Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kman101

But it has a BACKSTORY! So it's amazzzzing! ;)

I mean, it's clever. For a carnival, they did a great job, I'd love to see Disney do my local carnival, but I don't want this in a park like Animal Kingdom which has gone nowhere but up (for a change at WDW).

smile

can appreciate some of the underlying ideas, and the execution may be skillful...
but the chosen satire is just too harsh - and yeah, not really a particularly pleasing area to spend much time in.

all else aside, it's obviously not best use of the space

- but we have seen mr. earmmersive refine and approach such ideas more subtly in subsequent, more successful, attempts... so that's good

MotherOfBirds

The point of all themed lands is to create a convincing fantasy, whether its an enchanted castle or traveling to the other side of the world. C&H and Dinorama are not something that anyone would fantasize about. I'm desperately trying to escape from asphalt, strip malls & tourist traps. If you're going to create a themed experience, make it a place I'd intentionally visit

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The point of all themed lands is to create a convincing fantasy, whether its an enchanted castle or traveling to the other side of the world. C&H and Dinorama are not something that anyone would fantasize about. I'm desperately trying to escape from asphalt, strip malls & tourist traps. If you're going to create a themed experience, make it a place I'd intentionally visit

They did that with the Tangled Restrooms!!

Jones14

I don’t think that Toy Story as a property is completely useless as a themed environment. As an example, I think that the third track version of the load room (I think it’s the design from Tokyo?) in Toy Story Mania is a beautifully designed, transportive area with a lot of nice touches. Entering through the giant door, starting the ride by going under the bed into the game’s box, leaving under a side table, and so on. I really do feel like the size of a toy in that room.

It works far better than the two track version, which feels a lot more like a loading area than Andy’s room. I have a feeling the same principle will be applied when our “backyard” opens as compared to the other versions.

As time goes on, I’m of the mind that maybe a Mermaid Lagoon approach would have served the land better. It would’ve been neat to enter Andy’s house and see the Alien Saucers in the hallway, with the Slinky coaster spilling down the stairs as you walk towards Andy’s room to ride Mania.

peter11435

DAK parking lot.
DAK parking lot is in pretty good shape. But where are several lots around property that are more run down then dinorama. Many resort and park parking lots have reached embarrassing levels of decay. It’s pretty bad when Walmart parking lots are better maintained and landscaped than those at WDW.

dennis-in-ct

I also said this on Feb. 6th.

This aligns with @marni1971 tidbit about a cheaper Dinoland refresh.

A lot of scaling back of projects going on.

Good. I really don't want to lose the NEMO Theater.
Love that show quality and volume of people it serves. I am sad the MK theater was cancelled cause MK needs something like that to absorb the crowds and give guests a chance to see Disney Characters

dennis-in-ct

in this case, it’s more prudent. Dinoland doesn’t need to be rethemed. It needs updates.

DHS needs the new E ticket. Given the cost of WDI projects, Dinosaur should stay and be plussed. It’s a great ride. No need to pull a GMR here.

I agree and think the DINO theme is an integral part of Animal Kingdom and needs to stay - especially DINOSAUR. Dinosaur is a great spook house. It is Hollywood Studios and EPCOT that need help. Its disgusting that Hollywood Studios is full price to visit right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom