Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

spaceghost

Could you expand at all? Is there actual stuff to be optimistic about for WDW beyond what we already know. The context of this quote makes me think that it is related to WDW actually getting attention but now I'm wandering if the "gloves coming off" is Uni charging forward.
My interpretation is that Marni is saying that ideally we'd get both theaters for capacity AND a big E ticket that is marketable. Oh, and that it seems that Uni and WDW will be upping the ante with each other quite a bit over the next decade, and that from the WDW perspective at least, that means being able to market big new attractions (and not C/D ticket people eaters).

EricsBiscuit

My interpretation is that Marni is saying that ideally we'd get both theaters for capacity AND a big E ticket that is marketable. Oh, and that it seems that Uni and WDW will be upping the ante with each other quite a bit over the next decade, and that from the WDW perspective at least, that means being able to market big new attractions (and not C/D ticket people eaters).
YAY

Jones14

After experiencing Pandora this weekend, I can easily say that DAK needs more firepower. Just more capacity overall. Literally 10 more attractions of all varieties.
Agreed, although I think they’re pretty set on shows and animal exhibits. Thinking realistically, a new ride or two and a solid replacement for Dinoland would go a long way, but even as it stands, AK is Disney’s best Orlando park right now.

larandtra

You can only do so many projections and surveys to determine outcome and even then, the chances of the results being different are very high from a statistical standpoint. If you over prepare then you end up with unused assets you spent money on and if you under prepare, well we see the results.

JediMasterMatt

Maybe they didnt expect it to be this popular? or they expect the popularity to wane?

Yes, I'm sure that the demand for the first new E-ticket in more than decade at the vacation capital of the world, located in a park that only has more ride capacity than DHS because of the pathetic current state of that park, in a land that had another E-ticket planned and removed for budget reasons, took them completely by surprise. ;)

drizgirl

Yes, I'm sure that the demand for the first new E-ticket in more than decade at the vacation capital of the world, located in a park that only has more ride capacity than DHS because of the pathetic current state of that park, in a land that had another E-ticket planned and removed for budget reasons, took them completely by surprise. ;)
Took the words right out of my mouth.

lazyboy97o

You can only do so many projections and surveys to determine outcome and even then, the chances of the results being different are very high from a statistical standpoint. If you over prepare then you end up with unused assets you spent money on and if you under prepare, well we see the results.
Except that Disney already lacked adequate capacity. Disney increases crowding and people accept it as some sort of magical benefit.

larandtra

I didnt insinuate I see it as a benefit. Merely stating that they under prepared. They certainly lack capacity and adding an attraction that also lacks capacity to manage the crowds it attracts brings other issues about. I dont have an answer to the problem of lacking capacity because the easy answer is throw money at it and create a bunch of out of the box simulator rides like Universal does. Because outside of Harry Potter and Mummy, thats all universal does. Out of the box simulator attractions with different themes and out of the box coasters. If Disney fans would be happy with that in order to get a bunch of attractions up and running fast and cheap, then maybe they should consider it. But, I have a feeling if they did that, then the fans would be complaining that rides arent good or why didnt they put more effort into it and not copy Universals model. Not going to make everyone happy. But, take a moment and go peek at Universals wait times on their major attractions, or even secondary ones on most given days and they are just as bad as WDWs for the most part.

jt04

It's the space that would have had a third attraction in it today if it hadn't been cut.

Maybe we will ultimately end up with a better and more technologically advanced addition than we other wise would have. More relevant to the new films too.

:cool:

DisneyDodo

From Disney’s perspective, it does make sense to open two Pandora E-tickets at separate times, rather than all at once. As soon as the Pandora hype dies down, they can rev it back up again with a brand new attraction. (But, of course, this kinda sucks for all the park guests who are waiting 4+ hours for FoP)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom