area anyway. They have enough problems dealing with humans.

I really thought the new pet place they built would make pet owners happy.
It sure is a great place compared to what they did have.

http://wdw.bestfriendspetcare.com/

Upvote 0

MansionGoer13z

I think service dogs have gotten WAY out of control! I have not problem with seeing eye dogs, but Comfort dogs......REALLY????? In this day you can buy one of those things to put on any dog so you can take them with you. A person I know has a little yapper dog that she admits she bought the "service animal" thing for so she could take it with her anywhere she goes. It is time for papers to be needed for some of these animals!
Like you I do see a problem with the comfort dogs and yes I'm not a fan either.

Upvote 0

ariel90

I love my dog and in the perfect world I would love to bring her to the park but thats not going to happen. She's small dog really friendly, hypoallergenic, and very well behaved. I wish there were some way for me to at least bring her to the park in one of those doggy strollers they have but that will never be case. If I did bring her she'd be in kennel and we would both be sad. Sometimes honestly at the end of the day here not trying to offend I find it annoying that people can bring their crazy kids that are way more annoying than any dog. But I guess it's best for less mess, lawsuits, and allergies.:(

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

I like how everybody has the perfect dog. It's so lovable and well behaved. Keep the mongruls at home! It's an animal!

I think Mike Vick is opening a kennel in Orlando......................That was a joke!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom