Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

ppete1975

As credible as I know you to be, Martin.. I really don't think I would have enjoyed it very much. Nor would many of the people in my generation. It seems like it is overrated today, looking back on the past. Much like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, for instance... I rode it for the first time in Disneyland last year aaaand, honestly, Pooh was better. In my opinion. Not really sure what the big hubbub was about.

I feel the same way about Tiki Room and Carousel of Progress. They're trapped in a nostalgic bubble when really, honestly, they're just... Eh. Not that great anymore. Except to really die-hard Disney fan. Take anyone who doesn't know much about Disney outside of some movies. A normal person, if you will. And honestly, it just isn't that good when it comes down to it.

I feel like that's the same viewpoint the die-hard Disney fanatics feel about Energy, Living Seas, many old EPCOT attractions. When in reality, they were okay for their time. But really, that's all they were.

May the rotten fruits be thrown all over me. I'm guilty of this too, though, as for my childhood consists of all the attractions that replaced the attractions a majority of the people on these forums loved. So MY nostalgic bubble kicked in when things like Food Rocks closed. Ellen's Energy Adventure. The Wonders of Life pavilion. Literally my childhood favorites. I'm salty towards Soarin' as a result. But that doesn't mean it's not an improvement. Much like I'll be salty about Guardians taking over Energy, but I believe it'll be an improvement. Despite my childhood and MY nostalgic bubble literally disappearing. So now, attractions like Soarin', Frozen Ever After, and Guardians will be ANOTHER generation's "nostalgic bubble" one day.

I may not have been able to experience the (seemingly boring) original Epcot Center. But I'm sure if I had grown up with it, I would have enjoyed it... However, I don't think I would have enjoyed them in comparison to the attractions I got to know and love from all of my trips. You guys just have a connection with those attractions... And I cannot understand that connection for the same reason many of you wouldn't be able to understand my connection to EEA or the car stunt show at HS. Much like I won't be able to understand the next generation's obsession with Pandora and Star Wars Land. I'll think they're alright. But I'll always be flocking to my personal nostalgic bubble attractions more excitedly than the new ones.

Take it as it is.
As credible as I know you to be, Martin.. I really don't think I would have enjoyed it very much. Nor would many of the people in my generation. It seems like it is overrated today, looking back on the past. Much like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, for instance... I rode it for the first time in Disneyland last year aaaand, honestly, Pooh was better. In my opinion. Not really sure what the big hubbub was about.

I feel the same way about Tiki Room and Carousel of Progress. They're trapped in a nostalgic bubble when really, honestly, they're just... Eh. Not that great anymore. Except to really die-hard Disney fan. Take anyone who doesn't know much about Disney outside of some movies. A normal person, if you will. And honestly, it just isn't that good when it comes down to it.

I feel like that's the same viewpoint the die-hard Disney fanatics feel about Energy, Living Seas, many old EPCOT attractions. When in reality, they were okay for their time. But really, that's all they were.

May the rotten fruits be thrown all over me. I'm guilty of this too, though, as for my childhood consists of all the attractions that replaced the attractions a majority of the people on these forums loved. So MY nostalgic bubble kicked in when things like Food Rocks closed. Ellen's Energy Adventure. The Wonders of Life pavilion. Literally my childhood favorites. I'm salty towards Soarin' as a result. But that doesn't mean it's not an improvement. Much like I'll be salty about Guardians taking over Energy, but I believe it'll be an improvement. Despite my childhood and MY nostalgic bubble literally disappearing. So now, attractions like Soarin', Frozen Ever After, and Guardians will be ANOTHER generation's "nostalgic bubble" one day.

I may not have been able to experience the (seemingly boring) original Epcot Center. But I'm sure if I had grown up with it, I would have enjoyed it... However, I don't think I would have enjoyed them in comparison to the attractions I got to know and love from all of my trips. You guys just have a connection with those attractions... And I cannot understand that connection for the same reason many of you wouldn't be able to understand my connection to EEA or the car stunt show at HS. Much like I won't be able to understand the next generation's obsession with Pandora and Star Wars Land. I'll think they're alright. But I'll always be flocking to my personal nostalgic bubble attractions more excitedly than the new ones.

Take it as it is.
youd hate 20,000 leagues it was fun and I miss it but it was campy.. I think a lot of people will miss speedway in the same way when its gone.. if 20,000 was still there I'm sure people would want it gone.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I dare say we will see more capacity tweaks. But not at the expense of new additions if there has to be a choice.

Not to get too off topic, but I hope one of those "tweaks" is Peter Pan. Sure would be nice to get ride vehicles like they have in Shanghai that seat twice the guests, even if it meant closing the ride for a year or so to replace the track-work. That ride more than almost any other ride on property could benefit from some added capacity.

EricsBiscuit

Not to get too off topic, but I hope one of those "tweaks" is Peter Pan. Sure would be nice to get ride vehicles like they have in Shanghai that seat twice the guests, even if it meant closing the ride for a year or so to replace the track-work. That ride more than almost any other ride on property could benefit from some added capacity.
Not so simple, the ride vehicle is also larger. This means that you would lose ride vehicles too. They only way I can see them increasing the capacity of Pan is increasing the track length and using those vehicles.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Paris has a superior ride system too. But hey. Orlando got an even longer standby line.

RSoxNo1

I'm all for increasing capacity where it's needed as well as new additions. But I believe for the medium term new builds and new experiences will have to prove their roi on paper. It'll also help when Passage can consistently run all four chambers simultaneously.

And when other building issues are fixed.
Has Flight of Passage had a day where it's capacity wasn't 15% less than any other E-ticket on property?

RSoxNo1

I’d like to know.
I just don't see how it's possible. I believe the next lowest E-ticket capacity is Test Track, right and that does ~1440 an hour, right? For Flight of Passage to match that, it needs to do 8 minute cycle times at all four theaters, all the time. It doesn't do that.

Alternative capacity tweaks could be modifying the restraints, or finding a way to wedge another bike or two per row.

RSoxNo1

The line is wonderful though that's no excuse. And standby moves at a good pace so it never felt tedious- in fact I wanted it to slow down in the lab portion.
The queue is excellent and it does move (assuming all four theaters are operating). But it shouldn't be hitting 3 hours on average crowd days. Disney's recent history has seen underbuilt (from a capacity standpoint) rides going into the parks. I fear that Star Wars will face the same problems.

I also suspect that the don't distribute as many FP+ for FoP to help with the standby queue.

Last edited:

sedati

The queue is excellent and it does move (assuming all four theaters are operating). But it shouldn't be hitting 3 hours on average crowd days. Disney's recent history has seen underbuilt (from a capacity standpoint) rides going into the parks. I fear that Star Wars will face the same problems.

I think four theaters was reasonable, but there clearly are issues with loading. On my trip they had one cast member loading each row of 16. They check each person as quick as they can. I'm not sure if this is how it was meant to be- I'd think they would push the button to move the restraints in place and then they should only have to check whichever didn't achieve the right number of clicks. I fit fine, but was still asked to try and move my foot up and down as was everyone else- not sure why this is done, but the castmember had to visually see everyone do this. On my second ride there was a hold-up because of a non-english speaking rider who literally howled every time the restraint came down. The cast member tried to explain what the restraint was doing, but she seemed genuinely terrified. She had her get up and watch us all get restrained, then released us and did it again to which she finally acquiesced. The easy (but not cheap) fix would be to add a second cast member to check each row, at least until the restraining process can be further streamlined.

I mentioned this long ago, but I do think an additional theater could be useful, but not in the way presently described. A smaller single level theater with seats for the guests too large for the regular attraction and spots for scooters and wheelchairs could still offer the 3-D ridefilm along with wind, mist, smell effects, and possibly even limited movement. This could help ease the capacity burden and expand upon who can have the experience.

JCoppola

My wife and I were down this past weekend 2 of the 4 theaters were down we were told. We got in line at 3:40 and got out at 7:20. The person in front of me was a Seahawks fan and watched the entire game against the Texans on his phone before he got on the ride. This is just awful.

This thread seems to have been hijacked from Indiana Jones so I might as well chime in here. My wife and I are approaching senior status and have been Disney nuts for a long time having been well over 50 times and are annual passholders. I remember the awe and wonder I felt when Epcot opened, I loved all the slow moving omnimover rides but more importantly they were people eaters. Now all the new rides are slow loading and make for impossible waits. Long gone are the days when we used to go in September and October and literally walk onto rides. This weekend we waited close to 4 hours for FOP, 2 hours for Navi River. In Magic Kingdom we waited 2.5 hours for 7 Dwarfs.

The point is I am a lifelong Disney fanatic and this weekend almost broke me. If this were my first time, going now, no matter the age I would never want to come back. There was no "magic" just long, long waits. I follow all the forums and knew Navi River was short and lacking a climax but my wife did not. After the AA she said is that it? The AA really should have been in the middle leading to a spectacular second half of the ride leading to a climax with the tree the Navi worship.

The young crowd will call me old for this but what Disney needs are more large capacity continuous loading rides to take the burden off these slow loading thrill rides. Just my 2 cents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom