Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

HauntedMansionFLA

I would say they have a good opportunity to turn Dinoland into Australia. But I can't. They don't have enough solid IPs or themes they can employ beyond some kind of S.E.A. storyline. Nemo would fit, but that's about it. Rescuers Down Under? What's odd is that Australia (as dedicated land) in DAK has been rumored for years yet nothing's ever come of it. I guess they could theoretically keep "Dinosaur" as a Paleontologist Institute within Australia and rework the storyline a bit. The rest though :shrugs:
Where are all of the different areas Dr. Jones visit in the movies? And what type of coaster would go in?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In your opinion, do you think most will leave "flux" unscathed, or will a bunch be scrapped entirely? Also, are the projects a mix of big and small, or mostly small? If you can say, of course. Just hoping the damage isn't too extensive. Did you expect this to happen?
I didn’t quite expect it like this but it’s no surprise really.

Stripes

Premium Member
Do you have any idea why? I'm just confused as to why so sudden, with no apparent reason. Although, some of your phrasing has suggested that much of the cuts may not come to fruition (which I'm mentally clinging to).

Disneyhead'71

Is this the monkey wrench in the works?
monorail-red-at-disney.jpg

Capsin4

I haven’t seen this addressed, but does the DHS idea involve adding the ride next to the theatre, or demoing the theatre and putting the ride in its place? If it’s too early to talk about it, that’s fine
Would be nice if the ride and restaurant/bar sat on top of star tours and backlot, leaving the theater. I’m just afraid it’ll be out of place eventually with it’s focus on making the movie.

FigmentJedi

Even if Dinoland became Central/South America couldn't Dinosaur still technically fit since it was pretty much set in whats now Venezuela?
Dinosaur just grabs species from all over the place and going off the queue, even attempts to pass off the carnotaur as a made up Floridian subspecies as part of some weird insistence that Dinoland is somewhere in Florida when that makes no real sense because Florida was underwater in dinosaur times and all the stuff in Dinoland is meant to evoke the Great American Roadtrip out west.

Suspirian

Dinosaur just grabs species from all over the place and going off the queue, even attempts to pass off the carnotaur as a made up Floridian subspecies as part of some weird insistence that Dinoland is somewhere in Florida when that makes no real sense because Florida was underwater in dinosaur times and all the stuff in Dinoland is meant to evoke the Great American Roadtrip out west.

I'm aware of the attraction but I meant the film itself. It's funny because if Dinoland became South America they wouldn't need that Carnotaurus subspecies explanation since they're found in South America.

FigmentJedi

I'm aware of the attraction but I meant the film itself. It's funny because if Dinoland became South America they wouldn't need that Carnotaurus subspecies explanation since they're found in South America.
Film is ambiguously North American, hence the "Carnotaurs don't usually come this far north" line.

Magenta Panther

While I agree in principle, how many Harry Potter rides are there in FL and how many more are planned?

Yes, I understand, BUT - Universal isn't Disney. I think that Disney is different. There's a mythology and legend that was built into Disney by Walt himself, and that, to many people, is what sets Disney apart. I think that's why Disney is still on top when it comes to theme parks DESPITE the fact that Universal's parks are so amazing. And IMO, Iger is a fool not to expand upon the Disney difference. He's such a cement-head that he thinks he has to buy off-studio properties to keep Disney strong. He doesn't. The fact that he does so much purchasing is a signal to consumers that Disney itself isn't enough anymore. That's the damage he's done. And that's why I despise him so much. He's not even the flip side to Walt. The creative DNA is too different. Walt was a creator. Iger is an exploiter. And that, to me, makes hime vile beyond words.

RSoxNo1

No reason we couldn't have both a coaster and a dark ride. But, ya know, that costs $$. Maybe they'll surprise us and give us a dark ride (LPS, giving AK it's own) in the Nemo theater. I'd hate to lose the theater but I'm sure they can work one in somewhere else, no?

I also wouldn't mind a retheme of Kali to Jungle Book, as long as they give it a solid makeover. But that's probably pushing it.
I think the village of Anandapur is in need of a redesign. There's a few ways this can be done, but eliminating Kali on the current footprint would give them access to the much larger area north of Asia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom