Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

ElBendro

With all the changes in Animal Kingdom, the nice Harambe expansion, cosmetic makeover of Discovery Island .... Chester and Hester's sticks out like a sore thumb now. It always did but it's even more noticeable. It was just a matter of time. I'm just glad they aren't sitting back and seem to be willing to do something here. But we'll see if anything truly does happen. Sounds like, as always, when WDW starts getting some good stuff, they then start chipping away. I had hoped we'd be spared that this time because of the awareness they have that they've let the parks stagnate for way too long and have a lot of catching up to do.

If some of the chipping away and changes are for the better, I'm glad, but we'll see what happens.

To be fair they were hoping the 22% approval rating for Dinoland would just go up with more smiles, pin trading, and "magical moments".

VaderTron

Jungles, forests, savannahs, ancient ruins are not a theme...they are a place. They exist as a setting to tell a story related to the theme. When you are exploring ideas like the conservation of nature, obviously nature and animals will take a front seat in the story. And that is why Pandora works both thematically and is visually cohesive.
Visually Indy is almost a perfect fit (if you are considering existing Disney IPs). That for me is not enough.

What would you say the theme of Animal Kingdom is? Is it just animals? No, we have already established it's more than just another zoo. It's a park that builds an appreciation of the natural world around us with an interest in telling their stories (both fictional and real) and to build an interest in conservation and preservation. While Indy is not a treehugger or an animal rights activist, neither is most of Animal Kingdom...and it's not the intention to indoctrinate visitors with either viewpoint. It is to build appreciation, to educate, and to implant a desire in guests to preserve these treasures found all around the earth. We are taught, not just to appreciate the animal or the tree, but also its habitat, its attributes, and (when applicable) it's culture. Humans are included in the animal kingdom. Just as there is interest in long lost animals such as the dinosaurs, there is room for appreciating humans of the past along with their culture and attributes. This is what Indiana Jones embodies, the quest for artifacts from ancient cultures with the intent to preserve them in a museum and to educate others about them. Am I the only one who sees it this way?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What would you say the theme of Animal Kingdom is? Is it just animals? No, we have already established it's more than just another zoo. It's a park that builds an appreciation of the natural world around us with an interest in telling their stories (both fictional and real) and to build an interest in conservation and preservation. While Indy is not a treehugger or an animal rights activist, neither is most of Animal Kingdom...and it's not the intention to indoctrinate visitors with either viewpoint. It is to build appreciation, to educate, and to implant a desire in guests to preserve these treasures found all around the earth. We are taught, not just to appreciate the animal or the tree, but also its habitat, its attributes, and (when applicable) it's culture. Humans are included in the animal kingdom. Just as there is interest in long lost animals such as the dinosaurs, there is room for appreciating humans of the past along with their culture and attributes. This is what Indiana Jones embodies, the quest for artifacts from ancient cultures with the intent to preserve them in a museum and to educate others about them. Am I the only one who sees it this way?

The park's dedication basically sums this up...

"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn."

RSoxNo1

To summarize:

The DAK Proposal:​
  • Dinoland becomes Central/South America
    • Dinosaur becomes Indy
    • Dinorama becomes a wooden coaster
    • Restaurantosaurus becomes adventurer-themed with a bar
    • Nemo Theater become a boat ride (Shanghai pirates tech) with an IP not attractionified in the parks yet
The DHS Proposal:​
  • Indy boat ride (Shanghai pirates tech) with a related store, restaurant and bar

So, DAK and DHS are fighting over the Shanghai Pirates tech. Are they also fighting over Indy? May not be if it's OK for Indy to be in more than one park, like some other IPs.

That leaves the battle for the other tech. Which would mean Epcot wants it and also either DHS or DAK. Unknown at this time what that is.
I know you piece this together, but there's 135 pages here and I have yet to see any of the insiders on here hint at this. Did anyone definitively say Shanghai Pirates tech or just "competing over a ride system"? About the only thing I saw was that Indy was being considered for Dinoland.

smile

I know you piece this together, but there's 135 pages here and I have yet to see any of the insiders on here hint at this. Did anyone definitively say Shanghai Pirates tech or just "competing over a ride system"? About the only thing I saw was that Indy was being considered for Dinoland.

not quite sure who you consider what, but it was specifically mentioned

smile

"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn."

is a bit of a mess, isn't it?

Capsin4

Can you link to it? I must have missed it in the 137 pages.
I don’t think the spotc system was mentioned by an insider. One insider comfirmed 2 parks were looking at Indy and 3 parks (not MK) were looking at the same ride system. Someone else added the specific ride system, or at least I haven’t seen an insider mention it or hint strongly at it. I may have missed it though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom